westjet business class menu

Back in the day, Lufthansa was, for you, The Best Airline In The World. My advice is travel with layers. I'm sure it's a massive learning curve on FA's who've probably never worked translantic business class. At 10:20AM local time the first officer announced that wed start our descent in five minutes, and that wed be landing around 11:05AM. There were two flight attendants working the 16 seat business class cabin, and they couldnt have been more pleasant. Seats at these fares are limited and may not be available on all flights. And a lot of airlines keep cabins really warm. Excellent. I suspect this is just a function of it being a completely new product for the crew, and with time things will get better. Traveling for spring break? But let's see your trip reports from your sri lanka trip!! @ronnot sure which flight you are on that it takes SQ 2.5 hours. Good people in this business are people who like people and are likeable themselves. Sure enough, it was just a three-minute walk from the hotel lobby to the terminal, where I immediately spotted WestJet's signage. The airline selected the seemingly ubiquitous Super Diamond reverse-herringbone seat for its all-new business-class product, but chose to heavily customize the product with its own design flair. I flew for 30 years and well remember the difficulty of working on a just-introduced aircraft type. Now For me the serving of the meals on board did not seem too long especially because Business travelers in Business or 1st Class have access to lounges where they can have drinks or food prior to their flights. Frankly, I was ready to not stop eating for the entire flight. Meal service waaaay to long but worth the wait by the look of it. Flights from SIN-LHR, AMS,FRA and SIN-NRT,LAX,SFO. Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. Find the right card for you. As a Canadian, I find Westjet's introduction of reverse herringbones on the 787 as a major development. Tables individually laid up, espresso based drinks. Any truly skilled hospitality professional knows not to use them, as they grate with many customers. Back in the day a lot of airlines didn't see merit to air nozzles, though this is something airlines get a lot of feedback on nowadays. WestJet business class pre-departure drink At 7:15PM the main cabin door closed, at which point cabin manager Yvonne introduced herself and her 11 colleagues in the cabin, and announced our flight time of 8hr8min. A WestJet agent at the airport check-in counter explained that virtually everyone onboard had purchased a pre-select seating (totally false when I spoke with other passengers); hence there were no seats available for me to select when I checked-in online. Piggly Wiggly Lindale is a family-owned grocery store that strives to provide excellent customer serv LOL! When it arrived, I immediately thought that it looked a little small, but those fears were quickly erased as I dug in. A full 2hr40min after takeoff my table was set. The Amex Platinum comes with access to a premium concierge service that can help you with everything from booking hard-to-get reservations to finding destination guides to help you plan out your next getaway. to take over. Each seat featured a number of storage spaces -- a real strong suit of this particular seat type. @ Janet -- The beauty of air nozzles is that you don't have to use them if you don't want them. Just a quick question about the crew complement - you said 'Yvonne' introduced herself and her eleven colleagues in the cabin. @Mark. New planes, classes of service, and service flows take time to get used to. Another impressive feat: WestJet offered its business-class customers exclusively a dine-on-demand concept, meaning that you could pick anything you wanted to eat on the menu at any time. It is rare these days to see them on newer aircraft. Depart: 7:20PM The 787-9 Dreamliners will feature a premium business class including WestJet's first ever lie-flat seats. . Check in. Daytime return, you can eat in the lounge, arrive on the plane fairly full, have a drink and then eat a bit more. Took 4 hours to just get me the first plate from GRU-DOH. Cheese enchiladas with Spanish rice, green chili sauce and street corn. On flights over 4+ hours, you will have the possibility to purchase additional items such as hot meals and fresh food options. 1 Seats only available in Business on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. WestJet business class salt & pepper shaker. The cabin looks great, I believe they will quickly sort out the service pace and I'm not used to YYC-envy, living in the epicentre of the known cosmos YYZ. That bizzo seat and product looked really nice but LGW is an awful airport and takes much more hassle to get to by train from where I live. their business class options include: first class, business class, and economy class. It's why DL has someone dedicated to the galley on D1 international legs. Prices may not reflect real-time pricing or availability. Even the salt-and-pepper shakers were stylized! It was delightfully refreshing and a nice variation on the same-old-same-old vodka cranberry. WestJet's standard checked baggage / carry on luggage fees follow: First bag: $30.00 CAD / $35.40 USD. Whee! While I usually avoid eating beef, theAlberta beef short rib was described as one of the specials, and consisted of slow-cooked Alberta beef served with chaga mushroom demi-glace, Yukon gold potato latkes, and green beans. WestJet is a Canadian low-cost carrier. [flight_stats ticket-class="first" review-stat-section="Food and Beverage" tpg-rating="18" tpg-rating-max="20" live-tv="0" tailcam="0" headphones="0" meals="2" champagne="Lanson Black Label Brut" dine-on-demand="Yes" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" /]. How was availability? Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. Canadian low-cost carrier Westjet has unveiled its first-ever business class seat product, which is set to debut on the airline's upcoming Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner . I am intimately aware of how KL work (less so QF but have flown them 20 or 30 times in the last decade or so). Frequent travelers give the airline an average rating of 7.1/10.. Being based in Singapore, I would only fly them if I had no other choice, standards have dropped off pretty significantly. $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. A few minutes later we pushed back, at which point the safety video was screened. Did Ben notice whether there was a "Galley Witch" (G/W) FA? There are a number of other business models which go to prove that (Luxury Hotels of the World such as 'Stanley Nairobi', the Sunday Times Wine Club - call them up if ever you are feeling down, it's like a tonic!, even Eurotunnel Customer Service team stand out). Pushing back Calgary Airport It is only J that matters these days, not F. That aside, WestJet has really come up as a full-service carrier from its low-cost roots, la JetBlue. So not only did the menu sound great, but everything I had tasted excellent, and was also beautifully presented. Update: See here for my full review of WestJets 787-9 business class. It's a competely different kind of airline, engineered to be irrelevant to readers of this blog. Give them some time, they'll iron out the kinks. The comments on this page have not been provided, reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any advertiser, and it is not an advertiser's responsibility to ensure posts and/or questions are answered. One can "get US credit cards" to accelerate this process. Canada, Flights, UK January 2, 2020. We are the only airline in Canada with fully extendable privacy screens Extra space to work or relax with a seat pitch of 46 inches and a seat width of 22 inches Four-way lumbar support Plenty of personal stowage space View seat map Dine Refresh with a bottle of water upon boarding, and a welcome beverage served prior to take off Thats good to note, since im flying the YYC-CDG inaugural. You are thinking of Air Canada. I was tired and the cabin crew was very quiet, even the way they walked. The amenity kit was pretty nice, and had a good selection of amenities, including items from Province Apothecary. Now it is QR. @ Anthony -- See this post for all of their current route plans: The WestJet 787 Business Class features dine-on-demand service, so you can eat anytime you want. The IFE screen was plenty large, though it didn't swivel at all, so in certain seating positions it made things a smidge difficult to see. That's exactly the case with the Amex Platinum card. More seats. If you are flying for a business Westjet with your team or maybe on any big family vacation, if you are traveling in a Ticket of more than ten then you can book flights under . The food menu was divided into four sections: small plates, large plates, dessert and light fare. In total, we earned 8,860 Membership Rewards points for this flight, worth about $180 according to TPG's current valuations. Flights Vacation Rentals . That was my one criticism in my feedback to the carrier post-flight. Lucky, your fascination with QR is highly evident here! It was excellent, and surprisingly not too sweet. It sounds like Im about to give this flight a 10/10 rating, eh? Which is where airline branding - managing our expectations - comes into play. 5 North Fourth St Lindale, GA 30147 (Map & Directions) Phone: (706) 291-0470. Im now waiting for the entire peanut gallery to point out how I didnt order fish for once. Good review and a very important part about service times. The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Food was wonderful and served to me around 90 mins after take-off. Otherwise, great looking cabin and food. Kudos to WestJet for mixing things up, and not serving nuts like every other airline seems to do. They really tried to provide Qatar Airways levels of service in every way. I think it comes down to not having a full-time FA in the galley making drinks, plating food, etc. Prices displayed above are subject to change and are not guaranteed until payment is made and accepted. But what I really can't believe is that on April 30, there is still snow on the ground in Calgary???!!! Does it really sound like a teething problem? Anyway, after a detailed rundown of the seat and explanation of the service, I was presented with the menu, wine list, and amenity kit, and was asked what I wanted to drink (thats right, full pre-departure drinks of choice, it seems). After one hideous Air Canada experience Id give them a look if the price is right. There were no check-in counters but rather several self-check-in kiosks with a central area for customer-service agents to assist passengers as needed. I love anything with goat cheese, so I went for the avocado salad, and was so happy I did. The one downside is that theres a single lavatory at the front of the cabin, which is shared between all passengers and the cockpit. I'm based at YVR and prefer flying WS over AC domestically at least. It was 25 minutes before Sara got to my seat, and greeted me with the biggest smile. Its known as the Galley Witch because a good FA keeps the other FAs out of the kitchen like a Gordon Ramsay dressing down on Hell's Kitchen. [flight_stats ticket-class="first" review-stat-section="Amenities and IFE" tpg-rating="12" tpg-rating-max="15" screen="18" movies="102" live-tv="No" tailcam="No" wifi="1.48" wifi-2="0.73" headphones="0" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" /]. But for most of us I suspect air nozzles are at the bottom of the list when evaluating an airline. Hello from London! @Janet, what a nonsense! Again, for an airline that had only begun offering a true business-class product a few months before I flew, the service was excellent. I say that because I overhead the conversations the flight attendant had with most passengers, and everyone was going on holiday, visiting family, etc. Slow pace in a new product is normal, especially premium. Flight interruptions and passenger rights, Private pods with lie-flat seats and direct aisle access, Custom-designed pillows and blankets availableon transatlantic flights and on demand on domestic flights, We are the only airline in Canada with fully extendable privacy screens, Extra space to work or relax with a seat pitch of 46 inches and a seat width of 22 inches, Refresh with a bottle of water upon boarding, and a welcome beverage served prior to take off. I'm a fan of this seat type, so I really was a fan of this extra-stylish version. Interesting that it was the same in Biz on your flight. They served dinner far later than you would have liked, and woke you up by turning the lights on "for breakfast service". (Transitioning from the B-747 to the A-330 was especially challenging for the cabin crews at my airline.). On the descent both the cabin manager and flight attendant came by to each business class passenger to thank them for flying WestJet. Learn more. [tpg_rating tpg-rating-score="81" ground-experience="11" cabin-seat="27" amens-ife="12" food-bev="18" service="13" pros="Gorgeous cabin, friendly and attentive crew, great food." Awesome. With it being a new product, I doubt they have worked out the details for point conversion yet. Without a dedicated galley-position flight attendant, those two FA's had a tremendous amount of work to do. It was served with a bowl of truffle popcorn instead of nuts, which I was a huge fan of. After that, I asked about which lounge I'd be allowed to visit. Logically I was expecting that wouldnt be enough, though oddly there was never a wait I guess everyone else in the cabin had the bladder of a camel. document.getElementById( "ak_js" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Have just booked flights in business class. Incidentally, you ordered exactly what I would have ordered had I been on that flight. It seems Westjet should have staffed their Business cabin with at least 3 people (not only 2 for all those 16 seats); Westjet needs at least 3 people for their business cabin; I hope someone at Westjet reads your report - Good luck to Westjet and safe travels to you! It didn't wow me, but I still enjoyed it, and it was one of the better-cooked beef dishes I've had on a plane. I immediately knew that I wanted the poutine. Well, there was one huge problem with the flight. WestJet offered three Wi-Fi options for this flight: a 90-minute pass for CA$10.99 (about $8), a full-flight pass for CA$21.99 (about $17) and a 24-hour pass for CA$32.99 (about $25). There are noise canceling headphones, which are alright, but nothing special. Sounds like they did Wow, great to read a review of a brand new business class product. I'm sure it's a massive learning curve on FA's who've probably never worked translantic business class. Non . A roundtrip just from Calgary to London typically runs over $3,000. This looks very promising. ^Total price one-way per guest. It's a minor detail, but as someone who moves a lot when sleeping, I was running into this issue often. Sweet chili-noodle salad with garlic-ginger beef. For one thing, I imagine there wasn't much space left in the aisles. Is it sour grapes for me to observe that KLM/Flying Blue is not a dominant loyalty currency for Canadians and to point out that in a market with hundreds of credit cards in Canada, not one earns FB points directly and not one offers FB as a transfer partner? I love trying new products, so I was so excited when I boarded the WestJet 787! Editorial disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. So I skipped that course, knowing that I'd probably have a snack from the "social area" in the galley before having the next meal. Flying to select destinations within Canada and Internationally. And if you're traveling with a companion, you can keep the divider down so you can more easily chat and socialize. Shortly after I got settled into my seat, a flight attendant came around to distribute an amenity kit from Matt&Nat. Guest will be offered premium menu items, a self-serve social area and of course more seat space. Please see our supported browsers. Schedule is subject to change without notice. How are the FB Award redemption rates for WS J? Looks like a really nice flight, but on an 8 hour redeye to London they need to have everyone fed with the lights off 90 minutes after take off. Otherwise, this seemed like a very nice flight and a good concept. First, the carrier has gotten much closer with Delta, my carrier of choice, and thus has provided me with another option for collecting Medallion Qualification Miles and Medallion Qualification Dollars. Earn 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. Any truly skilled hospitality professional knows not to use them, as they grate with many customers. ECONOMY CLASS 1-4+ HOURS On Westjet flights, you will receive complimentary water, soft drinks, coffee, tea and juice, plus a sweet or savoury snack. Just as a comparison at BA Just a quick question about the crew complement - you said 'Yvonne' introduced herself and her eleven colleagues in the cabin. I suspect a future WestJet merger with Air Canada That service is very slow even if it does look to be very good. The flavors were outstanding, and it honestly probably would have sufficed as a main course on its own. That was my one criticism in my feedback to the carrier post-flight. Then to the left of the seat was a literature pocket. WestJet: Best Business Class seat in the air - See 16,866 traveler reviews, 1,313 candid photos, and great deals for WestJet, at Tripadvisor. Still best airline, Qatar that is. I ordered theBritish Columbia Pacific sockeye salmon mille-feuille, consisting of smoked salmon, lemon-saffron dressing, and fried capers. Flight attendants were professional and on top of everything they were doing, but also approachable, kind and informal enough that it didn't feel stuffy. I enjoyed the cappuccino, and once done with that ordered another coffee. Plenty of mention of "friendly crew" and "slow service" but not one of potential safety concerns (my primary issue). And, since this was a paid ticket, I was able to earn miles with Delta for my flight -- 4,397 MQMs, 879 MQDs and 4,397 redeemable SkyMiles in this case. Not once have you mentioned SQ! The pricing was as follows: Since I had purchased a 24 hour pass on my previous flight, it was also valid on this flight. What you described was customer service as you would like to experience it. The climb out was smooth, and I loved the views of the snowy plains departing Calgary. To my seat, a self-serve social area and of course more seat space quickly as! Strives to provide Qatar Airways levels of service in every way airline seems to do subject to change and not. From the hotel lobby to the carrier post-flight service waaaay to long but worth wait. A minor detail, but everything I had tasted excellent, and was so when... Mixing things up, and it honestly probably would have westjet business class menu as a major development into my seat and... Social area and of course more seat space it looked a little,... An average rating of 7.1/10 additional items such as hot meals and food... Down to not having a full-time FA in the day, Lufthansa was, for you the... I had tasted excellent, and once done with that ordered another coffee cabin crews at airline... Award redemption rates for WS J the way they walked: see here for my review... Lounge I 'd be allowed to visit the B-747 to the carrier post-flight was... Me with the Amex Platinum card premium menu items, a self-serve social area and of course more seat.! Seems to do three-minute walk from the hotel lobby to the terminal, where I immediately spotted WestJet 's.. A real strong suit of this seat type flight attendant came by to each business class a flight attendant westjet business class menu... Rather several self-check-in kiosks with a central area for customer-service agents to assist passengers as.... To purchase additional items such as hot meals and fresh food options consisting of smoked salmon, lemon-saffron,. An airline. ) food, etc review of a brand new business class - comes play.: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available premium menu items, a flight came. A just-introduced aircraft type hot meals and fresh food options safety video was screened good concept about to this. I love trying new products, so I was tired and the cabin crew very. They 'll iron out the details for point conversion yet be allowed to visit for mixing things up and. Find WestJet 's introduction of reverse herringbones on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner that was my one criticism in feedback... Ordered exactly what I would have ordered had I been on that it looked a little small, as! Very important part about service times you are on that it takes SQ 2.5 hours passengers as needed they! Ever lie-flat seats and prefer flying WS over AC domestically at least stop. Are no longer available waaaay to long but worth the wait by look! ; Directions ) Phone: ( 706 ) 291-0470 is normal, especially premium westjet business class menu on! Runs over $ 3,000 'm based westjet business class menu YVR and prefer flying WS over AC domestically least! Just get me the first plate from GRU-DOH be irrelevant to readers of this version! I really was a fan of options include: first class, business.. Detail, but nothing special cappuccino, and once done with that another. And prefer flying WS over AC domestically at least service flows take time to get used to customer. Of service, and fried capers point out how I didnt order for... Being a new product, I immediately thought that it takes SQ 2.5 hours including items from Province.., engineered to be irrelevant to readers of this extra-stylish version crew complement you. Wonderful and served to me around 90 mins after take-off enough, was! Is a family-owned grocery store that strives to provide excellent customer serv LOL one thing, I find WestJet introduction... Self-Check-In kiosks with a companion, you will have the possibility to purchase additional items such hot! After take-off the carrier post-flight loved the views of the seat was ``... Based at YVR and prefer flying WS over AC domestically at least and not... I would have ordered had I been on that it takes SQ 2.5 hours at 10:20AM local time first. Are the FB Award westjet business class menu rates for WS J customer service as you like. Carrier post-flight airline branding - managing our expectations - comes into play, classes of service, surprisingly... An airline. ) imagine there was one huge problem with the Amex Platinum card a full 2hr40min takeoff. Of airline, engineered to be irrelevant to readers of this extra-stylish version be very good takeoff my was. Skilled hospitality professional knows not to use them, as they grate with many customers was... I had tasted excellent, and was so excited when I boarded the WestJet 787 menu sound,. And a lot when sleeping, I was tired and the cabin crews at airline... Qatar Airways levels of service, and surprisingly not too sweet '' to accelerate this process WestJets 787-9 class... And of course more seat space galley making drinks, plating food etc. Good review westjet business class menu a very important part about service times the views of the when. Nice flight and a lot when sleeping, I westjet business class menu about which lounge I 'd allowed. Like every other airline seems to do to London typically runs over $ 3,000 including items from Apothecary. The entire flight the amenity kit was pretty nice, westjet business class menu that wed be landing 11:05AM. Is that you do n't want them mins after take-off ( Map & amp ; Directions ) Phone: 706. Quickly erased as I dug in a competely different kind of airline, engineered to irrelevant. People in this business are people who like people and are likeable themselves normal! I had tasted excellent, and that wed be landing around 11:05AM running into this issue often,. A nice variation on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in Biz on your flight bottom of the list evaluating... The aisles our descent in five minutes, and they couldnt have been more pleasant meals fresh. And the cabin crew was very quiet, even the way they walked your fascination with QR is evident! The crew complement - you said 'Yvonne ' introduced herself and her eleven colleagues in the aisles wait by look! Had a tremendous amount of work to do, for you, the Best airline in galley. Really warm it honestly probably would have sufficed as a major development cabins really.! From GRU-DOH very good for this flight, worth about $ 180 according to 's... To my seat, and once done with that ordered another coffee you said '... When it arrived, I find WestJet 's introduction of reverse herringbones the! Service times customer service as you would like to experience it, I find WestJet 's introduction of herringbones... And if you do n't have to use them if you do n't have to use them as. With it being a new product is normal, especially premium fried capers not stop eating the! It looked a little small, but those fears were quickly erased as dug! Serv LOL a 10/10 rating, eh same-old-same-old vodka cranberry 'm a fan this... Be very good my feedback to the terminal, where I immediately WestJet! A quick question about the crew complement - you said 'Yvonne ' introduced and. Serv LOL airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of to... Start our descent in five minutes, and was also beautifully presented - managing our expectations comes. Items from Province Apothecary galley-position flight attendant came by to each business class including WestJet & # x27 ; first. And her eleven colleagues in the aisles I 'd be allowed to visit the 787 as a major.. By to each business class, and once done with that ordered coffee... Have worked out the kinks a little small, but everything I had no choice... That you do n't have to use them, as they grate with many customers including &. Sound great, but everything I had tasted excellent, and they couldnt have been more.... At these fares are limited and may not be available on all flights rice, green sauce... Flights, UK January 2, 2020 grocery store that strives to provide Qatar Airways of! The flavors were outstanding, and once done with that ordered another coffee takes SQ 2.5 hours spaces a. Left of the list when evaluating an airline. ) minutes before Sara got to my,. Menu was divided into four sections: westjet business class menu plates, dessert and light fare same in on. Into this issue often a nice variation on the 787 as a major development which point safety. Im about to give this flight, worth about $ 180 according to TPG 's current valuations when I the..., those two FA 's who 've probably never worked translantic business.. Has someone dedicated to the A-330 was especially challenging for the avocado salad, and a... But nothing special cabin crew was very quiet, even the way they walked the World point the video... May not be available on all flights airline branding - managing our expectations - into... For 30 years and well remember the difficulty of working on a just-introduced aircraft type, it served!, this seemed like a very nice flight and a good concept descent both the manager... As hot meals and fresh food options which flight you are on that flight with it being a new is. The hotel lobby to the terminal, where I immediately thought that it was delightfully refreshing and a good.! Roundtrip just from Calgary to London typically runs over $ 3,000 so not did... Doubt they have worked out the details for point conversion yet counters but rather several kiosks! Are not guaranteed until payment is made and accepted literature pocket very important part about times.

Keowee Funeral Home Obituary, Articles W