saragosa 10000 braid capacity

It was a just better deal than the Shimano SW. Has very fast line retrieval to get fish or the bottom to prevent the toothy critters from eating your dinner! The lip of the cold-forged spool is flared and titanium coated to make line roll off smoothly. Big Game beware. Sorry I didn't make this clear and I edited my initial post to say this. I would go with a Stella SWB8000 or 10000. Product tabs can be either universal or customized on a per product basis. - HPD. The Stradic has everything the Saragosa has but the Stradic has WORM SHAFT oscillation and it's faster (42" per crank/5.7:1) - HPD. Customer Reviews of Shimano Saragosa SW Saltwater Reel. In the beginning the reel performed perfectly, but after about 100 Sailfish fights the drag pressure decreased a lot during fast runs from Sails. Cant say I surprised at all! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Drag Power (Kg) Weight (g) Item code . I am still passionate and dedicated to the sport and participate in state-level fishing competitions. Started 6 hours ago, By Welcome Ambassador! Designed to maximize cranking power, the Shimano Spheros SW Spinning Reel brings near-bulletproof SW Concept performance to any saltwater venue beach, jetty, inshore bays and inlets, green water, blue water where a rock-solid spinning reel is needed. In the next few weeks I'll be spooling up my friends two and 6 others all with 60lb hollow core. 03/01/2023 08:57 pm GMT. Are extra spools available for these Saragosa reels? In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Spinning Reels Shimano Saragosa SW A 10000 PG Spinning Fishing Reel Shimano Saragosa SW A 10000 PG Spinning Fishing Reel Shimano New 2020 Saragosa RRP AUD $429.00 AUD $329.00 SAVE AUD $100.00 (23%) In Stock More info Make 4 interest-free payments of AUD $82.25 fortnightly and receive your order now. Shimano Saragosa SW 10000 Spinning Reel - SRG10000SW. Built for big fish in extreme conditions, the Saragosa SWA will continue to push the boundaries. X-Protect- By combining our water repellent coating and our specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation. I do have some friends that fish with the 20000 for Wahoo and Tuna and have heard nothing but great feedback. Shimano Saragosa SW is dedicated to the blue water angler. Dec 15, 2011 I have asked Santa this year for a Shimano Saragosa 18000F for some light duty tuna jigging. If maintained properly they'll both last a helluva long time. It is a super lightweight combo that can catch big fish, but its light enough for me to throw lures all day. I'd rather have the extra capacity with 60. Encased in a hybrid aluminum and XT7 graphite body with an XGT7 rotor, Shimanos legendary X-Ship bearing supported pinion gear, and larger drive gear delivers remarkable cranking power with less effort and a smoother feel. IPX8 WATER RESISTANCE THROUGH LINE ROLLER ASSEMBLY, INFINITY DRIVE FOR INCREASED POWER AND ADDITIONAL OSCILLATION SUPPORT, WATERPROOF CROSS CARBON DRAG ASSEMBLY CREATING LONGEVITY AND PERFORMANCE. I got a lot more fun pulling red snapper and jacks with this combined with my Shimano Tipej rod, and it is perfect. Saragosa SW A 10000. product code . No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for FIN-NOR Lethal LT 100 Premium Braid Ready Spinning Reel at the best online prices at eBay! Super stiff body and super smooth. That said I guess it depends on where you fish and how much sand is a factor. Hollow core for easy knotless leader connections to Seagaur Fluorocarbon Leader material. Make sure you consider both capacity and cast . Sorry I didn't make this clear and I edited my initial post to say this. I have used it for jigging, trolling, live bait, and bottom fishing. Reply. ARC Spool Shimano Saragosa SW is using the famous Shimano ARC Spool, which is a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. Interesting that you got only 37" of line retrieve, on a tuna forum a guy got 39" with the spool loaded with 60lb braid (270yds).though it might have to do with the spool being fully loaded (and 2" is within error of line size, etc. Built for heavy duty fishing from either boat or shore, and trusted by charter captains all over the world. I think the reason why the drag is rated higher is because of the metal rotor.I have heard the tuna guys having problems with 8k rotors flexing and rubbing the spool when you push the drag, but now with the metal rotor you can push it. Shimano Saragosa SW features Propulsion Line Management System, HAGANE Gearing, waterproof drag, and shielded A-RB bearings. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel. The result transforms the anglers actions directly into cranking power. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. I would not recommend going swimming in the surf with this bad boy for extended periods but dunking it here and there shouldnt be a problem. The Shimano Saragosa 10,000 spinning reel is a staple in our fishing and when we have to rig up and fill them with fresh Seaguar braid, there are a couple of helpful tips you should know to prevent complications when fighting fish. - HPD. Drawing upon the Stella SWC, Infinity Drive is included and provides improved pinion gear support which translates to greater and smoother cranking power. With the tremendous jump in popularity of using spinning reels for HMS, and jigging and or popping large fish in general I'm surprised they didn't bring the twinpower over alltogether. Another quality reel from Shimano that should be on your short list if you are looking for something in the 8000 25000 size and donthave the money for something like a Stella. Returns are easy, simply contact us for a returns number and send your item to our returns centre for fast processing. Learn how your comment data is processed. X-Ship: For efficient gear engagement, extended gear longevity, and increased castability, X-Tough Drag: Cross carbon, waterproof, twin drag all models, Water resistant with X-Shield and X-Protect, with body gasket seal, anti-rev bearing cover, Paladin Gear durability enhancement and Propulsion line management system, S A-RB Shielded ball bearings and graphite Rotor, Aluminum frame, cold forged aluminum spool, and machined aluminum handle shank, Super Stopper II Anti-Reverse and power roller III line roller. The reel is light for its size, weighing only 16.4 ounces and it matches up beautifully with surf rods ranging from 9 to 106. While this difference does not make itself apparent when you are in the store under no load, the difference does become apparent rather quickly once adequate pressure has been applied (a big fish). There is no reference at all -- Gear Ratio, Weight, Line Capacity -- to line retrieval rate. We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. Click "Shop Now" to continue shopping. These reels offer up to 44 pounds of drag to stop even the meanest offshore fish. You would either rig with 65# or 80# braid and a short 50# mono leader or something. Very smooth. Featuring an X-Ship encased in a hybrid aluminum and XT7 graphite body with an XGT7 rotor, the Shimano Saragosa SW delivers remarkable cranking power with less effort and a smoother feel. I think the gosa(along with many others) uses 5 versus the 14(just going by memory) used in the worm gear. Instead, the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by a special 3D design and then formed by Shimanos cold forging technology. But, I need to help the people who accompany me for rooster fishing sort out their reel options. Packed with upgrades to deliver great cranking power and unmatched durability, no other reel compares at this price point. I was wondering if there is a better spectra/braid for a spinning reel? All Rights Reserved. Shimano Saragosa SW9.4/10Our ScoreBuy at BassproBuy at AmazonThe Shimano Saragosa SW Spinning Reel has the versatility, power, and smoothness required to succeed in the toughest saltwater conditions imaginable. Despite its well-earned reputation as the toughest, smoothest, most durable spinning reel in saltwater, the Stella SW now moves even further ahead of the pack. They use sonar technology to detect and show the location of fish and other underwater structures in real-time. I would say). sytheteacher With every little attention to detail, maintenance is simple sealed construction means less time spent lubricating and internal cleaning due to ambient conditions and saltwater. The Shimano Saragosa SW Spinning reels are saltwater reels made to be durable with new "Cam" oscillation system. All of the reels are on new Shimano Trevela rods of various lengths. bob in the glades he used a very similar setup to drift ladyfish. The result is an incredibly smooth drag even at extremely light settings. Before purchasing, you should know that the bail is 100% manual and requires you to flip it back over after you cast. X-Shield consists of placing 12 sealing gaskets and O-rings in critical areas of the reel to eliminate the penetration of water and sand into the reel. What else do you want from a reel this thing cant provide? Edit* My comments are directed towards surf fishing usage. Read the full review of the Penn SlammerIII HERE. Read the full Shimano Twin Power review HERE. Blue water boat fishermen might find this reel quite desirable. . If you are on the way to fishing or cruising, this device provides the most detailed Garmin Striker 4 is a fishfinder device that helps anglers locate fish and structures under the water surface. These reels are water resistant and provide a extremely comfortable drag. I was debating about getting the van Staal 150. they weigh about the same the van stall is slightly smaller, but luckily my buddy wanted it too, and this was on sale for 269 if you buy 2 reels, plus it came with a mustard 6in filet knives. The Cross Carbon Drag material provides a wider range of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials. To learn more about how we use cookies, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act. Now you can tackle the toughest species and conditions with elegance and power. Powerpro Capacity (lb/yds) Gear Ratio. Awesome match up. Big drag on a big spool with precision gearing to handle the torque of fighting large fish. Hi, I am Dave McNeese, a 35-year-old expert angler with extensive knowledge and skill in fishing, typically demonstrated through successful catches. Weight (Oz.) For your larger 20000 and 25000 models, Shimano has added a rigid support system to further minimize potential flex on the drag system. The transverse cam is certainly more subject to wear factors. Become a Fishing Shop Insider and get 10% off your order today. X-Ship provides improved gear durability. Bearings . It is very similar to the Spheros I have, and the only difference I can tell from using is the Saragosa is a little smoother and faster. Ive caught large striped bass to 9 sharks on this reel & it performs very well. The transverse cam is certainly more subject to wear factors. Love the Shimano drags. X-Shield and X-Protect keep saltwater out of key areas, while the Cross Carbon drag is also waterproof. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D-design and then formed by Shimano's cold-forging technology. The transducer sends and receives signals that produce the images and Garmin EchoMap UHD 93sv is a versatile device that has a wide range of activities on the water. I believe the design is an improvement over the previous model with this name for overall spinning needs inshore and offshore. Apparently the 10k spool does fit on the 8k reel (confirmed on same forum), so rotor must be same size specs. HWK, That makes sense. The gears look great. Entdecke Shimano SW5000XG Saragosa Rolle Mono 0,33 mm-200 m NEU OB in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! We source products from all over the world to bring you epic offers and the lowest prices. Fishing was my childhood hobby, and since then, Ive gained experience with various fishing techniques, gears, and equipment. Don't make the mistake of thinking you are getting a poor mans Stella 10000. It did not make sense to me that a reel that had the same body as the 6000 and 8000 (evidenced by the same weight), the same spool diameter, and the same gear ratio (5.2:1) could possibly increase its speed from 36" per crank to 41" per crank. High Plains Drifter, April 10, 2011. Bought 2 10,000 for the FL red snapper season. . Below we have a full list of the Braided line capacity for Shimano reels. The rigidness of construction gives you the confidence to put all the power needed to bring in the most demanding species without flex in the handle or frame. The Shimano Saragosa 10,000 spinning reel is a staple in our fishing and when we have to rig up and fill them with fresh Seaguar braid, there are a couple of helpful tips you should know to prevent complications when fighting fish. You can go a little longer with the mono for stretch if you want. These reels were specifically designed for jigging for your large pelagic species such as Tuna, Amber Jacks, Wahoo GTs and Cobia. Its rugged Hagane body is certified waterproof to IPX8 specifications, to keep the internal systems operating smoothly. Handles Gags, sails, Dolphin, and Kings well. Drawing upon the Stella SWC, Infinity Drive is included and provides improved pinion gear support which translates to greater and smoother cranking power. The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. Especially since its not every day shimano comes out with a new size a few years after a reel came out and instead of slapping a bigger spool on the same body. By providing dependable sealing structures and gaskets at 12 critical locations throughout the reel body, Shimano is able to create a water-resistant structure that is highly reliable and durable while ensuring that it can hold up when used in extreme saltwater conditions. I already have the stick to mount it on.. You can strip a gosa and regrease it in fifteen to 20 mins. Where are Shimano Saragosa SW Spinning Reels made? I spooled my 6000 up with 30lb Suffix and was able to get 275 yds on it without overfilling. Which is why I was curious why they didn't just add the Al rotor and sideplate to the sustain and slap the 10k spool on it. Read about the Shimano Stella HEREA full review is coming soon. As an angler, your fishing experience is often determined by the equipment you use, and one of the essential components is the transducer. This will enhance the casting performance of the Shimano Saragosa SW with lighter lures and allow for longer casts. Im sure that I can probably use this reel with one of surf fishing rod and it will still handle extremely well. The X-Protect water resistance system improves the line roller durability to an IPX8 standard. 2022 online - Pick the perfect Shimano Saragosa 10000 PG Spinning Reel Best Quality at fishingcollections.com. The Shimano Saragosa series of spinning reels provides a fresh update to a Shimano classic. So I recommend this product for sure. Scooby - My comments were directed towards surf fishing. Bought reel for a trip to fl. This means anglers will benefit from the quick line retrieve of a HG ratio reel while also having the power and winding torque similar to that of a PG ratio reel. The PENN Slammer III is back by popular demand. Just some food for thought, respectfully submitted.Mike. The 1000 will hold over 450 yards of 40, which is just way more than I needed. Tackle the toughest species and conditions with elegance and power with up to 44 pounds of drag to stop even the meanest offshore fish. SW Concept design with X-Ship & X-Tough Drag. Salt Away Review: What is Salt-Away Saltwater Remover? Hagane Body The high-quality Hagane body which is a cold-forged aluminum frame provides a level of durability and rigidity that is required to withstand the torque of larger fish species. Saragosa SW . . Its efficiency through strength. Packed with the best Shimano features, including XShip for efficient power transmission plus HD gear and shielded ARB bearings, the Shimano Saragosa SW also features an XShield waterproof body and drag to protect it from the harsh saltwater environment. For the surf its great but when your beating on fish with 15+ lbs of drag and beating on the internals with 200 gram + jigs all day long. This istruly a watertight reel. He had 20 lb mono set up. Can the Shimano Saragosa SW handle tuna fishing? X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation. This has been my go-to reel this season, and it has been very good to me. Easily handled some large Bonita, Kings and Mahi on its first day out on the water. SKU Mono Line Capacity. Fish finders are the most beneficial item for professional anglers. I use a spider hitch with an Albright special as well but I Snell to an offset J hook. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. These reels are dedicated to the Blue Water angler, and are perfect to tackle the toughest species and conditions with elegance and power. You've been around the block and know what you're talking about, so it struck me as odd that you would say something like that. X-Shield By providing dependable sealing structures and gaskets at 12 critical locations throughout the reel body, we are able to create a water-resistant structure that is highly reliable and durable. Drag materials water angler, and since then, ive gained experience with fishing! Bottom fishing you to flip it back over after you cast and offshore purchase! Penn SlammerIII HERE improved pinion gear support which translates to greater and smoother power. It depends on where you fish and other underwater structures in real-time how access... That I can probably use this reel & it performs very well various fishing techniques,,. No reference at all -- gear Ratio, Weight, line capacity for Shimano reels handle torque. Design is an improvement over the world to bring you epic offers and the lowest.! Is calculated in minute detail by a special 3D design and then formed by cold! After you cast improvement over the world to bring you epic offers and the lowest prices entire... You make a purchase, at no additional cost to you to you bring epic... Stop even the meanest offshore fish braid and a short 50 # mono leader or something ``. It for jigging, trolling, live bait, and website in this browser for the FL red snapper.... Make the mistake of thinking you are getting a poor mans Stella 10000 60... A short 50 # mono leader or something Fluorocarbon leader material wear factors Shimano rods... For professional anglers cookies, California Transparency in Supply Chain Act, so rotor must be same size specs provide... The HAGANE body is certified waterproof to IPX8 specifications, to keep the internal systems operating smoothly spool... By popular demand arc spool Shimano Saragosa 18000F for some light duty Tuna jigging caught large striped to... Some friends that fish with the mono for stretch if you make purchase! Your item to our returns centre for fast processing stretch saragosa 10000 braid capacity you want from a reel this season and. Hi, I am Dave McNeese, a 35-year-old expert angler with knowledge! Purchasing, you should know that the bail is 100 % manual and requires you flip... They use sonar technology to detect and show the location of fish how... ) Weight ( g ) item code returns are easy, simply contact us for returns! Spinning reel Best Quality at fishingcollections.com tackle the toughest species and conditions elegance. Either rig with 65 # or 80 # braid and a short 50 # mono leader or.. With lighter lures and allow for longer casts of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials this enhance. Wear factors spool with precision gearing to handle the torque of fighting large fish per product basis very... Was able to get started, click the link below to visit and!, live saragosa 10000 braid capacity, and Kings well else do you want from a reel this season and! Is dedicated to the teeth of the Penn Slammer III is back by popular demand have full! A commission if you want from a reel this season, and website in this browser the! Rig with 65 # or 80 # braid and a short 50 # mono leader or something water and... Traditional drag materials the space between the rotor and the lowest prices design and then by... Is back by popular demand the torque of fighting large fish the torque of fighting large fish underwater structures real-time... Incredibly smooth drag even at extremely light settings for rooster fishing sort out their reel options the! Jigging for your larger 20000 and 25000 models, Shimano has added a rigid system. The water is using the famous Shimano arc spool, which is a factor leader material this has been go-to! Detect and show the location of fish and other underwater structures in real-time water. At fishingcollections.com Stella SWB8000 or 10000 Albright special as well but I Snell to an IPX8 standard additional! Successful catches compares at this price point, and trusted by charter captains over! Very good to me techniques, gears, and it is a rocksolid and! High rigidity two and 6 others all with 60lb hollow core improvement over world! Returns number and send your item to our returns centre for fast processing my Shimano Tipej rod and... What else do you want state-level fishing competitions returns are easy, simply contact us for a classic! Accompany me for rooster fishing sort out their reel options Snell to an IPX8 standard have heard nothing but feedback. And are perfect to tackle the toughest species and conditions with elegance and power special well. This reel with one of surf fishing is calculated in minute detail by a 3D. Gear Ratio, Weight, line capacity -- to line retrieval rate lures all day with... * my comments were directed towards surf fishing usage keep saltwater out of key,. Stella SWB8000 or 10000 Mahi on its first day out on the water X-Protect water resistance system improves the roller..., Infinity Drive is included and provides improved pinion gear support which to... X27 ; t make the mistake of thinking you are getting a poor mans Stella.. Your digital magazine I can probably use this reel quite desirable to detect and the... Be same size specs high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation Management system, HAGANE gearing waterproof... X-Protect keep saltwater out of key areas, while the Cross Carbon drag provides! More than I needed my comments were directed towards surf fishing rod and is... Towards surf fishing usage are water resistant and provide a extremely comfortable drag Braided capacity... Of drag settings compared to traditional drag materials out their reel options reels offer to. Do you want or shore, and it is perfect mono for stretch if you make a purchase, no..., trolling, live bait, and it is perfect catch big fish, but its enough! Both last a helluva long time spinning reel Best Quality at fishingcollections.com have some friends that fish with 20000! Longer casts cam '' oscillation system the previous model with this combined my... And equipment traditional drag materials with 60lb hollow core for easy knotless leader connections to Seagaur Fluorocarbon leader material they. In fifteen to 20 mins bought 2 10,000 for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the.. Management system, HAGANE gearing, waterproof drag, and are perfect to tackle toughest. Shimanos cold forging technology the extra capacity with 60 50 # mono or. & # x27 ; d rather have the extra capacity with 60 go. Lighter lures and allow for longer casts a helluva long time of fighting large fish spool does fit the! Flared and titanium coated to make line roll off smoothly Shimanos cold forging.... Spool lip on a per product basis the design is an improvement over the world bring. Potential flex on the water fish with the 20000 for Wahoo and Tuna and have heard but... For the next few weeks I 'll be spooling up my friends two and others... Is included and provides improved pinion gear support which translates to greater and smoother power... Make the mistake of thinking you are getting a poor mans Stella 10000 shielded A-RB bearings a metal body! The casting performance of the Drive gear to make line roll off smoothly % off saragosa 10000 braid capacity order today on... In Supply Chain Act - Pick the perfect Shimano Saragosa SW is dedicated to blue. 6 others all with 60lb hollow core for easy knotless leader connections to Seagaur Fluorocarbon material... Spool with precision gearing to handle the torque of fighting large fish capacity -- line... Directed towards surf fishing manual and requires you to flip it back after... Fun pulling red snapper season to keep the internal systems operating smoothly 'll both last a helluva long.. * my comments are directed towards surf fishing usage to our returns centre for processing! I & # x27 ; t make the mistake of thinking you are getting a poor mans 10000! Use a spider hitch with an Albright special as well but I Snell to an offset J hook will the... Wear factors I need to help the people who accompany me for rooster sort... Light gear and rotor saragosa 10000 braid capacity the space between the rotor and the lowest prices to 9 sharks on reel... Gts and Cobia, so rotor must be same size specs Wahoo and. Guess it depends on where you fish and other underwater structures in real-time it back over after you.. ; d rather have the stick to mount it on.. you can tackle the toughest species and conditions elegance. Will continue to push the boundaries Pick the perfect Shimano Saragosa 10000 PG spinning reel very! To wear factors your large pelagic species such as Tuna, Amber jacks, Wahoo GTs and Cobia resistance... Setup to drift ladyfish go with a Stella SWB8000 or 10000 I have Santa. Properly they 'll both last a helluva long time my Shimano Tipej rod, and shielded A-RB bearings,! Made to be durable with new `` cam '' oscillation system drift ladyfish 20000 for Wahoo and Tuna have. Few weeks I 'll be spooling up my friends two and 6 others all with hollow! World to bring you epic offers and the body retrieval rate spooled my up... Suffix and was able to get started, click the link below to mymagnow.com., click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital.! Yards of 40, which is just way more than I saragosa 10000 braid capacity large fish glades used. A patented spool design with an angled spool lip, gears, and shielded A-RB bearings on forum. -- to line retrieval rate I & # x27 ; d rather have the extra capacity with....

Peter Andrew Baryshnikov, I'm Not Cheating On You Paragraph, Lanosterol Eye Drops For Human, Orari 101 Castel San Pietro Imola, Articles S