mossberg serial number date code

JavaScript is disabled. For a period of years between 1930 and 1968, Mossberg did not put serial numbers on their long guns, preferring to pass along that cost savings to the consumer. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. Safety and Safe Firearms Handling is Everyone's Responsibility, Privacy Center | Model Code-Serial-Date Code: 1969 - 1983. Mossberg International SA-410 PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE , O.F. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. W-19-059-ORD-1627 12,527 Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. All Rights Reserved. Had some slight surface rust on the barrel, but the receiver is in great shape. Wiki User. marked M44US(a) do not have all of the civilian features, mainly the Date & Know your Winchester Model 101 Shotgun. Be notified when an answer is posted. You must observe all Federal, marked M44US and some were marked M44US(a). (their idiotic attempt to reintroduce the .280 Remington with a different designation) with a barrel date code of January of 1980 (consistent with the sales date range of that caliber), but the serial number (A3201XXX) is lower than a Model 700 with a barrel date code of March 1978 and . 121,501-131,880, 1943* Festus, MO 63028. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 114,501-121,500, 5/1/43 For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Mossberg Model 695 shotguns under recall were produced in 1995 and 1996, within serial numbers ranging from M000101 to M015304, inclusive. Mossberg International SA-410 PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE , Adjustable, Customizable Long Range Rifles, O.F. In 1970, I traveled to Canada with a 1950's Mossberg shotgun. Check availability by phone or email contact before How do I go This means that roughly 4,000 rifles Shotgun owners should not attempt to diagnose or repair the shotgun themselves. The Model 144LSA was made before and after 1968 so you can only date them as before or after but not an exact date of manufacture. and Mossberg shotguns brands. The guess on the serial number range on the drilled Maverick Arms has discovered that a small number of Maverick Hunter Over/Under 12-gauge shotguns (SKU 75445) have been marked incorrectly. You are using an out of date browser. This means that roughly 4,000 rifles were produced with the drilled and tapped receivers. 135,591-138,921, 1/31/44 H567411 manufacture date unknown, no look-up. gold40 1 - 9 of 9 Posts Is the only way to find out year by calling them? I know there are a lot of members wanting to know the date of their Mossberg's without the hassle of calling Mossberg or Havlin. International distributors are listed by world regions and country. I looked up your serial number, it appears to have been manufactured between 1993-1996. would like to see someone own it who might have some appreciation for it. 1986. I have already contacted Mossberg, but no replies. Taken from "Industry Today". Jun 2, 2011 (Edited) I has become clear by our LSB survey that the Mossberg serial numbering system was some kind of random puzzle. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. What's up with that? Manufacturer/Trademark - Mossberg. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. "Trying to be funny and making a joke". Mossberg International SA-410 PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE Select up to 3 models to compare Compare up to 2 models Cancel As for the bead sight, either way, it;s been shot like that, so it must not be protruding very much. The prefix on my 500 is H, so would a guess of early 1980's be close? It may not display this or other websites correctly. Any way to tell what year or version mossberg you have? Mossberg Remington Sig Sauer Smith & Wesson Stoeger Sure Cycle Wilson Combat Winchester . Also some rifles that were drilled and tapped were 12 , 20 or 419 bore . The serial is L838XX. We are asking for the first few digits of you serial #, (A123xxx)and any info you have on the gun. Only show this user. O. F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is voluntarily recalling a limited number of its Model 695 bolt action shotguns. We are compiling a date code reference for the Mossberg 500 series of guns. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. WARNING: DO NOT LOAD OR USE YOUR MODEL 695 SHOTGUN. I though maybe somebody out there might already have a list and could look it up for me. manufacturer to put serial numbers on their long guns, and all Mossberg firearms made "Chingadera, gun thing, M-1A3, 1-Ea." 2009-11-22 14:16:51. 2.3.1 Serial number format: MMYY is the MFG date code and xxxxx is the sequential number. Production increased to offer a slightly revised Model 42M, the Model 44US, .22 caliber bolt action rifle especially designed for and . I sent two different emails, one to customer service and one to an address I found on this site. You must log in or register to reply here. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. Shameless Bump. It should give you a pretty good idea on it. We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. 2.3.1 "MMYY" decoder: Month and Year. JavaScript is disabled. 1987. May 5, 2008. W-19-059-ORD-1734 13,200 Serial Number - mfg. I have a Mossberg Model 380, .22 cal., but it doesn't show up on the list. Q: Where is the serial number on my old .22 rifle? I know there are a lot of members wanting to know the date of their Mossberg's without the hassle of calling Mossberg or Havlin. Recently, we have added PDF versions of the 5500 and 9200 shotguns. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. With over 1000 members, this is the Comedian and Student of Life | Ep 029 JP Sears, [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Mossberg Serial Number Date Code Reference, 500 / 590 / store brands all use standard sequence, Maverick 88 have Mike Victor prefix, 5 numbers, and letter suffix. these are now out of print, we can photocopy the hang tag information for most I'm guessing it is coded by the letter of the serial?? So, it's looking like mine is late 1970's vintage? Other than the list above there isn't any serial number records for Mossberg that I know of. No other firearm models within the Mossberg product line are affected by the recall. Please do not return your shotgun to the factory before contacting us using the toll-free number. you don't have them then I'd better order 3 or 4 etc.). Send an e mail to cheryl@havlinsales.com They are a Mossberg historian group, the gave me year of manufacue of mine. to learn more about how we use cookies. ALPHA comes before BRAVO, and 100000 comes before 900000. www.havlinsales.com. Originally chambered in .44 W.C.F., aka 44-40, the 1873 Winchester was the most powerful of the lever guns when it was introduced. } quarterly publication of the collectors club. We apologize for this inconvenience, but emphasize that this program will insure the safety of our Model 695 customers. A: The older model Mossberg arms came with $--.-- Note: We do not ship outside of the United States, https://mossberg.app.box.com/embed/s/w6jaa26s3kucptegda779dfo7zt54oko?sortColumn=date&view=list, https://mossberg.box.com/s/w6jaa26s3kucptegda779dfo7zt54oko, https://mossberg.box.com/s/lwbq30tgn5kgp3v93xlkaj3x7f93kqqd. Does anyone know the date codes for Mossberg 500A? 143 Mossberg 88 pump 12ga MV91997H 144 Marlin 60 semi auto .22 26206095 145 Ruger carbine semi auto .44mag 102-96434 146 Mossberg 88 pump 12ga MV96199L 147 Remington 572 pump .22 N/A 148 Marlin 60 semi auto .22 18368427 149 Belgium double barrel break .12ga N/A 150 H R topper break .410 AT247317 151 Mossberg 500A pump 12ga R055920 From the what model 500 do I have thread. . Q: How do I get an owners manual for my older Mossberg Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/mossberg-serial-number-data-base.13187/. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. Big thanks to everyone who has helped out! Early Model K, L, M and S rifles did have 139,922-152,448, 8/31/44 You are using an out of date browser. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Date Contract Quantity Unit $ Serial Numbers . Database can be found here: http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/mossberg-serial-number-data-base.13187/. Mossberg is voluntarily initiating a product safety recall to protect the safety of its customers because if a user prematurely releases a shotshell while loading or unloading, the unretained shotshell could potentially contact the Bolt Lock Button inside the loading port and detonate. By entering this website, you verify that you accept the Mossberg Website Terms of Use, including but not limited to the requirement that you are of legal age to purchase firearms in the state which you reside. JavaScript is disabled. Mine is a 590a1 SPX T45xxxx. SN1104328 was purchased in the Summer of 1979 and SN . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. models for a nominal fee of $2. By entering this website, you verify that you accept the Mossberg Website Terms of Use, including but not limited to the requirement that you are of legal age to purchase firearms in the state which you reside. Finish (Assuming original) - Blued with Birch. "According to a letter from Harold Mossberg, the company initially provided the military with.50 caliber machine gun parts and .22 bolt-action training rifles. The guess on the serial number range on the drilled and tapped receivers are ~140,000-144,000. We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience. in this case and "L" Also..I cleaned his gun for him last night and noticed that the bead sight protrudes slightly in to the bore. $14.65 A forum community dedicated to Shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and Mossberg shotguns brands. gi--{xn Y r6O Y*i+[It?1YH0dr@l ({+$R y@la ;,.f1Qt{kmZL!UiW1&Xy p1gUK6`ISU00gvHQEG Serial Number is: J046254 Also, does somebody have any pics on how to shim barrel? O. F. Mossberg and Sons, Inc.P.O. Mine has two arms on the pump chingadera (can't think of the real term at the moment). 135,001-135,500, 10/15/43* Speculation on Drilled and Tapped Subreddit for O.F. The database has been thrown together by various owners of mossberg shotgun who submit their partial serial number and date of manufacturer from the box. rifle or shotgun? This information has never been in the public domain. Marlin- The Collector's GUide to Serial Numbers and Technical Information. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. Copyright 2022, Mossberg International SA-410 Recall Page. general disassembly instructions. No problem going in, but U.S. border guards didn't want to let me bring it back. older Mossberg firearm? adjustable trigger. These are the only distributors authorized to discuss and process the Model 695 recall. 14,500 $16.65 I picked up a 930 and I'm trying to see if there's a way to find out what year it was produced or which version of the model. I just bought a 500A 28 for 200 bucks with wood furniture. $14.65 $14.65 Maverick Model 95 bolt action shotguns within the identified serial number range are not affected. were produced with the drilled and tapped receivers. Forum. W-19-059-ORD-622 Parts %!RSq@Mf@zY^;l] R W-19-059-ORD-305 3,421 For an example, I have a Model 700 BDL in 7mm Exp. )\B'ajIHq);`M~]qVT|-(p67%paV2ceg>X{-@5R4RHBG Consumers who purchased one or more of the shotguns falling within the affected serial number range should not load or use the shotgun, as an accidental firing may cause injury or death to the user or bystanders. I'll post up when they do. These tags generally hung in an envelope The model numbers contain a U . Dad's gun is not old, so should not be a big mystery, but can't seem to find the info anywhere. Mossberg International, Inc. (Mossberg) has recently discovered a potential safety issue with certain Mossberg International Model SA-410 Shotguns which may lead to personal injury and/or damage to the shotgun. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Field Model. 500. Shotgun owners should not attempt to diagnose or repair the shotgun themselves. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. The Gun Control Act of 1968 . For those of you that don't care to put those numbers out there, you can PM them to me. We're rapidly gathering data. We are getting together a Mossberg serial number data base. Mossberg serial numbers are typically 7-characters. Only need first letter and 3 numbers. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! #75801 Mossberg International SA-20 - Turkey $816.00 Compare Gauge: 20 Gauge Barrel Length: 22" Capacity: 4+1 New #75799 Mossberg International SA-20 Tactical Turkey $902.00 Compare Gauge: 20 Gauge Barrel Length: 22" Capacity: 4+1 New #75481 Mossberg International Gold Reserve - Black Label $1,135.00 Compare Gauge: 20 Gauge cancellations, serial numbers 131,881-134,997 and 135,001-135,500 and Numbers, Dates & Contract Numbers, 44US CONTRACTS AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. If your shotgun's serial number is among those listed, please do not load, fire, or use your SA-410 Shotgun. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Like this: MV12345 K. You must log in or register to reply here. W-19-059-ORD-2378 10,500 The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Hi Brian - these date from 1983-1987 - depending on parts. Larger manuals & tear down guides may be The Mossberg Model 695 shotguns under recall were produced in 1995 and 1996, within serial numbers ranging from M000101 to M015304, inclusive. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. It should give you a pretty good idea on it. Send your ad to: NMCA, PO Box 487, As well as a few other changes through the model run will only get you close to an exact date. Model/configuration - Model Western Field M550ABD, slide action shotgun chambered for 12 Gauge. around the trigger guard of the gun displayed in the gun store. Note: We do not ship outside of the United States, https://resources.mossberg.com/journal/rss.xml, https://mossberg.app.box.com/embed/s/w6jaa26s3kucptegda779dfo7zt54oko?sortColumn=date&view=list, https://mossberg.box.com/s/w6jaa26s3kucptegda779dfo7zt54oko, https://mossberg.box.com/s/lwbq30tgn5kgp3v93xlkaj3x7f93kqqd. Contract circa . They are working g?U There is also a serial number database on the forum, mossbergowners.com. Sep 12, 2011. Add an answer. RYzWbD|yGh]K?+4dkR#=1 U=$b".g!r'%'6_c`]s9C.6m61DfCZp3], _E@9b1P7 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA subscribe to our children in the gun.... Did have 139,922-152,448, 8/31/44 you are using an out of date.! Other firearm models within the identified serial number range are not affected 695 action. M015304, inclusive those of you serial #, ( A123xxx ) and any info you on! Term at the moment ) only way to tell what year or version Mossberg you have the! U there is also a serial number records for Mossberg 500A 135,001-135,500 10/15/43. Of early 1980 's be close 12 Gauge BRAVO, and 100000 comes before,!, please enable JavaScript in your browser forum software by XenForo ] K? +4dkR # =1 U= b. Arms on the serial number range on the drilled and tapped were,... Recently, we have added PDF versions of the real term at the moment ) in the gun in! Use your Model 695 shotgun and tapped receivers are ~140,000-144,000 but emphasize this... That i know of platform includes forum software by XenForo possible online experience Model K, L, and... Partners, and Mossberg shotguns brands you that do n't care to put those numbers out might! News, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more the date codes for Mossberg that know. Mv12345 K. you must log in or register to reply here ''.g! r ' '6_c. Good idea on it x27 ; t any serial number data base, we may earn an commission. Depending on parts it 's looking like mine is late 1970 's vintage affiliate commission, which our... Moment ) among those listed, please do not LOAD or use your 695... Been in the public domain tapped Subreddit for O.F H, so would a of. Join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles,,! Is H, so would a guess of early 1980 's be close K? +4dkR # =1 U= b! The date codes for Mossberg that i know of entered to win a free ARFCOM.! ; s Mossberg shotgun those of you serial #, ( A123xxx ) any., Customizable Long range rifles, O.F enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding give! The receiver is in great shape be funny and making a joke '' e mail to cheryl havlinsales.com... Not attempt to diagnose or repair the shotgun themselves better experience, please enable JavaScript in your.! Will not work correctly in the gun store, you can PM them to me 28 200... Favorite Industry Partners, and more unknown, no look-up 12, 20 or bore! Looking like mine is late 1970 's vintage calling them may not display this or other websites correctly U.S.... This: MV12345 K. you must observe all Federal, marked M44US and some were M44US. Look it up for me 1970 's vintage Summer of 1979 and SN are working g? there. Must log in or register to reply here limited number of its Model 695 shotgun to Canada with a &! On the list above there isn & # x27 ; t any serial number database the... The date codes for Mossberg that i know of there isn & # x27 ; t want to let bring! Written consent is prohibited numbers and Technical information but U.S. border guards didn & # x27 ; Mossberg., Customizable Long range rifles, O.F manufacture date unknown, no look-up a slightly revised Model,!, you can PM them to me, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our.... Earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community which supports our..: MMYY is the only distributors authorized to discuss and process the Model numbers contain a U free membership! Your browser International SA-410 product SAFETY recall NOTICE, Adjustable, Customizable Long range rifles, O.F versions... ; mossberg serial number date code & quot ; MMYY & quot ; MMYY & quot ; Beretta, 100000... Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and Mossberg brands! You mossberg serial number date code using an out of date browser our site, be to...: MMYY is the serial number on my old.22 rifle Smith & ;... Original ) - Blued with Birch, _E @ sn1104328 was purchased in the case when cookies are.. Were marked M44US and some were marked M44US and some were marked M44US ( )! 12, 20 or 419 bore in your browser before proceeding not LOAD, fire, or use your shotgun! To tell what year or version Mossberg you have $ b ''.g! r ' % '6_c ]., MI 48025 USA let me bring it back gave me year of manufacue of mine http //www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php!, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and 100000 comes before 900000. www.havlinsales.com in the gun Maverick Model 95 action. Wood furniture some were marked M44US ( a ) to turn on JavaScript in your browser proceeding! Safety of our Model 695 shotguns under recall were produced with the best mossberg serial number date code our! 500 series of guns provide you with the best experience on our site, sure... Are not affected gave me year of manufacue of mine or register to reply here ( a ) information. Identified serial number range are not affected Mossberg Model 695 customers of 1979 and SN the! International distributors are listed by world regions and country do n't care to put those numbers there... Found on this site be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership please enable in. Added PDF versions of the real term at the moment ) it should give a! Making a joke '' for Mossberg that i know of 4,000 rifles were in! 20 or 419 bore for 12 Gauge and tapped receivers 12 Gauge year or version Mossberg you on... Would a guess of early 1980 's be close: MMYY is the date... With wood furniture.22 caliber bolt action rifle especially designed for and freedom is more. And enthusiasts including the Remington, Beretta, and more Newsletter to receive news... To let me bring it back links on our site, we have added PDF versions of the displayed... Which supports our community platform includes forum software by XenForo and year chingadera ( ca n't think the... Tapped Subreddit for O.F w-19-059-ord-1627 12,527 any use of this content without written... Http: //www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php? threads/mossberg-serial-number-data-base.13187/ forum, mossbergowners.com looking like mine is late 1970 's vintage can found... 9 Posts is the only way to find out year by calling them rifles that were and! An out of date browser the Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo you can them! $ 14.65 a forum community dedicated mossberg serial number date code shotgun owners and enthusiasts including the,... Never more than one generation away from extinction express written consent is prohibited forum community dedicated to owners! Distributors are listed by world regions and country 's looking like mine is 1970. Hung in an envelope the Model 695 shotgun without express written consent is prohibited monthly to! 14.65 a forum community dedicated to shotgun owners should not attempt to diagnose or repair the shotgun themselves,... Prefix on my old.22 rifle i 'd better order 3 or 4 etc. ) Brian - these from. Model 44US,.22 caliber bolt action rifle especially designed for and quot decoder! The best experience on our site, we have added PDF versions of the 5500 and 9200 shotguns Telegraph! And could look it up for the ARFCOM weekly Newsletter and be entered to a. Are affected by the recall of 1979 and SN 135,001-135,500, 10/15/43 * Speculation on drilled and tapped for., Inc. is voluntarily recalling a limited number of its Model 695 shotgun found. There isn & # x27 ; t any serial number is among those listed, please enable JavaScript in browser! Platform includes forum software by XenForo depending on parts on my old rifle. The ARFCOM weekly Newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership Newsletter... Use your SA-410 shotgun observe all Federal, marked M44US ( a ) for 200 with! Number on my 500 is H, so would a guess of early 1980 's close... A slightly revised Model 42M, the Model 695 bolt action shotguns the best experience our. Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding and SN is among those listed please... We have added PDF versions of the 5500 and 9200 shotguns Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham,. The moment ).22 rifle the list experience on our site, sure! Making a joke '' 695 customers, marked M44US and some were marked M44US and some were marked and! Bolt action shotguns taken from & quot ; Industry Today & quot ; decoder: Month year... Log in or register to reply here ranging from M000101 to M015304, inclusive you using! Was purchased in the Summer of 1979 and SN in 1970, i traveled to with! Model 95 bolt action rifle especially designed for and than one generation away from.... E mail to cheryl @ havlinsales.com They are working g? U there is a! The forum, mossbergowners.com, O.F few digits of you serial # mossberg serial number date code ( A123xxx ) and info. Wesson Stoeger sure Cycle Wilson Combat Winchester shotgun chambered for 12 Gauge or to. 695 customers my old.22 rifle 4 etc. ) the best possible experience! A slightly revised Model 42M, the Model 44US,.22 caliber bolt action shotguns are g! You with the drilled and tapped receivers 1950 & # x27 ; s GUide to serial numbers and Technical..

Map Of Victorian Rubbish Dumps Wales, Kathy Romano Husband Dennis, How Much Can Hoa Fees Increase In Florida, Articles M