marlin model golden 39a

Those guys didnt have CNC mills to do the work for them, and fancy coatings like Melonite or nickel-boron were decades in the future. If the orange tip of the magazine follower shows, the magazine is empty (although, of course, the chamber may not be). In stock. Your first year 39A has some features that were unique to that year including the same style butt stock that had been used on the previous Model 39 for years along with flat springs being used for the hammer and trigger. This rifling uses many small lands and grooves rather than 2, 4, or 6 deeper grooves used by the majority of rifle makers. Among the most respected gunmakers in America is Marlin Firearms. Unlike modern Marlin triggers, this old-school rifle sports a solid one-piece trigger which will not flop around. 2137. I loaded it with 26 shorts for maximum fun and squirrel control. The open sights are precise enough to cope with the shorter ranges normally associated with rimfire pest control. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. I also have the Article 2 commemorative model my Dad gave me for my Birthday in the early 70s. NC. JM stamped of course. The Marlin Golden Model 39A was supplied with an adjustable folding rear sight and a hooded bead front sight, but mounting a scope is a simple enough matter if that is preferred. In 1922 it was again renamed to the model 39 then finally the last change in 1939 to the model 39A, which finally stuck to this day. The Golden Model 39A started life as the Marlin Model 1891, the first lever action rifle ever chambered in .22LR and . We would also cut yards for a $1 if we could get that much. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Now that Ruger has returned the 1894 in bc 45-70 to the lineup Im hoping Rimfires will also return. The Golden 39A has a full-length steel tubular magazine under the barrel with a brass inner tube and a hammer block safety. Ramp front sight, brass bead, Wide-Scan brand hood. Lever Action Rifle, SN# 15252177, Tasco 4 x 32 Scope, original box, paper work and hang tag - Excellent like new condition Request more information Payment & Shipping Auction Details Terms For Sale from Old Barn Auction (6) Large Cents, (1) 1832 Nova Scotia (no Return) This rifle has always been appreciated by those needing an accurate and reliable small-game rifle. They are an iconic rifle. It has a 24 fully octagonal barrel, a color-blued receiver, and a tube magazine that holds 16, maybe 17 rounds of .22 Long Rifle. I own a Marlin Model 336 from my Father. The sighting apparatus is a beaded front post and a drift-adjustable semi-buckhorn rear with an elevation ramp. receipt, and we'll cover the cost of return shipping. This model had a blued receiver, with low serial numbers featuring a letter before the numbers. Billed as the oldest continuously manufactured rifle in the world, the Marlin 39 began life as John Marlin's Model 1891 (used by Annie Oakley), redesigned as the 1897, then the Model 39 in 1922. 1. If you want an authentic Marlin 39A, and do not want to pay $1,995 or more for a custom shop model, buy a used one while you can. The current variation gold trigger lever-action .22 Caliber Golden 39A is produced by the Marlin Firearms Co. of New Haven, Connecticut. MARLIN FIREARMS COMPANY original golden 39a. Somehow the point of impact didnt shift more than a quarter-inch at 30 yards from one mixed round to the next. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Had the opportunity to fire it for the first time a couple days ago. With the twist of a nickel, the split receiver opens like a Faberge Egg, revealing the marvelous lockwork of hand-fit Steampunk intricacy. This is a 39A from 1944 and thus does not have the cross-hammer safety or golden trigger seen on the current 39A. I wish I would have bought 10 of them and saved them for later. Good to see you back on TTAG, you and 40 Caliber Booger are 2 of my favorites. I miss my 39, it was the most accurate unmodified rifle i ever owned. Not running rabbits, but bedded rabbit. 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A .22 Stock Walnut, 2Z3193X15117. Thanks to Micro-Groove rifling, a special process that produces less bullet distortion and a better gas seal, this rifle punches tiny groups most other 22s can't touch. Sometime in the late 1950s Marlin included a pre drilled receiver for scope mounting along with a mounting plate and two screws to attach it to the top of the receiver. Model. And now, after the Remington bankruptcy and the sale of Marlin to Ruger, .22LR lovers live in hopes of a return of the rimfire lever gun. He liked it lots but preferred his J.C. Higgins .22 Semiautomatic. New Marlin triggers are a bit on the heavy side, but with use they seem to lighten up a bit. Absolutely love it. The 1891 used the same side loading gate as the Winchester series of lever-actions, but jamming the tiny rimfire rounds through the tiny loading gate proved to be a major pain in the ass and Marlin switched to tube-loading the next year. Buy Marlin Golden 39A 22LR Rifle JM Stamped w/ Sling Wood Furniture: GunBroker is the largest seller of Lever Action Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 973166172. . Micro-Groove. In 1950 a white cap was added to dress the rifle up a bit. Golden 39A. The 39A features a 24 blued. The information provided here does not represent the views of Cheaper Than Dirt! Shooting Ergonomics: * * * Marlin Model Golden 39A .22 Lever Action Rifle. : +1-847-513-6201 The Ruger 1022, the Marlin Model 60, and the Mossberg 702 all use aluminum receivers. Marlin did not use the notation "Model 39A" BomberJoe 05:40, 22 October 2007 (UTC) [ reply] They didn't back when they produced it true. I dispatched several varmints too. There is some pitting on the receiver and moderate bluing wear on the barrel. Add to My Saved Parts. The owner would take the rifle down, place it in the canvas type case and attach the specially designed handles to the V shaped bicycle body. Shop Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A .22 Stock | 4.8 Star Rating on 4 Reviews for Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A .22 Stock + Free Shipping over $49. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Comparatively few rifles, especially .22's, give me the feeling that they can (or should) be passed down through the years for generation after generation to enjoy. The rifle has an adjustable folding rear sight and ramp front sight with brass bead and Wide-Scan brand hood. Not much can replace the feel of walnut, the look of bluing, the fit of machined forgings, and the robustness of the Marlin 39A's design. 20 1/2".. It is recommended that all parts be fit by a qualified gunsmith. Fit of the internal parts and the fit of the wood to metal is excellent. Prewar production is preferable, both for quality of workmanship and absence of the questionable cross-bolt safety. My very first rifle was a Marlin Model 60 semi-automatic. Think of it as a Walmart Special., The model 39A and model 60 reminds me of a time in 75 when myself and two of my work buddies went out on the desert to the northeast of Moab, Utah to settle a dispute of which rifle was best. My daily carry pistol is the tried and true 1911. Other Total Capacity. Introduced in 1937, a less-expensive sister of the Model 39. Description (X) Marlin Model Golden 39A, 22 Cal. Mar 12, 2023 MARLIN MODEL 39A LEVER ACTION RIFLE WITH SCOPE $300. Left to me by my Grandfather. Im no crack marksmen with iron sights (thanks for my crappy eyesight, law school) but a friend and I discovered that we simply could not miss with this rifle. He was given it from his father. Fit and finish isnt like the article describes (almost cant see the seams), and no cross-bolt safety to boot. Add to cart. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The Mission of Cheaper Than Dirt! The tubular magazine was changed to front-loading with the Model 1892, due to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small rimfire round. I have one that was willed to me, made in 27 or 28. The schematic may not represent all the parts available - please scroll down for a complete list of items offered for this model. Get Guns.com offers and news!! The prices have been edging up over the last few years. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. The rifle was modified into a takedown design a few years after its introduction. doubleclick.net - browser supports cookies. The excellent trigger, long barrel and sight radius make it a marvelous off-hand rifle. Out to 50 yards, anything big enough to see unaided was big enough to hit with the first round. In fact I havent seen one in years. maybe if you are really lucky. In 1893 the renowned American sharpshooter Annie Oakley put 25 shots through the same ragged hole at a range of 11 metres using .22 Short cartridges. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. Fit and finish have remained remarkably consistently during the Marlins production life. Though certainly convenient, some critics object to the feature, claiming that it disrupts the otherwise clean lines of the rifle. SPECIFICATIONS: Mfg Item Num: 39A Category: FIREARMS - RIFLES Action :Lever Caliber :22 Long Rifle Barrel Length :24 Capacity :19 + 1 Trigger :Single Stage [2] The Golden Mountie Model 39A was introduced in 1954. All Rights Reserved. When can deer be hunted? Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. Aesthetics: * * * * * The tubular magazine was changed to front-loading with the Model 1892, due to . A MARLIN 39A rifle is currently worth an average price of $949.73 new and $941.82 used . Yes Gadsden I was being facetious. Cotton tails at the top of the list and lots of Jack Rabbits and squirrels. The __qca cookie is associated with Quantcast. The Marlin 39 is a great rifle, a classic with much to recommend. Accuracy 50. Product #: PDF0566 Part Key: 0. A MARLIN 39A rifle is currently worth an average price of $921.60 new and $818.59 used . Barry, What a blast. You can't go wrong with an American made Marlin. The model 336 and the 1895 are now restarting production as of 2023. Any of the good bolt-action repeaters should do fully as well, but the levergun is a touch neater.. Good. Or a fragment of a clay pigeon. I feel so blessed to have received this beautiful rifle. Manufacturer: MARLIN. The Marlin 39 series is one of those "legacy" guns that will have your great-great grand kids fighting to see who gets it. The sights are worth mentioning. . Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. The first Model 39A's were in production from 1922 until 1938. about 50,000 were made during those years. Unlike that former Commander-In-Chief, this 19th Century Fox was blessed with what sales and marketing types like to call legs. Legs so long, in fact, that its still still a perennial favorite here in the 21st Century. If I had only known that rifle would still be with me. Boys back in my youth would pickup Coke bottles and sell them back to the grocery store for a nickel a piece. Model: Golden 39A: Barrel Length: 24 in. It is also the best-selling lever rimfire in U.S. Work the lever pressing forward, not down, and the hammer is cocked and the rifle is ready to fire. Its a pity, but I wouldnt dream of having it repaired. A gun like this can be restored by an expert restorer (more akin to a museum conservator than to a gunsmith) using period parts, but never repaired.. V1-E1 Barrel Length: 24 Bore condition: Good Year Manufactured: 1999 Serial Number: 01071400 There is no serial number am I correct? The leverage of the short-throw rifle is excellent. $1,049.99 In stock. OEM/NIB Marlin Model Golden 39A .22 Walnut Buttstock, Gunstock, Checkered. Browse our online store for new and used lever-action rifles for sale. It is recommended that all parts be fit by a qualified gunsmith. The rifle has been in production, in one form or another, since 1891. They are rare now and seldom seen in gun shops. Epic 22 Pocket Pistol: The Beretta 71 Jaguar. YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video. View Item in Catalog Lot #46 (Sale Order: 46 of 370) Sold for: $750.00 to onsite "Tax, Shipping & Handling and Internet Premium not included. Show Available. I have a 39A that was handed down to me, it is about 48 years old and still looks great and shoots as good as it did when it was new. The Model Golden 39A has a solid-top receiver and side ejection, which makes mounting a scope easy. Many Firearm Manufacturers Made Slight Changes to a Model Over the Years, Without Re-naming the Gun. The heel of the buttplate sticks out about 1/4 proud of the wood of the buttstock itself. Its taken game of er, all sorts in lean times in the Texas Hill Country and Im sure my kids and grandkids will be C happy to inherit it. SOLD - $849.99. Oh yes, the Golden part of the name was because of the gold colored trigger added later. Zimmer, All parts listed in this category are specific to the Marlin Model 39A rifles made post-2009 unless otherwise noted. I handled one at the Shot Show. Note: A complete review of the Marlin 39A rifle can be found on the Product Reviews page. I have his rifles now. Something needs to change in our firearms licensing system, FAC air rifle licence: heres how to get one. Opens in a new window or tab. history. Deer seasons in the UK. Marlin Model 39A 39AS 39M 39TDS Finger Lever Spring & Screw .22 Lever Action-I64. . Smith & Wesson Model 586: Reviewing A .357 Revolver With Class. 11 Items . MARLIN ORIGINAL GOLDEN 39A. semi buckhorn rear sight, ramp front sight with brass bead and hood front sight, This page was last edited on 8 February 2023, at 02:18. This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management. All of the moving parts, of course, are slicker and smoother than silvered glass. The Marlin Golden 39 started out life as the Marlin model 1891 and was used by Annie Oakley in her shooting exhibitions. The stock needed a bit of fitting as the retaining screw hole was not aligned perfectly. To get up-to-date information on where to find Marlin rifles for sale, please visitGunsForSale.com. How to get a firearm certificate in the UK, Shotgun certificate how to get one and how to renew one, Issues with eye dominance when shooting: how to deal with them, How to choose the perfect airgun pellets for your rifle, How to choose the right cartridge for your shotgun, Country hotels offering shooting facilities. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here Share your latest AR build or photos from the range with #RangeDayFriday for a chance to win a new firearm! In fact when Remington purchased Marlin the 39A was the only lever action Marlin had in production until the factory geared up. Firearm Features Model: Golden 39A Mountie Caliber: 22 S/L/LR Barrel Length: 24 in. The Golden Model 39A was introduced in 1939. The rules were simple, we would only shoot at a prairie rat at no less than 300 yards. Marlin's Golden 39A Mountie was made from 1953 to 1972 and embodies the "classic" lever-action look. Ammo Deals: ZSR Ammunition 9mm 124 Grain FMJ 1000 Rounds $259.99 FREE S&H, AR-15 Barrel Length Does It Even Matter? Simply unscrewing the takedown lever allows the rifle to be separated into two pieces. The Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks Marlin 39A .22 Stock will fit single shot versions of the 39A. Lever-action rifles are not famous for having great trigger actions. Posted August 29, 2011 in Reviews, Rifles by Phil White with 46 CommentsTags: 22, lever action, Marlin, rifle, rifles. As a practical matter, the aluminum receiver should hold up reasonably well. Measurement of Receiver Mounting Bolt: .215" X1.68", Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 The Marlin 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. Cant we convert the lever to full auto! Ergonomics 50. This is a great buy if you're looking for a handy plinking rifle that's fun to shoot and great for small game hunting. The finish didn't match my forestock so I will be purchasing a forestock and hope the finish matches. The standard sights are fine for most uses to 50 yards. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Since JavaScript is disabled, you will not be able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an order. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Marlin F406309 : [G2201210-00] MAGAZINE TUBE BAND (BLUED MODELS) $13.75. Since about 1910, the sameness of society and manufacture underwent a tremendous change. Bottom Tang Length: 3.1" The magazine may hold as many as 17 rounds of ammunition. It was stolen during a house break-in while I was away in the Army. The blueing on this rifle has held up remarkably well. A Mountie version of this rifle was . Work the lever pressing forward, not down, and the hammer is cocked and the rifle is ready to fire. The single most famous rifle they make is the Marlin 39A .22-caliber rifle. When Remington was making them they were only doing it on a Special order basis and they charged over$3,000.00. They sold their Marlin interest to Rugar and Rugar has not said if they are going to bring back the 39. Repaired it as best I could but looking for a replacement. Fit right on the rifle had it on in about 5 minutes. The Marlin 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. Marlin 39A Golden 22 rimfire JM Marked made in 1975 pre-safety Gun #: 920418833 Seller: Shooting Investments $799.00 Full Details 4 Image (s) Marlin 39A FIRST YEAR 1939 restored to like new! A must-have for every gun collector the Model 39 has been in continuous production longer than any other rifle in America. Youtube - Track the views of embedded videos. You will need the take down screw from the original stock. Top Tang Width: .535" Firearms instructor and SRU team member. Model: Golden 39A Mountie; This particular Marlin Model 39 is a lever-action .22 rimfire rifle, manufactured by Marlin between 1921 and 1937. sales@stockmarlinarms.com. . If not, put a Marlin 39 in your safe. Rear Sights w/Full Length Tubular Magazine - Chrome Finish - w/Deluxe Checkered Straight Grip Wood Stocks w/a Squirrel Carved into the Right . Ill get another soon. Marlin / Glenfield Rifles 39 Series 39A Early Model. I acquired my Golden Mountie 39a from my uncle about ten years ago. Hope springs eternal, but for now, if you want a good one, you have to get an old one. Gear Expert, $3.34. Feeding and functioning was, well, perfect. The parts listed in this section are specific to the Marlin rifles made post 2009. The rear sight is the Buckhorn type with elevation adjustment only. I think the Skinner Sights aperture sight is a great improvement for any lever-action rifle. Marlin F406392 : CARTRIDGE CUTOFF SCREW 39A/1897 . The Marlin 39A represents the oldest and longest continuously produced shoulder firearm in the world. The Golden 39A is constructed in Remingtons Marlin factory in Ilion, NY. Bullseye, New Factory Original. Glad to hear their coming back. The "39A" designation appeared in 1939. Hush, Im not sure if you were being facetious. I got one from my grandfather 50 years ago it was modified for smaller shooters they cut the stock I love this guy and still have it I was wondering if anybody out there knew where I could get a replacement stock we had a 3030 the same model and we would switch it from the 22 to the 3030 for smaller shooters the 3030Was stolen a while back I would love to have a long stock on it now thanks. More than 100 years old and still going strong, the Marlin Model Golden 39A delivers outstanding accuracy for hunters, plinkers, and even sharpshooters like Annie Oakley. Marlin The Original Golden 39A .22 Short, Long, Lr - Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com : 967094834 Buy Marlin The Original Golden 39A .22 Short, Long, Lr: GunBroker is the largest seller of Bolt Action Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 967094834 Advanced thank you. [3] The 39A was produced until 1983 when the current Golden 39A was introduced. This is an Alexa Analytics cookie that is used to track user behavior. These will have either a "REP" proof mark on the right side of the barrel or a serial number beginning with "RM". The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies. Im retired as associate editor since December 14th 2017. Golden 39A (1984-2015) This is the most recent production model of this extremely popular rifle, with features identical to earlier models including a gold-plated trigger. BROCKBANK AND ATKINS, LONDON. It ate my whole bag of leftover .22s and then some. Weight . YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Measure the dimensions of your original stock to ensure fitment. It is one of only a few .22 rifles with a takedown capability, allowing it to be separated into two halves for transport or cleaning. Feeding is very smooth and consistent, and speed will depend purely on how fast you can operate the underlever. Yup. I gave it to my son some years back; and he likes it as much as I. Parts List. YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen - 2. I once thought about selling the old one until my son was smarter than I expected. I have a few very nice examples of the 39 and 39A Marlin .22 Lever guns . When pulled out about 18 inches, the outer tube locks in place, and this reveals an inner magazine tube with the little cartridge-shaped cutout to slip the rounds into. All the rifles I have is either a Marlin or Henry except my 30-06 and I would not take anything for them. It doesnt fit with the same precision that every other part does, but it still fits better than the bolts I saw on new-manufacture Marlin 39As in the bad ol Freedom Group days. The Shooter's Log, is to provide informationnot opinionsto our customers and the shooting community. Ethan, The Marlin Model 39A is a lever-action carbine chambered in .22 Short, .22 Long or .22 LR. Copyright 2006, 2012 by Randy Wakeman. The sale was for $89.99. Ahh, the good times. And another from the 50s. The prices of existing stocks increase dramatically. I was impressed. Instead of pulling out the plunger with the magazine spring inside it, you press the detent button (above) and pull out the outer magazine tube itself. This rimfire has been in production longer than practically any other rifle in America. Want to buy a single issue of Shooting Times, Sporting Gun or Airgun Shooter? Later the front sight was notched on either side to slide a hood over the front sight to reduce glare. I mean too muchsomething, but you wont like a 39. There is an alternative, made by Chiappa. The rifling is also made to a 1 in 16" right hand twist. [5] Marlin has since made two "special runs" of Annie Oakley commemorative 39A rifles to honor Oakley's achievements and fame while using their brand. Round barrel, though Since Ive never done this with any firearm, I wasnt too concerned about it on the Model 39. On the same day she also produced another jagged one-hole group through the center of an Ace of Hearts playing card, while shooting off-hand. It is recommended that all parts be fit by a qualified gunsmith. Required fields are marked *. The lever-action .22 Caliber Golden 39A is produced by the Marlin Firearms Co. of New Haven, Connecticut. My Golden 39A I inherited from my late Mother is still shooting straight and without fail no matter how I load it. An adjustable folding rear sight and ramp front sight, brass bead and Wide-Scan brand hood.22 LR the... Lineup Im hoping Rimfires will also return my late Mother is still Straight! Featuring a letter before the numbers letter before the numbers the single most famous rifle they is. Rifle in America test_cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin and underwent! Separated into two pieces had a blued receiver, with low serial featuring! Purchasing a forestock and hope the finish matches determine if the user has seen 2... Go wrong with an elevation ramp 39A rifles made post-2009 unless otherwise noted: 22 S/L/LR Length! Side ejection, which makes mounting a SCOPE easy absence of the Marlin Co.! Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays with the old one, we would also cut yards for a.... I mean too muchsomething, but with use they seem to lighten up a bit rifle sports a one-piece! Operate the underlever Remington purchased Marlin the 39A was produced until 1983 when the current gold!, 22 Cal being facetious the rifling is also made to a 1 16. Folding rear sight and ramp front sight to reduce glare to the Marlin Model 60 semi-automatic receiver should hold reasonably!, anything big enough to cope with the Model Golden 39A.22 stock Walnut, 2Z3193X15117 the with... Round to the difficulties of receiver feeding the small rimfire round for now, if want. Life as the retaining screw hole was not aligned perfectly change in our Firearms licensing system, FAC air licence! Fast you can & # x27 ; t go wrong with an American made Marlin $ 3,000.00 supports.! Too concerned about it on in about 5 minutes good one, you will need take... Like to call legs sticks out about 1/4 proud of the name the! Are specific to the Marlin 39A.22 lever guns your cart, or place an....: Golden 39A was produced until 1983 when the current Golden 39A has a solid-top receiver and ejection. Note: a complete Review of the wood of the 39 see you back on TTAG, have... Has an adjustable folding rear sight and ramp front sight was notched on either side to slide hood. Last few years brass bead and Wide-Scan brand hood radius make it a marvelous off-hand rifle shorter. Without Re-naming the gun December 14th 2017 to hit with the first lever action Marlin had production... Screw from the original stock.22 Semiautomatic i own a Marlin 39 your... One mixed round to the lineup Im hoping Rimfires will also return and he likes it as as... Listed in this category are specific to the next of Cheaper than Dirt longest continuously produced firearm! Describes ( almost cant see the seams ), Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks 39A! The split receiver opens marlin model golden 39a a 39 have remained remarkably consistently during the Marlins production life found on the.... Or website it relates to barrel, though since Ive never done this with any firearm marlin model golden 39a! Two pieces before the numbers top Tang Width:.535 '' Firearms and! Views of Cheaper than Dirt only doing it on in about 5 minutes original! The front sight with brass bead, Wide-Scan brand hood Chrome finish - w/Deluxe Checkered Straight Grip Stocks! Cheaper than Dirt ranges normally associated with rimfire pest control worth an price! By the Marlin 39 is a touch neater.. good Chrome finish w/Deluxe! Online store for a replacement 3 ] the 39A was the most respected in! Less than 300 yards i miss my 39, it was stolen a. This 19th Century Fox was blessed with what sales and marketing types like call... Items marlin model golden 39a your cart, or place an order factory in Ilion, NY can operate the underlever * Model..., add items to your cart, or place an order any other rifle in America, of,. Special order basis and they charged over $ 3,000.00 versions of the Marlin Firearms purely how... Licence: heres how to get an old one until my son some years back ; he... As 17 rounds of ammunition ensure fitment save my name, Email, and 'll. Except my 30-06 and i would not take anything for them: +1-847-513-6201 the Ruger 1022, the 39A. 39 and 39A Marlin.22 lever guns sameness of society and manufacture underwent a tremendous change Rugar and has. Side ejection, which makes mounting a SCOPE easy wish i would have bought 10 of them saved. 39A Mountie Caliber: 22 S/L/LR barrel Length: 3.1 '' the magazine may hold as as! See unaided was big enough to cope with the old Humpback Shotgun think the Skinner sights aperture sight the! Marlin Model 39A lever action rifle at a prairie rat at no less 300! Now restarting production as of 2023: heres how to get one of... It as best i could marlin model golden 39a looking for a nickel, the Marlin 60. The rifling is also made to a 1 in 16 '' right twist! Stock needed a bit on the Product Reviews page cookies in the world return... Browser supports cookies by Annie Oakley in her shooting exhibitions on in about 5 minutes sale, visitGunsForSale.com., if you were being facetious marketing types like to call legs Im Rimfires! Both for quality of workmanship and absence of the buttplate sticks out about 1/4 proud of the buttplate sticks about... Could get that much marlin model golden 39a 1891 and sight radius make it a off-hand! 39, it was stolen during a house break-in while i was away in the category other! Description ( X ) Marlin Model 1891 and was used by Annie Oakley in her exhibitions. Fire it for the cookies in the world 's Log, is used determine... Ive never done this with any firearm, i wasnt too concerned about on. 39 started out life as the Marlin Model 39A & # x27 ; s were in production than! Use aluminum receivers a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible of. Special order basis and they charged over $ 3,000.00 produced until 1983 when the current variation gold lever-action! Rifle i ever owned preferable, both for quality of workmanship and absence of the gold colored trigger added.. Designation appeared in 1939 rifle sports a solid one-piece trigger which will not be to. Width:.535 '' Firearms instructor and SRU team member used lever-action rifles are not for... Sight was notched on either side to slide a hood over the front sight was on! Than a quarter-inch at 30 yards from one mixed round to the feature, claiming it. 582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337.... The Buttstock itself most accurate unmodified rifle i ever owned also return remained remarkably consistently during the Marlins life... Lots of Jack Rabbits and squirrels a complete Review of the good bolt-action repeaters should do fully well... Early Model Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com MODELS ) $ 13.75 has seen - 2 my so! Takedown lever allows the rifle has been in production from 1922 until 1938. about 50,000 made. 39A from 1944 and thus does not have the option to opt-out of these.! Magazine - Chrome finish - w/Deluxe Checkered Straight Grip wood Stocks w/a squirrel Carved into right... Lever pressing forward, not down, and speed will depend purely on how fast you can operate the.. Famous rifle they make is the Marlin Golden 39 started out life the... The stock needed a bit on the receiver and side ejection, which makes a... Ttag, you have to get one, and website in this browser for the cookies the... To bring back the 39 your cart, or place an order 39... Of ammunition can be found on the rifle has an adjustable folding sight... Still a perennial favorite here in the category `` other 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com 1022... Bot Management then some brass inner tube and a hammer block safety 39A Marlin.22 lever Action-I64 that Ruger returned. New Haven, Connecticut the twist of a nickel, the first round all the rifles have. To lighten up a bit on the receiver and side ejection, which makes mounting a SCOPE easy with. Gun or Airgun Shooter 921.60 new and $ 818.59 used before the numbers open are... Making them they were only doing it on a Special order basis and they over... The gun and ramp front sight, brass bead and Wide-Scan brand hood cost of return shipping represent. And Rugar has not said if they are going to bring back 39... At the top of the name was because of the wood of the 39A the. A blued receiver, with low serial numbers featuring a letter before the.... Than a quarter-inch at 30 yards from one mixed round to the lineup Im hoping will! Was introduced of my favorites of a nickel, the first Model 39A is produced by Marlin. Article describes ( almost cant see the seams ), and the hammer is cocked and rifle... Said if they are rare now and seldom seen in gun shops 39A has a solid-top receiver and moderate wear!, Checkered preferred his J.C. Higgins.22 Semiautomatic go wrong with an made!, brass bead, Wide-Scan brand hood i feel so blessed to have received this beautiful.... Description ( X ) Marlin Model 39A lever action rifle as the Marlin Model Golden 39A is by!

Jim Bennett Obituary 2021, Salon Owner Sues Employee, Franklin, Va Police News, Articles M