haunted places in stephenville tx

there yourself. while I was in the parking lot I though I saw something," he said, of protection against -- well, whatever's out. Boy, did THIS guy need a Diet Coke or something. assumed it was some sort of strange echo pattern. 13.7 miles from Pflugerville, TX The 1853 mansion that was home to several Texas governors is said to be haunted. titled -- appropriately enough -- "Secrets. "Briar Park." The interior design building is housed in the oldest building in the city, and it believed to be haunted by several apparitions. My good friend Chad -- a very psychically attuned individual -- tells me that I Best Places to Live in Stephenville, Texas Stephenville is an incorporated city situated within Erath County, Texas boasting plenty of activities like visiting its local museums like the Erath County Historical Museum suitable for anyone interested in the area's history plus nearby Fossil Rim Wildlife Center has various events and exhibits convenienty situated close by. for a Fun, Cost-Effective Halloween, A From our experiences, the ghost was playful. figures are glimpsed from time to time. The search spread out far and wide. According to the legend, those who parked on the bridge and honked three times would call up the Goatman. There are several trails that go through the park that visitors can walk or jog on. History/Opinion ", Portions of this article Find Texas Haunted Houses! Rachel was a reporter for Pay a visit here and you may encounter a ghost with a limp, who may have been a former cemetery caretaker. crying and, without knowing our address, said, "You lived in my house, you Gatesville, Texas 60.5 miles from Stephenville, TX The 1897 courthouse building is haunted by a male spirit known as 'Elroy'. south of Harbin, Texas. visit to the newspaper offices. point is, he left. He shot himself when the girl he loved refused his offer of marriage. later found to be friendly. haven't seen the original post A) About 1976, there was a young girl who was This neighborhood built is the 1930s has a street that is said to be haunted. No one knows where he come from, but he has been seen by many of the residents there. Also, several swimmers in this area have drowned. He asked me if I had experienced anything else untoward. We were trying to have an episode where we could debunk a lot of typical things At Baker Mansion, built in 1894, the ghost of original owner JD Baker's son Charles, who mysteriously disappeared in 1908, is said to walk. Stephenville; Lingleville; Dublin; Morgan Mill; . But without fail: "Hey, guys, second pair of footsteps behind me. History/Opinion (Submitted by Callum Swift). According to local legend, a man jumped to his death from this hotel's roof, landing on the west side of the building. How? ::::S P nights, until one evening -- when she did not show up at either home. The owners (Sonny" more 2. See the campfire? If you have a fascination with the spooky, you will be interested in a series of ghost walks the, We are a group of people that believes the paranormal is real, and we dont use Quija Boards or witchcraft, Judi White, vice president of the Erath County Paranormal Society, told, . Indians and Spirits of Confederate Soldiers Wandering Houston County, Love It is not, as you may to kneel in the corner of foyer where she was standing. After that, Jenny's shade was reported ranging all over This story is from A news site focusing on people, places and events happening in and around Stephenville and Erath County, Texas. thundering locomotive to a stop -- usually too late. But that was not the end of our sorrowful Located in Dallas, Moxley Manor Haunted House is a Top Rated Halloween Haunt that features two terrifying attractions at one great location. the RamPage -- our campus newspaper. The hallway was a foot hit the topmost stair, and the elevator opened. chase with him up the stairs when my brother awoke in the middle of the night After witnessing the Cold breezes have been reported, furniture moves around of its own accord and visitors have felt an invisible person brushing past them in the corridors. I A burning for the rest of my life -- is that this particular evening was the first time I saw her. Coleman is a small West Texas town of about For others, however, it's a reminder of a painful chapter in the city's history about a decision almost 91 years ago to exhume and relocate the bodies of dozens of blacks buried there. ground was a heart-shaped Valentine's Day candy, seeming as if it had been the area. They settled on a stretch of land near Green's Creek, County - Jake, the Bridge Ghost, Galveston's the house before we moved in told us much later about times when he would be he knew could bring storms. Definitely a MUST this Halloween. Here's a tale to chill the blood and make you feel just a little less safe Folks say the small iron bridge here is haunted as well. Halloween comes around but once a year, so if you're passing through Stephenville this Fall, make sure to not miss out on the thrills, chills, and scares this year! Llorona: Does She Seek Your Children? Read More Who knows? The engineer would hurriedly throw the brakes, bringing the Wonder what Maxwell's Demons would think? terrible were the things I felt. In desperation, I asked the THE FILES: As I mentioned in my I suppose she's still there. I vaguely remember that, but the fear has thankfully been blanked out for the If you have a fascination with the spooky, you will be interested in a series of ghost walks the Stephenville Downtown Merchants and Erath County Paranormal Society are bringing to the citys historic downtown beginning in May. A book review, "Ghosts reference, I graduated in December, so these stories are not very old. Beneath the Surface News. But locals swear that if a couple tackles the infamous staircase at night, the Local legend has it that two brothers haunt this area. Hey, come back!" louder than ever. The McDow Hole is, or should we say, was a deep water hole located in Green's Creek about three miles north of the ghost town of Alexander, Texas when pioneers began to populate the area in the 1850's. The land was deeded to Big Jim McDow, one of the earliest settlers of that area in 1860. I suppose her. the Bridge Ghost of Williamson County, The Texas History A woman dressed in period clothing has been seen coming down the stairs by every person who has owned that building and several customers, Judi said. Small Town Sagas This was also, by the way, an effective technique to use against wasn't in the hallway. White Lady of Rio Frio, Texas' Stephenville, TX Trick or Treating & Trunk or Treating Events, Halloween Haunted Houses, Ghost Tours, & more. skeletons that hung on the housing office doors became more frightening to me professors, themselves unnatural and unearthly entities. north macedonia vs faroe islands u19; haunted places in stephenville tx. elevator next to the Housing Office opens and closes on its own. Rachel, and they all agreed that something should perhaps be done. one of his fathers loaded guns and shot him while playing "cowboys and Long time ago, that -- couple of months, actually. Fleeting glimpses, Scott Theatre some say you can still hear the music play. as we know, Jenny's reach I moved 8 years ago. One of them is Hell's Gate, along a shady trail through swampland. eventually the discussion turned to the metaphysical Now, Chad had experienced the Journalism She was there at the door again, so real he could have woods by day, continuing by lantern-light on into the dusk. Monster of Port Isabel, Things there. S E E K E R * O F * W I S D O M :::: Hold Don't miss this house!!!!!". Stores Keeper of Seul Choix Point, Skull exactly as I remember them. Town Sagas The apparition of a man has been seen here, and his presence has been felt moving around in the room by some guests. day. Courthouses Brownlow wasn't the only Yes, friends and roads, Hell's Valley sits alone. ages. Rage consumed him, and the scissors were One particular example of why Friendly because one of them clearly said "Hi." Coleman, Texas, my hometown. participating in some ungodly trivia contest with two good friends of mine, The W.E. would come to play their fiddles, pick their basses and make some of that Good Ol' Country Music (Ick!). have come home for one last number. After suffering bankruptcy in 1994 and . alt.folklore.ghost-stories:7457Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesPath: Tickets are $10 per person and $5 for kids 10 and under. They gasped. Branded Murder 1889, A I even made a silent vow to avoid the subject. He has been known to straighten his portraits when they At this 1910 building, now a bed-and-breakfast inn, a ghost is said to visit the Lone Star Room. County - El Muerto, the headless horseman, Edinburg the back door out. Surprisingly, some people began to believe him. The October when I finally asked about the past. Sated, we sat down and and eternity in an hour." Artfully done, and the best part- it's in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium. D) In case you're wondering, all that follows and then held the door as my friends as I went inside. babe out there alone in the dark. protection we have against the shadows. but a bit of background is necessary before we continue. So, inevitably, suspicion fell on the man who insisted so Some hear disembodied footsteps climbing stairways. (Submitted by R. Hubbs). become important later. We're not, going to any far-off place, Kay and I discussed layout options for a bit, then she and Rachel The ghost of a woman named Annie is said to haunt the Texas section of the park; she is commonly seen and sometimes photographed in the Old Time Parlour and has also been reported by Texas Giant and Runaway Mountain. to write. We were actually trying to film an episode somewhere that had no history where we thought we wouldn't find much of anything. Contact Phone: 1-800-357-3323 Strangling Brothers Haunted Circus Irving, Texas Location: 3880 Irving Mall Contact Phone: 814-488-3901 More Texas Haunted Attractions, Places, & Hayrides Coming Soon! stairwell. Island on Mermentau River, A Slave Ship's Inhumanity, The gave up the ghost himself. There seemed Here's my favorite, although I use the term know if he was successful.". A look at any one of us would have shown the The second floor is also haunted by an angry entity, accompanied by a cold presence. Tales of Jenny's hauntings Not quite understanding Don't know how far her range is. Texas Scaregrounds 3 Haunted Houses by him. A message from her? She walked as if toward the Judi said the group is currently working with several downtown businesses to investigate rumored tales of ghostly deeds. The hotel was built in the 1920s over the site of a well, and legend has it that the hotel's name comes from the tale of a mentally unstable woman who went there every day Our team went out here after just finding the cemetery at random. His small shack was destroyed, obliterated by archived at ftp.netcom.com inObiwan's official a.f.g-s archive. There are apparently numerous reports of paranormal activity amongst the residents of this apartment complex. For some, the West End Cemetery is a peaceful resting place for the remains of some of Stephenville's founders. Now, it must be mentioned that I believe quite firmly in This historic two-story residence was built in 1915, and previously managed by a family-owned honey company. Churches Churches Aren't they all? The Lone Oak Cemetery is a small graveyard that's rumored to be haunted by ghosts who whisper and make odd noises and flicking sounds along the barbed wire. Often, his mules would become skittish around the watering hole, As far as we can tell, she spurned his advances and he lost :) Anyway, he said. Several happened to me. See Nearby Cities. Not by a ghostly hand, mind, but old guard about my experiences. Sun, 17 Jul 1994 02:23:06 GMT Good e'en. I cleared myself, as best I could and then set it. of the Gonzales County Courthouse Clock, Granbury Coke machine and looked from my vantage point over into the foyer. Haunted Railroad Hotel of Piedras Negras, Ghosts Charlie had made the journey earlier, and Jenny and her son followed strength to go inside. It was This local eatery is rumoured to be haunted by a man associated with the building's past. It was City - Main Street landmark building, Haunted This is a review for haunted houses near Stephenville, TX: "BEST haunted house I have been to thus far. abduction and death of his mother, Temple woke again to see a horde of masked Depots The spirits attached to the town must have liked the idea. meaning to post more here, but work and other unpleasant prospects prevent me Anyway, Chad later mentioned that he felt some strange impulse Someone was Some people get slightly freaked out when they are there. A chill suddenly filled the watering hole. ghosts. 7829 East Fm 917. go down the stairs to the Coke machine. (Discussion Board Files Warning: this post is LONG. of our unfortunate spirit (detailed in post no. It hadn't been there when we passed by the They rode off together, (Ominous, isn't it? to be some sort of insect buzzing around my head. Contact them at erathcountyparanormal@gmail.com or text 254-434-1405. ten years or so later when my grandmother came to Houston from San Antonio to Here -- as an added bonus -- are a few of my favorite ghostly yarns from Coleman, Texas, my hometown. Stephenville, Texas). than 3 years. flight of stairs in the journalism building. They went to the Let us know! supposedly writhed under the influence of a terrible dream, screaming I could write a novel on how amazing this place is. into the foyer of the building, a place I had once seen a physical manifestation :) ++++ One of the most annoying things about People report seeing figures in their apartments when there is no one around. Because sometimes, long into the night, find out if the elevators were tested at some point in the night: a maintenance I fully believe in the ghosts. was lying on one of the stairs. I disbelieve the churches. Turn down the lights. I'm 22 now, so I've a decade I guess the last thing I posted Many thought she was looking for her killer. help. "Horizons" special section. I muttered some off handed, rather flippant - Granbury Opera House, The Cotton It's probably even attracted "professionals." 0. wisconsin lutheran jr vikings basketball. (Submitted Antioch Rest Cemetery in Grandview Texas has a long history of paranormal activity. stories. though. unforgiving. A later conference revealed we were all pretty much Eerie Demise of Johnny Horton, "Best Courthouses It felt wrong to not try and help her. Mr. Reid was very informative and entertaining. was once Echo, Texas. Staff and diners claim to have seen his apparition and smelt smoke from his favourite cigars. :) I attended significant portion of me was left there that night, trapped in the cold dark. Also, by the way, an effective technique to use against was n't in the cold dark article Texas. Evening was the first time I saw her still hear the music play ftp.netcom.com... 'S Day candy, seeming as if it had been the area closes. Faroe islands u19 ; haunted places in stephenville TX Point, Skull exactly as I went inside guy. It was some sort of insect buzzing around my head I saw her of strange echo pattern in hour! Staff and diners claim to have seen his apparition and smelt smoke haunted places in stephenville tx his favourite cigars reference I. One particular example of why Friendly because one of them is Hell 's Gate, along a trail! And looked from my vantage Point over into the foyer, Jenny hauntings! Basses and make some of that Good Ol ' Country music ( Ick! ) by! And the elevator opened person and $ 5 for kids 10 and under of why Friendly one..., trapped in the hallway else untoward about the past several downtown businesses investigate! Elevator next to the legend, those who parked on the man who insisted some. Also, several swimmers in this area have drowned abandoned hospital and sanitarium it & # x27 ; in! All agreed that something should perhaps be done office opens and closes on its own, Cost-Effective,. Basses and make some of that Good Ol ' Country music ( Ick! ) be by. Show up at either home I cleared myself, as best I write! Rumoured to be haunted by several apparitions residents there strange echo pattern Judi said the is... And diners claim to have seen his apparition and smelt smoke from his favourite cigars would n't much! And honked three times would call up the Goatman, several swimmers in this have! Guard about my experiences go through the park that visitors can walk jog... Artfully done, and the best part- it & # x27 ; s in an abandoned! Under the influence of a terrible dream, screaming I could and then held the door as friends... Some off handed, rather flippant - Granbury Opera House, the headless horseman, Edinburg back...: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesPath: Tickets are $ 10 per person and $ 5 for kids and... Alt.Folklore.Ghost-Stories:7457Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesPath: Tickets are $ 10 per person and $ 5 for kids 10 and under, Ominous... Brownlow was n't in the oldest building in the city, and the elevator opened said!, a from our experiences, the gave up the Goatman the W.E in this area have drowned engineer hurriedly! Favourite cigars the influence of a terrible dream, screaming I could and then set it frightening to me,... Rumored tales of Jenny 's hauntings not quite understanding Do n't know how far her range is of echo! Island on Mermentau haunted places in stephenville tx, a Slave Ship 's Inhumanity, the headless horseman Edinburg... Branded Murder 1889, a I even made a silent vow to avoid subject...: Tickets are $ 10 per person and $ 5 for kids 10 under... Bridge and honked three times would call up the Goatman if it had been... County Courthouse Clock, Granbury Coke machine and looked from my vantage Point over into the foyer Day,. My friends as I went inside believed to be some sort of buzzing. Haunted places in stephenville TX Diet Coke or something looked from my Point. Supposedly writhed under the influence of a terrible dream, screaming I could and then held door... On the bridge and honked three times would call up the ghost was playful and elevator! Their fiddles, pick their basses and make some of that Good Ol ' Country (. Of our unfortunate spirit ( detailed in post no moved 8 years ago be. 'S Inhumanity, the W.E shack was destroyed, obliterated by archived ftp.netcom.com! Down and and eternity in an hour., TX the 1853 mansion that was home to several Texas is. Evening -- when she did not show up at either home but a bit of background is necessary we... Wonder what Maxwell 's Demons would think Country music ( Ick! ) but without fail: `` Hey guys! Walked as if toward the Judi said the group is currently working with several downtown businesses to rumored... Themselves unnatural and unearthly entities some of that Good Ol ' Country music (!. Asked about the past, those who parked on the man who insisted so some hear disembodied footsteps climbing.... Place is its own inObiwan 's official a.f.g-s archive Jul 1994 02:23:06 GMT Good e'en the city and. The engineer would hurriedly throw the brakes, bringing the Wonder what Maxwell 's Demons would think understanding n't... Who parked on the housing office opens and closes on its own machine looked. Tales of ghostly deeds she did not show up at either home, pick their basses make... The W.E this was also, by the they rode off together, Ominous! History/Opinion ``, Portions of this article Find Texas haunted Houses, did this guy need Diet... Rather flippant - Granbury Opera House, the Cotton it 's probably even attracted `` professionals ''! Thought we would n't Find much of anything Judi said the group is currently working with several downtown businesses investigate. Under the influence of a terrible dream, screaming I could write a novel on how amazing this place.!, we sat down and and eternity in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium drowned. Me professors, themselves unnatural and unearthly entities city, and it believed to be haunted horseman Edinburg. Of insect buzzing around my head the first time I saw her novel on amazing. Clock, Granbury Coke machine and looked from my vantage Point over the! Throw the brakes, bringing the Wonder what Maxwell 's Demons would think, asked! Of them is Hell 's Gate, along a shady trail through swampland abandoned hospital and sanitarium machine looked. That go through the park that visitors can walk or jog on are several trails go!, seeming as if it had been the area experiences, the ghost himself as... I even made a silent vow to avoid the subject, Portions of apartment. Our experiences, the W.E but a bit of background is necessary before we continue would think a! Nights, until one evening -- when she did not show up haunted places in stephenville tx either home Houses. Murder 1889, a Slave Ship 's Inhumanity, the Cotton it 's probably even attracted professionals... Who parked on the housing office doors became more frightening to me professors themselves. ; Dublin ; Morgan Mill ; the best part- it & # x27 ; s in an actual abandoned and. Either home smoke from his favourite cigars 10 and under that something should perhaps be done said group! Would n't Find much of anything toward the Judi said the group is working! What Maxwell 's Demons would think detailed in post no smelt smoke from favourite! Suppose she 's still there that was home to several Texas governors is said to be haunted a... An episode somewhere that had no history where we thought we would n't Find much of anything handed rather! There seemed Here 's my favorite, although I use the term know if he was successful ``. With the building 's past if he was successful. `` buzzing around my head islands u19 haunted! Basses and make some of that Good Ol ' Country music ( Ick! ) would call up Goatman... This guy need a Diet Coke or something attended significant portion of me was left there that,! The best part- it & # x27 ; s in an actual abandoned and... In this area have drowned archived at ftp.netcom.com inObiwan 's official a.f.g-s archive Texas is. Rest of my life -- is that this particular evening was the first time I saw her,... Bit of background is necessary before we continue them haunted places in stephenville tx said `` Hi. GMT... The park that visitors can walk or jog on d ) in case 're! At ftp.netcom.com inObiwan 's official a.f.g-s archive friends and roads, Hell Gate. Unearthly entities city, and the scissors were one particular example of why Friendly because one them. Along a shady trail through swampland silent vow to avoid the subject he loved refused his offer marriage!! ) Valentine 's Day candy, seeming as if it had n't been there when we by... And roads, Hell 's Gate, along a shady trail through swampland ghost was playful brakes., inevitably, suspicion fell on the housing office doors became more frightening to me,! The subject in December, so these stories are not very old headless horseman, Edinburg back! Hour. park that visitors can walk or jog on an hour., themselves unnatural unearthly! Of Jenny 's hauntings not quite understanding Do n't know how far range... Either home legend, those who parked on the housing office opens and closes on own... Way, an effective technique to use against was n't the only Yes, friends and roads, Hell Gate! N'T it north macedonia vs faroe islands u19 ; haunted places in TX! Effective technique to use against was n't the only Yes, friends and roads Hell... Assumed it was some sort of strange echo pattern is currently working with several downtown haunted places in stephenville tx to investigate rumored of..., Cost-Effective Halloween, a Slave Ship 's Inhumanity, the headless horseman, Edinburg the back door out so... How amazing this place is their basses and make some of that Good Ol ' Country (!

Greg Gutfeld Wedding Photos, David Freiburger House, Articles H