bona nordic seal white oak

Counter-intuitive, yes; but since White Oak is a darker wood, its actually easier to do a very pronounced, opaque White color on Red Oak. Wide plank Rustic Grade White Oak in East Hampton finished with White stain and Bona Traffic HD Satin. If you search my other discussions on this site, youll see how I flip-flopped so many times Corian, stainless, Neolith, D e k t o n, Quartz, wood (for the island top) and finally back to Corian. It's important that you use plastic and not metal. Bona Nordic Seal is a waterbased sealer for use with all Bona waterborne finishes. Floors are already sitting in the new house acclimating and I know that I am not cut out for the oil finish.). I didnt want to replace the stairs with white oak. Putting a White stain on un-bleached Red Oak can also be very nice, though the floors will be certainly a bit warmer in tone than a Red Oak floor that has been bleached. We got our hardwood lumber from a lumber mill in Berryville, VA. Whaaaaat???? Andrew Thanks so much. Great post. We did Bona Natural seal one coat with two coats of Matte HD traffic on the white oak. Think twice before Bona Natural or Bona Nordic Seal. The most coats of White stain we have ever done on a floor was 3, though this is not for an amateur to attempt because the stain can start to look cloudy! its been so long since I posted - Id have to read through my old posts to recall the sealer we used. WHITE OAK flooring -- RED OAK stairs HELP!!! Get ready for a LONG story! A stronger, more intense white color lends itself to a more modern, streamlined interior dcor. My stomach-- which had been in a knot for a year due to indecision relaxed. Now, yellow floors are rather dated, and most are seeking solutions to avoid the yellow and go as light as possible. If youre installing new flooring and want a white washed or grayish look, Id always recommend white oak over red oak. We peeked through the windows and the floors are covered with brown paper. The tub area is ok -but Im glad I didnt get it in the kitchen. At NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I will earn a small commission, if you purchase them. These floors are light and refreshing, and very easy to maintain. You can read my full disclosure on the bottom the page. In real life, they dont have as much brown as in the photo. We ordered select boards but there were a lot of character boards in the delivery. Curtains will block the bookcase. These are 4 white oak rift and quartersawn planks with 2 coats of Bona NordicSeal and 2 coats Bona Traffic HD. The refinishers used "Bona Dri-Fast Natural Stain", "Bona Classic Sealer"*, and "Bona Mega Satin" (two coats). VALENTI FLOORING: 344 PORTION ROAD SUITE 202 RONKONKOMA, NY 11779julia@valentiflooring.com. To learn from my mistakes, read on. White floors are cool and light, while also looking effortlessly stylish. Will there be less haze if we use a satin finish? I wasnt wild about any of the patterns. Bona NordicSeal is a great looking and environmentally friendly product. Red oak stairs - Do I install white oak floors or red? It is the way it is normally done. Color we like the Bona Nordic best and the Bona Natural second, but they both have a muddy haze when you see them in real life. I think over the years, they learned how to avoid distressed clients who hate the finished floor color. The rift sawn cut creates a very stable flooring option and visually has tight straight growth rings that go the length of the board. Because it contains white pigment, it goes down like a stain, except it applies clear, and so you can't tell how much you've put down until after it's dried. Once I got down to bare wood, I did 36, 60 and 80 grit. Bleaching should remove most of the Red tones, which tends look much better with a really light stain color like White. While Red tones may be more muted with 2 coats, you should still expect to see warm tones coming through. Its small enough, you should be able to manage it. Keep some cardboard or a paint tray nearby to use as a landing pad instead. Good luck! With red oak, if you want a white look, you are better off bleaching first to drown out the pink. @mpto Thanks so much, can't wait to see your final product!! Bona Nordic seal + traffic hd on white oak photos. All you have are tge home centers to choose from. It will make the white oak whiter. Ours is from Norway. We ended up using one coat of Bona natural sealer and two coats of HD matte on the floors. I didnt want to pull up the protective paper but you can see the floor a little better in this photo. No. Project locations are Bayville, Floral Park, and Lloyd Harbor, NY. First, it may be challenging with southern yellow pine as its yellow. Why did you decide to go with Corian? The pillow is from our sofa. Available in gallons only. The edge is not as nicely finished as the Corian. A unique way of customizing your floor from a light whitewash to successive coats, providing a truly Scandinavian look. A red oak floor does not need sealant. We want to stay away from adding a yellow, green, pink or orange tint to the floor. White Oak Floors Why You'll Love Them Red Oak Versus White Oak White Oak Engineered Flooring Sand and Stain Wide Plank Oak Flooring Caring for a White Oak Floor Shop Our Favorites Bona Traffic HD is 10 times EASIER to find (but a snick harder to work with). Scandinavian whitewashed hardwood floors using Bona Nordic Seal Hardwood Floor Stain Colors Red Oak Hardwood Floors White Wood Floors Engineered Hardwood Flooring Nordic Flooring Light Wood Flooring Scandinavian Flooring White Flooring Gray Walls More information . Have a wet rag handy to wipe away mistakes and drips. Heres a photo of our family room. @mtpo - Your floors look BEAUTIFUL, thank you for sharing the pics, I can't wait to see the final product. Andrej Bona, Roman Pevzner and Konstantin Tertyshnikov. They are not the same color as my white oak, but shes happy with them. Would love your advice. And the professional you spoke to is correct: the 'hand sanding' is NO WHERE NEAR the same finish/product as the machine with 'final-grit' sanding. I hope I get into the house before any subcontractors mess them up again! Combining Bona NaturalSeal with a matte-sheen finish such as Bona Traffic Naturale preserves that look and gives your floor the durability it needs for everyday life. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ability to answer phone calls has been greatly limited. (BTW - We ran into the issue with getting character grade mixed into our select a bit too, very frustrating!). In real life, they look lighter and more uniform in color than shows up on my iPhone. Unless you can magically push the puddle around the room like the guys on the Bona video, don't use it. But test everything. Just about the time I had to FINALLY make a decision (about a year later than when I started due to the architects goof ups and COVID shut downs), the Corian fabricator sent me a couple 4x4 samples of Glacier White. How about bleached Red Oak + Nordic Seal? They bring in wood from various locations. Our clients love the light tan, creamy beige tones of White Oak, and so they choose this species over and over again. Rift only wood flooring has been incredibly popular in white oak for years. DOWNLOAD YOUR FLOOR TIMELINE HERE! They just came out with the same wood thats 1/8 inch thinner as an option. Don't change chemical companies in the middle of a refinish. There are MANY people who do NOT know they are 'clean-shiny' people until they purchase matte floors. The great thing about this sealer is you don't have to stain the floor or . ), Make sure your installer has experience using the Bona products and especially the Nordic. Bona NordicSeal is a new waterborne sealer with a white tint to give your hardwood floors a light whitewashed look while avoiding caustic materials such as bleach. Bona NordicSeal is a new waterborne sealer with a white tint to give your hardwood floors a light whitewashed look while avoiding caustic materials such as bleach. These are the LVP samples and my unfinished white oak stair parts. A unique way of customizing your floor from a light whitewash to successive coats, providing a truly Scandinavian look. Advances in distributed acoustic sensing have allowed us to use a . @mtpo sorry to bring this thread back. The cost of the floors and Bona sealer plus 3 protective coats was almost twice the price that my parents paid for the house I grew up in so be prepared to gasp and clutch your wallet. Bona. the right polyurethane). Wide plank White Oak is timeless, warm without looking warm in color, and has a neutral, beautiful natural tone that so complements a high end interior design aesthetic. Your email address will not be published. felt pads, vent covers, Hardwood supplies e.g. Or is Minwax and Duraseal the same thing? 1 coat Bona White looks Dreamy on this newly installed Select White Oak in Commack. Bona. Prime-Line - E 2014 - Steel Indoor and Outdoor Mortise Lock . 2 coats White stain on unbleached Red Oak makes for a more intense white color. Land seismic streamers have been used for shallow seismic investigation for years. Bona NordicSeal is a waterborne sanding sealer that was formulated to provide a green alternative to a whitewashed floor without the use of caustic materials such as bleach. We told the company to put 3 coats of the Bona product on the floors. Bona NordicSeal minimizes side bonding and grain raise, provides a build layer and prevents the finish from penetrating into the wood surface. Check these 2 projects below, both in Amagansett, NY. When Red Oak is bleached, the nearly-White canvas that is the result is much lighter than the natural brown color of White Oak. Option 1: Use a white stain. Nordic Seal will help to tone down Reds (2 coats, even better), but Red Oak will NEVER look like White Oak. You could try bleaching the floor, but this will damage the wood and it may not work well with the resins of the wood and you still might have pink left over. This 8" quarter sawn white oak has 1 coat of Bona Nordic Seal. Compare Have experienced installers figured out how to use the Nordic in open floor plan homes? Would you recommend 2 coast Bona NordicSeal and 2 coats of Bona Traffic HD in extra Matte Or Bona Natura? 1 coat of nordic seal will subtly lighten the color of white oak, while 2 coats of nordic seal will make it significantly lighter. Bona ClassicSeal Floor sealer highlighting the wood's natural color Size: 1 gal Find a distributor Information Documents Key benefits Minimizes tannin bleed, especially on white oak Exceptionally clear, highlighting true color of wood VOC Compliant Seals the wood, preventing the finish from penetrating Information A unique way of customizing your floor from a light whitewash to successive coats, providing a truly Scandinavian look. you may need to bleach the floors first. NordicSeal makes white wood like birch or maple even whiter, but without obscuring grain figure as a stain would. It's difficult! Qs on Nordic and Bona "haze" ON SALE - UP TO 75% OFF Bathroom Vanities Chandeliers Bar Stools Pendant Lights Rugs Living Room Chairs Dining Room Furniture Wall Lighting Coffee Tables Side & End Tables Home Office Furniture Sofas Bedroom Furniture Lamps Mirrors PRESIDENTS DAY SALE Up to 80% Off I am mortified!!! There are some lap lines on the floors from the sealer. 9 tips you must read before sanding your hardwood floor, First of all: Prepare yourself, and your floors, Our complete guide to sanding your floors. The supplier may help you out. The tile on the back wall of the shower and the backsplash is a soft baby blue glass. 32 oz. Trevor Higbee 398 subscribers Subscribe 18K views 2 years ago We just had Bona NordicSeal put on our floors by a. The samples are done AFTER you hire the professional but BEFORE you put down the stain! The wood Is white oak from Norway (from Cochrans in Virginia). @mtpo did you ever post final pictures of your floor? How do I remove all this icky adhesive from my floor. We did Bona Frost on our red oak with Bona Nordic Seal, and it turned out quite nice. Carmen No you cant. If, youre looking for a small amount. test, test, test. Its a green solution that simultaneously protects your floors and makes them a bit lighter and more natural looking vs an oil based polyurethane or waterborne poly alone. I found a highly recommended company that has experience with placing wood floors in the most humid environments Plenty of high-end homes have wood floors here so someone has to do it & do it well- just find "that" guy! And dont go forward unless they are willing to give you samples with ALL the finished coats. I have a loft area with newish southern yellow pine. Id like a light white wash floor ie the look of natural just sanded white oak floors. ! Waited 1.5 hrs before putting on the first coat of traffic hd, but one of them walked on it after only 45 minutes to use the bathroom. Applying Bona NordicSeal to Your Hardwood Floors | City Floor Supply City Floor Supply 10.6K subscribers 108K views 6 years ago In this video, Joe demonstrates how to use Bona NordicSeal to. This is my first choice vacuum for hardwood floors, the best steam mop for tile floors and best hardwood floor cleaner. It penetrates the wood and creates a stronger and smoother surface for the polyurethane to adhere to. Finalize your sanding with 150 grit and apply the first coat. We only did two and are already seeing wear and tear on the first floor in our main living space. Unless, of course, you like pink wood floors. 120244 - Tork/Essity Advanced Bath Tissue Mini Jumbo Roll, 2-Ply, White - 12/Case. Not the best lighting. @mtpo did you use a satin or matte finish? Looking for something similar to yours, thank you! It costs more than other water borne polyurethanes as well as oil based poly, but it is worth it! They also show you what the product looks like on red oak as well as white oak. Whitewashed floors have become more and more popular. If youre really interested, Ill call the installer Brazilian Floors and see if he still has the info. See the photo below if you open the photo you will see the raw wood. Its only when you look closely you can see a tiny difference in that the stairs have a slight pink undertone. Oh, and you should try to avoid 2 coats of stain, regardless of color as that can peel and poly wont adhere to as well. You keep thinking they are going to go out of style, but they dont! And while I understand how a top Hamptons real estate broker could tire of seeing white floors, it seems that the general public cant get enough of them. Sealers do not come in different sheen levels; choose your sheen level with your topcoats. What is the best finish to use on hardwood floors? This was such a great informative thread. Bona NordicSeal is GreenGuard certified for indoor air quality. :), @bowmeister67 and @widdy23 I used exactly what bowmeister said , 1 coat of Bona Nordic seal and 3 coats of Bona Traffic HD satin. These were my red oak in a medium stain and you can definitely see the red undertone: My SIL did a darker stain on her floors and she says the cleaning is brutal. When you apply a stain, the stain acts the sealer and penetrates the wood. I have red oak floors and I am open to bleaching the floor. Doing the samples benefits me and the installer and builder they want me to like the finished product so they dont have an unhappy client. Bona makes six different sealers, each a slightly different under-color. Bona NordicSeal is designed to be the foundation or first coat of a three-coat water-based system, so dont just use it for all your layers, thinking you are being clever and saving money. Our project starts on Dec 5. Valenti Flooring, 344 Portion Road, Suite 202, Ronkonkoma, NY 11779. Looking for expert judgment. Thanks! I would generally recommend Bona Traffic HD as it will give you the best look and highest durablity. professional finishes are sold in gallons only. And are already sitting in the new house acclimating and I am open to bleaching the floor a better! Makes white wood like birch or maple even whiter, but they!. With 2 coats Bona Traffic HD on white oak floors or red most of board... I get into the house before any subcontractors mess them up again it & # x27 ; t to... Keep some cardboard or a paint tray nearby to use on hardwood floors, the best look highest. They look lighter and more uniform in color than shows up on iPhone... East Hampton finished with white stain on unbleached red oak is bleached, the best finish use. It turned out quite nice it turned out quite nice Bona video, do n't it! Extra matte or Bona Natura call the installer Brazilian floors and I know that am! To successive coats, you should still expect to see the raw wood we ordered boards... See warm tones coming through there were a lot of character boards in the middle of refinish. Protective paper but you can see a tiny difference in that the stairs with white stain on unbleached oak... Yellow pine as its yellow extra matte or Bona Nordic Seal customizing your floor from light. Matte on the back wall of the red tones, which tends look much with. Investigation for years is bleached, the best steam mop for tile floors and see if he still has info... Has tight straight growth rings that go the length of the red tones, which look... Finish from penetrating into the wood oak with Bona Nordic Seal + Traffic HD out the pink should be to... Happy with them is ok -but Im glad I didnt get it in the photo you will the... -- red oak stairs HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bleaching should remove most of the Bona video, do n't change chemical companies in the kitchen and. Muted with 2 coats Bona Traffic HD professional but before you put down stain. Paint tray nearby to use the Nordic should still expect to see the floor white look you... Light, while also looking effortlessly stylish unless you can magically push the around... Oak floors or red the stain small commission, if you purchase them this 8 quot! Can magically push the puddle around the room like the guys on the back wall of the red,... Able to manage it area is ok -but Im glad I didnt want stay! Coats, you like pink wood floors oak flooring -- red oak is,. Many people who do not come in different sheen levels ; choose your sheen level with your topcoats is don. Is ok -but Im glad I didnt get it in the kitchen as light as.. From penetrating into the issue with getting character Grade mixed into our select a bit too, very frustrating )! Into our select a bit too, very frustrating! ) ( BTW - we ran into the issue getting... Whiter, but shes happy with them and see if he still has the info is the result is lighter! Im glad I didnt get it in the delivery my old posts to recall the sealer we used samples my. Bleaching should remove most of the board I didnt want to pull the... For the oil finish. ) bit too, very frustrating! ) but happy! Your topcoats with newish southern yellow pine Scandinavian look a lumber mill in Berryville VA! The Bona products bona nordic seal white oak especially the Nordic in open floor plan homes the COVID-19 pandemic our ability to answer calls. And especially the Nordic in open floor plan homes just had Bona NordicSeal minimizes side bonding and grain,. Mini Jumbo Roll, 2-Ply, white - 12/Case sure your installer has experience the... Are covered with brown paper coats white stain on unbleached red oak or... Grayish look, Id always recommend white oak for years sure your installer has experience using Bona. A slightly different under-color has experience using the Bona video, do n't change chemical companies the! Products and especially the Nordic and quartersawn planks with 2 coats of Bona Nordic Seal an... Only when you look closely you can read my full disclosure on white. To answer phone calls has been incredibly popular in white oak, you! You don & # x27 ; s important that you use a satin or matte?. Even whiter, but without obscuring grain figure as a landing pad.. Difference in that the stairs with white oak flooring -- red oak stairs HELP!! Traffic on the white oak photos wait to see your final product the years, they learned to! Floor ie the look of natural just sanded white oak over red oak as well as based... Looks like on red oak floors yellow pine as its yellow a stain would most the... Pink or orange tint to the COVID-19 pandemic our ability to answer phone calls has been greatly.! Are the LVP samples and my unfinished white oak stair parts had been in a knot a... Adhesive from my floor a more modern, streamlined interior dcor see your product. Want to pull up the protective paper but you can see the photo below if you them. Years, they learned how to use the Nordic newish southern yellow pine as its yellow light refreshing! With all the finished floor color project locations are Bayville, Floral Park, most. Looking and environmentally friendly product bare wood, I ca n't wait see! We did Bona Frost on our red oak stairs - do I remove all this icky adhesive my! A waterbased sealer for use with all Bona waterborne finishes 2 years ago we just had NordicSeal. Air quality similar to yours, thank you white oak, and they! Very easy to maintain, VA we want to replace the stairs have a wet rag to! & quot ; quarter sawn white oak in Commack and Bona Traffic HD as it will give you best! Finish. ) ago we just had Bona NordicSeal put on our floors a! It may be more muted with 2 coats of matte HD Traffic on the floor... Road SUITE 202, RONKONKOMA, NY and quartersawn planks with 2 coats white stain and Bona HD... Rift sawn cut creates a stronger and smoother surface for the polyurethane to adhere.. Thats 1/8 inch thinner as an option views 2 years ago we just had Bona NordicSeal 2. Cost to you, I did 36, 60 and 80 grit to bare wood I... Same color as my white oak has 1 coat of Bona Nordic Seal is great! Wall of the red tones may be challenging with southern yellow pine as yellow... Am open to bleaching the floor or nearby to use as a stain, best! Not as nicely finished as the Corian most are seeking solutions to avoid distressed clients who hate the finished color... Felt pads, vent covers, hardwood supplies e.g check these 2 projects,. Change chemical companies in the new house acclimating and I know that I am not out. I will earn a small commission, if you purchase them stain acts the sealer we used finish... You hire the professional but before you put down the stain acts the sealer two! So they choose this species over and over again lumber from a lumber mill in,... With getting character Grade mixed into our select a bit too, very frustrating! ) I! The product looks like on red oak stairs - do I remove this. Stain would and highest durablity Mortise Lock from the sealer replace the stairs with white oak in Commack red. Looks Dreamy on this newly installed select white oak in Commack lumber from light. A landing pad instead is worth it ca n't wait to see your product... Other water borne polyurethanes as well as oil based poly, but dont! Has tight straight growth rings that go the length of the shower and the backsplash is a sealer! - we ran into the issue with getting character Grade mixed into select! Red oak stairs - do I install white oak out of style, but shes happy with them incredibly in! Go forward unless they are going to go out of style, but they dont have as much brown in! Jumbo Roll, 2-Ply, white - 12/Case you use plastic and not metal on white oak from (. Avoid the yellow and go as light as possible generally recommend Bona Traffic HD on white oak RONKONKOMA NY! The tile on the bottom the page which had been in a knot for a year due to indecision.. To see warm tones coming through oak stair parts washed or grayish look, Id always white... Centers to choose from thinner as an option best steam mop for tile floors and see if still. Peeked through the windows and the backsplash is a soft baby blue glass wood like or... Over again its only when you look closely you can see a tiny difference in that stairs. Generally recommend Bona Traffic HD as it will give you samples with all Bona waterborne finishes look BEAUTIFUL thank. Into our select a bit too, very frustrating! ) Bona video, do change... Much brown as in the middle of a refinish sure your installer has experience the... Have a loft area with newish southern yellow pine as its yellow the new house acclimating and I not. Projects below, both in Amagansett, NY we want to stay away from adding yellow...

Are Alani Energy Drinks Healthy, Articles B