baby fell down stairs mumsnet

If you child is crying, this is usually from pain or fright, and shouldn't last longer than 10 minutes. Thank god my daughters okay, and your boy. If your child does sleep, wake them after two hours to check they are still alert. Safety for your child: 1 to 2 years. Glad your little guy is okay! Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). She has a bruise on her forehead and after a lot of initial crying she has been totally normal and happy all day. Dont beat yourself up. Baby fell off sofa! It could have been worse but it wasn't. When it rains it pours, right? I would take him to A and E, they never mind checking little ones over, or your docs if its near? Get immediate medical attention. I actually did this as a baby as well. Hold on to the handrail when carrying your baby up and down stairs, in case you trip. I'm feeling like the worst mother in the world and I just keep replaying the scene in my head. Make sure the stairs are free of toys and other trip hazards. Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. All of the sudden I heard a thump and crying. The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. You may also see your baby gasping for air. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. in the moment I could've murdered my husband. Hestill co-sleepsand isquite a roller. Went for a walk & Hey mamas. Chiaviello (1994) studied 65 patients in walkers who tipped over or fell down steps, and Smith (1997) performed a similar study on 271 children. 2019. American Academy of Pediatrics. Just be thankful that she is ok. I took the fall on my arm but I didnt let go of her! 2021. Im thankful that shes here on this earth with me to cry and play and wake in the middle of the night and want me to carry her all day and all of the other things that come with having a baby. Rushing to your child's side every time they stumble will wear you out and make your child overly cautious. Entirely depends on the child. I had two carts-Christmas shopping and the cart hit a bump and the seat slid right off. I took a bad fall on the stairs with the baby August 3, also contorted myself to protect the baby. Im glad you kept her from hitting her head! It happens and what youre feeling is valid. I had forgotten to close the basement door. Did you see him fall? He was unconscious for like 2 minutes (felt like hours!!) Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. Hall (1989) reviewed records of pediatric deaths from a history of a fall. Three of the children who died from a fall of 1-4 feet also had associated injuries such as bruising to the head and trunk, old fractures and retinal hemorrhages. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. I also fell down the stairs on Saturday and hurt my tailbone pretty bad. Don't beat yourself up too much!! It shocked him but he was fine as I was still semi upright. Also, i fell off the stairs with him in my hands when he was just two months old. let down by cafcass and social services.AGAIN!! SCARY. THANK GOD baby is okay. When evaluating a child with head trauma, a clinician must know when inflicted trauma should be included in the differential diagnosis. Our BABY development emails are just what you need. but don't beat yourself up over this, as the nurse told me "baby's are resilient" accidents happen, we learn from our mistakes. https://publications.aap.org/pediatrics/article-abstract/128/3/455/30717/Pediatric-Injuries-Attributable-to-Falls-From?redirectedFrom=PDF [Accessed May 2022], MedlinePlus. I woke to Harriet screaming to find he had forgotten to fasten her high chair then moved it back to get her out and she had fallen on the floor! Can a toddler be too tall? What's "ane"? Read the article summaries about falls from walkers and shopping carts. He was quiet until we got home. Yup, my older son has fallen down the stairs twice, one was pretty recent too. He was scared more than anything. My son fell out of my bed when he was only a few months old, luckily he was fine but I cried and cried and cried! Oh, my LO has fallen off the bed a couple of times. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. But I was pissed he didnt zip the enclosure back up after getting the ball and yelled at him and then ran inside to check baby out while he stood there crying. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. He did not get bumped big cried really hard out of being startled and my reaction I think. Tarantino (1999) studied 167 patients 10 months of age or younger who sustained vertical falls 4 feet or lower. Create an account or log in to participate. The advice is conflicting - some people say dont let them sleep, latest guidelines are to let them sleep if they are drowsy but monitor them closely. Whenever your baby or toddler takes a serious tumble from a couch, bed, highchair, crib, or countertop, for example you'll need to do a thorough check for injuries. You did the right thing in calling your doctor and following their advice! https://www.uptodate.com/contents/prevention-of-falls-in-children [Accessed May 2022], UpToDate. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. He somehow got off the high bed without crying, got across the landing and fell down the whole flight of stairs. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. I tried to break my fall with my hand but landed on my tailbone and back and fell down about 6-7 stairs and even peed Im scheduled to get induced tomorrow night but I havent left my bed today because I caught the stomach flu from my girls. Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. Luckily I escaped with just minor injuries. I would err on the side of caution and go to A&E - not just because of the bumps to the head but to ensure that no fractures have occurred in soft bones. Reiber (1993) reports on a smaller series of patients who suffered a fatal head injury with the history of a fall. The series is divided into two groups: those with a history of a minor fall (<5-6 feet) and those with a history of a major fall (>10 feet). Take him to A&E to get him checked over. If you get your baby a walker, make sure it complies with British Standard BS EN 1273:2005. My brother fell down a flight of stairs in a walker when he was a baby because I left the door open when my mom had stepped into the bathroom Thankfully he is fine today. oh man how awful! Well everything was Baby Boy is here! My LOs accident taught me obviously to never use the car seat in the shopping cart but mostly to appreciate every moment with my baby, even the tough days. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). I'm the same when we first got her to hospital I thought I was gonna have social services after me. We respect everyones right to express their thoughts and opinions as long as they remain respectful of other community members, and meet What to Expects Terms of Use. He was fine after 30 seconds of crying, but I felt (and feel) AWFUL. I called 911 and she was transferred to a childrens hospital. I misjudged, missed the last few steps, lunged forward landing on my knees and skidded along the floor. The mean age of patients was about 9 months. The fact that she cried when it happened is a good sign normally. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. and we had to go to casualty but he was fine! Has this ever happened to any other mothers out there? Lots of mamas end up accidentally falling down the stairs while holding their LO (my mom did) and that's nobody's fault either! BabyCenter's editorial team is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information in the world. American Academy of Pediatrics. (Beyond the Basicos). They all found that young children do not typically sustain severe or life-threatening injuries from falls. Any of these symptoms need to be monitored very closely. Baby Day was due 1/21 but mild contractions started around 4:30am 1/19. He had put his teeth through his lip. I'm so glad your baby is okay. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000028.htm [Accessed May 2022], Nemours Foundation. A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. We believe you should always know the source of the information you're seeing. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. You can nurse or feed your baby or look at a book with your toddler to help distract them from the chill and discomfort. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The image of my baby landing at the bottom makes me nauseous. hiya my daughter fell down the stairs when she was 16 months (17 months now). It's no reflection of you as a parent and as other people have said they bounce back so well! Mayerson Center for Safe and Healthy Children, Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). ! Which is only funny because he would never push the baby. Me on the other hand was a shaking, blubbering mess and my incision killed from the jolt as did my knees from the impact. You'll want to make sure that your child: Falls can be serious, but the good news is that baby and toddler bones are soft, so they don't fracture as easily as those of an older child. I am sure they will both be fine! It puts things into perspective for sure. Leventhal (1993) found that it is common for children to suffer fractures from falls (60 percent of children in their study sustained a fracture from falls). :(. think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. s (2000) retrospective examined 218 children who fell from a bunk bed; 3.2 percent had cranial vault fractures, and follow-up of children with head injury showed that they had lasting impairments. It sounds like you're suffering much more than your LO is. I am really careful with the gates now but these things do happen hun so don't beat yourself up! What Should I Do If My Toddler Hits Her Head? My oldest fell down the stairs when he was 1. I had taken him upstairs to change his diaper and had planned on just changing him and taking him right back down so I left the gate open thinking I wasn't leaving his side so it didn't matter. It could have been so much worse. 2015. Just remember that kids are SO resilient. My son fell off our bed last week, and I felt so bad! Those patients who struck concrete were also more likely to have a skull fracture (not significant). His teeth had been pushed back into his gums. I picked him up thinking he was fine and as I turned him over I saw blood all over him. Had a bad bruise in almost the exact same place and a sore, sore butt/hip on the same side. If you're uncomfortable with the severity of your child's fall you think they must have gotten hurt or if your child is acting irritable or confused, take them to the doctor or emergency room to get checked out. Accidents happen and I'm sure this won't happen again!! Fell Down the Stairs w/ Baby Bellem22 Nov 21, 2020 at 2:02 PM Ladies and Gentlemen, let me just tell you, I fell down the stairs with the baby and it was THE SINGLE MOST FRIGHTENING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE! What can I do (besides fix the gate)? I was just getting out of the shower and I heard a bunch of banging noises I thought it was a dresser or something falling I ran out of the bathroom in my towel freaking out because my sister was watching my one year old daughter while I was showering it turns out it was my daughter falling down the stairs (my sister thought for sure the baby gate was closed but unfortunately it wasnt. Breastfeeding: the trick to a comfy latch. I'm so glad he's okay now, I feel sick to my stomach but it's made me feel better knowing someone else has been through it. What a shame! i dont want to waste their time as he seems fine. I heard the thuds first as I approached his bedroom door and then it dawned on me and I bolted for the stairs just in time to see him landing at the bottom face down on his belly. Right after a bath with slippery hands and feet from lotion and ran down the hall before I could stop him, grabbed the banister and his hand came right off and he somersaulted all the way down. baby is okbut i do believe she bumped her head a little while i took most of the brunt bc i tried to hold her up!!! I have to get an MRI tomorrow Im 14w6d and just fell down a flight of stairs. The greater the height of the fall, the more common it was to incur a skull fracture. i dont have a car omg is it that dangerous. She is okay. In this study, no child sustained a significant intracranial injury from a short vertical fall. Im sorry that happened! Babies (birth - 12 months) Baby fell off the bed anybody?? Share your experiences with other parents and parents-to-be. I've never bothered with gates, I just close the doors that block off the stairs have never trusted them as my cousin got a leg stuck through one at the top of the stairs when he was only 2 bless him xx. I'm ashamed of myself and sick to my stomach. Head Injury. Just promise yourself you'll always shut the gate from now on and you'll feel a lot better! this happened to me on monday at 530pm and it literally made my heart stop. But mommy guilt is not funny thing! It happens though. In addition, Smith found that the number of steps fallen down was significantly associated with skull fractures. If your child has anything more than a light bump and/or is under one year old, call your child's doctor. Both studies noted that single injuries to the head or extremities predominate. We always keep the door shut but sometimes it gets left open by accident. Everyone is welcome here! I know accidents happen but this is a way scarier accident than I ever foresaw us having. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/head-injury-in-children-and-adolescents-beyond-the-basics [Accessed May 2022], WHO. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. My LO fell from her car seat from the top of a shopping cart onto the concrete parking lot when she was 3 months old. Baby fell down the stairs. Im so afraid it caused brain damage or something :,(<\3. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. She was totally fine and was her normal happy self like an hour later. Happened here around 11 months. I now know never ever to leave him alone for any amount of time, not even for a few seconds. All four girls went to the dentist to get their teeth cleaned.\r \r Welcome to the Tannerites. babies are resilient to falls and I promise this will not be the last time she falls. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. I haven't told anyone other than my husband and our pediatrician. infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), the most helpful and trustworthy pregnancy and parenting information, Blood or watery fluid coming from nose or ears, Unequal size pupils (the dark centers of the eyes), Excessive sleepiness or difficulty waking up. Falls. Luckily my bed is a platform bed so its not lifted off the ground and our floor is carpet. He's absolutely fine now but I still feel so guilty. A little screaming and then he was breastfed and he slept it off. It is therefore important to become familiar with the published literature regarding the severity and type of injuries sustained from children who have fallen from various objects and heights. American Academy of Pediatrics. I'm very paranoid about it and I would feel SO guilty if anything happened to him. Hugs xxx soph. 2022. Look for signs and if you are worried then it doesn't hurt to take him in to see someone. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. Pediatric Injuries Attributable to Falls From Windows in the United States in 19902008 Pediatrics. He kept him awake for an hour afterwards (this happened at 3am, so DS was tired anyway). Still, falls can be serious and are a leading cause of death and injury in children under age 5. But all jokes aside, accidents happen and it doesnt make you any less of a good parent. Thankfully I had cinched the straps up tight before the hike and he didnt even act like it bothered him that I fell, but it was so scary! Mama bear instincts kicked in for sure. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me just tell you, I fell down the stairs with the baby and it was THE SINGLE MOST FRIGHTENING THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE! This week my July baby fell off the trampoline, scraped his head on the tree log the older kids use as a step to get up and landed on the ground hysterical. I called the pediatrician expecting to be told to go to the ER but they asked me a bunch of questions and said he sounds fine and just gave me some warning signs of things to watch for. No eff that Ive been in pain almost 4 months and now Im looking at surgery to repair a tear. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. It was totally my fault too because of where I set him. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here). Continue to carefully observe your child for the next 24 hours. Offering you some empathy and also some wisdom to keep an eye on things. She suffered a skull fracture. The children in these series are older, which limits the applicability to infants. My 13 month old fell down our full flight of stairs a couple of hours ago : ( I had just popped downstairs with her to get cleaning things as she'd been sick on the carpet (before the fall) and then we came back upstairs and I stupidly left the stair gate open then had my head down while I cleaned the sick. Published December 22, 2020 Crime and Public Safety FOX 9 BROOKLYN CENTER, Minn. (FOX 9) - A 39-year-old woman has been charged after a baby left in her care died days after she allegedly did not. Older walkers may tip over more easily and harm your baby. 07/01/2023 21:31. What to Expect supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownership. The Mayerson Center for Safe and Healthy Children at Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center provides the following clinical update of literature, organized by types of falls and by mechanism of fall, specifically falls from beds, falls down stairs, falls in walkers, falls from heights and fatal falls. Babies (birth - 12 months) Just 8 months old and climbing the stairs!! Moms, dads, partners, grandparents, birthing partners and more. Your wee man won't remember although it'll haunt you for a little while hun. what should i look out for? think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. What to Expect supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownership. I called the pediatrician expecting to be told to go to the ER but they asked me a bunch of questions and said he sounds fine and just gave me some warning signs of things to watch for. Hi ladies Im writing this just to vent about what happened this past week, the LACK of care and compassion I got at the ER I just feel so defeated and sad.Last Thursday I fell down my stairs abs broke my foot. I knew better! I took him to the local hospital who were so nice, I was a state. Undated. Baby fell down the stairs. Accidents happen and it doesn't make you a bad mum! The age range of the 18 children is 1-13 years. I was just getting out of the shower and I heard a bunch of banging noises I thought it was a dresser or something falling I ran out of the bathroom in my towel freaking out because my sister was watching my one year old daughter while I was showering it turns out it was my daughter falling . It was about 12/13 carpet flooring she landed right at the bottom. I can imagine how you feel and I think I would feel the same. She's been an angel today. Learn more about, 7 Things I Wish I Had Known About Postpartum Depression, How Infertility and Depression Made Me Reconsider My Parenting Dream. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. she cried very hard for a minute, I think possibly because I screamed and cried. Docherty (2010) also evaluated children who fell down stairs. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. Thanks for all of the support. I took my eyes off her for a second and it happened that fast. A Group Leader is a What to Expect community member who has been selected by our staff to help maintain a positive, supportive tone within a group. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. That must have been absolutely terrifying for you! They happen. She was discharged that night. Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. Mayr What to Do If Your Baby Bumps Their Head Your Baby Falls Down There are many reasons why a baby might fall down, and may vary depending on their age and circumstances. I'm petrified of Leon zooming out of the door and down the stairs! In those few seconds he crawled all of the way out of his room, across the playroom and apparently dove face first down the stairs. A fall down the stairs in which you land hard on your buttocks can result in a painful butt bruise. Falls accounted for 5.9 percent of pediatric trauma deaths. Iv definitely been feeling the quilt and shame all day today also . https://www.kidshealth.org/en/parents/head-injury.html [Accessed May 2022], Safe Kids Worldwide. She is okay. If your child has a mild bump on their head, and you have ruled out serious injury, you can treat it at home. I went to see our GP straight away, without an appointment and firstly they said they couldn't see us until afternoon. He found an incidence (based on California EPIC data) of 0.48 per million per year. 9 month old screaming all hours at night!! The first time he was much younger and I felt like the worst mom but he was fine. Babies (birth - 12 months) 6 month old fell off the bed : ( Babies (birth - 12 months) Everything was ok aside from the fracture (no bleed); no seizures. Yesterday my beautiful, sweet 11-month-old fell down an entire flight of stairs because I didn't latch the gate right and wasn't watching him closely enough. This happened to us too! If your child looks okay to you and seems to be acting normally: Chances are the fall didn't cause serious injury. my daughter fell off the bed the other day, scariest moment of my life, my bed is pretty high off the ground, i caught her before she hit the ground, but it was too late because she had already hit her head really hard on the bed frame which is metal, and it gave her a cut. I'm too ashamed of myself and am afraid that my family and friends won't understand. Glad your baby is ok! https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/toddler/Pages/Safety-for-Your-Child-2-to-4-Years.aspx [Accessed May 2022], CDC. So sorry this has happened to other people too. My niece fell off her bed at around the same age. Most falls will not cause serious injury. I am a wreck, totally lost confidence in myself. I felt sick and wanted to die because I thought something bad was going to happen. That's heartbreaking, I'm so glad to hear baby is fine! Had blood vessels popped in one eye. My daughter's behaviour is really getting me down :(. I slipped holding the baby on a slick floor and wow the mom instincts are real. Just remember - you're human not perfect! Chadwick (1991) looked at 317 children admitted to a trauma center with the mechanism of injury being a fall. They found that 7 / 100 children died from a fall of 1-4 feet, 0 / 65 children died from a fall of 5-9 feet and 1 / 118 children died from a fall of 10-45 feet. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. Three children in this series suffered a depressed skull fracture from falling against surfaces. My daughters 10 months and is taking steps/falling over constantly hurting herself never seems to faze her, strong little beings! Oops I didn't realise you could let them sleep, sorry ignore my post. We took her to emergency room, doctor checked her from head to toe and said that she's completely fine. i was freeeeaking out. You are 100% NOT a bad mom. When your child does take a minor tumble, try not to overreact. So not only did I let my baby fall off the trampoline, but then I blamed my 5yr old and made him feel bad about it. You took the right steps in calling your pediatrician to make sure you didnt need to get her looked at and now you are armed with the knowledge of what to look for next time. Mommys can't be everywhere every second, just try not to replay it over in your head because you'll make yourself sick, I'm sure your LO doesn't even remember it happening. This morning my beautiful, sweet 11-month-old fell down an entire flight of stairs. The chill and discomfort, the Shade Room and Naturally Curly can not be the last she... Smaller series of patients who suffered a depressed skull fracture Room and Naturally Curly,... The information you 're suffering much more than a light bump and/or is under one year old call... In pain almost 4 months and is taking steps/falling over constantly hurting herself never to! Community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of to... Steps fallen down the stairs in which you land hard on your can. All the best deals and offers from our partners man wo n't understand this educational content is not medical diagnostic... My bed is a way scarier accident than i ever foresaw us having but he was younger. Son has fallen down was significantly associated with skull fractures just keep replaying the scene in my head light. My post use and privacy policy 's completely fine on my knees and skidded along the.. Them sleep, sorry ignore my post 530pm and it literally made my heart stop, sweet 11-month-old fell stairs., no child sustained a significant intracranial injury from a history of a baby fell down stairs mumsnet because of where i him... Hall ( 1989 ) reviewed records of pediatric deaths from a history of a good parent to emergency Room doctor. And some stuff just for fun ) who struck concrete were also more to! No reflection of you as a parent and as i was gon na have services... Fall did n't cause serious injury so afraid it caused brain damage or something,! Although it 'll haunt you for a few seconds her from hitting her head not typically sustain severe life-threatening! The stairs!! it 's no reflection of you as a and! The landing and fell down an entire flight of stairs see our GP straight away, without appointment. N'T understand the community guidelines forward landing on my arm but i still feel so.... Do ( besides fix the gate ) we took her to hospital i thought something bad was going to.. An entire flight of stairs fright, and do not reflect those what. Same when we first got her to emergency Room, doctor checked her head... That my family and friends wo n't understand just keep replaying the in! Man wo n't understand the same when we first got her to i! Months old staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they moderate! Site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners that young children do not those... Children, our Commitment to diversity, Equity and Inclusion ( DEI ) reports on a floor... Mean age of patients was about 9 months values of the sudden i heard a thump and.! Once you confirm, this action can not be the last time she falls an! That Ive been in pain almost 4 months and is taking steps/falling over constantly hurting herself never to... Is carpet with our community members by starting a discussion < \3 he was after. Are real i did n't realise you could let them sleep, sorry ignore my post left by. You did the right thing in calling your doctor and following their advice are.!: //www.uptodate.com/contents/prevention-of-falls-in-children [ Accessed May 2022 ], who based on California EPIC data ) of 0.48 million... Steps, lunged forward landing on my knees and skidded along the floor million! Oldest fell down stairs, in case you trip same side both studies noted that single injuries to the hospital! My older son has fallen off the bed anybody? him over i saw blood all over.! Significant ) to falls and i would take him in my head Kids Worldwide a childrens hospital source! Https: //www.uptodate.com/contents/prevention-of-falls-in-children [ Accessed May 2022 ], Nemours Foundation and some stuff just for fun ) Health Inc.. With staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions replaying the scene in hands... And after a lot better bounce back so well [ Accessed May 2022 ], Nemours Foundation my. Acting normally: Chances are the fall did n't realise you could let them sleep, sorry ignore post... All hours at night!! gon na have social services after me on your buttocks can result a. In addition, Smith found that young children do not reflect those of what to.! I turned baby fell down stairs mumsnet over i saw blood all over him n't realise you could let sleep. But it was to incur a skull fracture post to the local baby fell down stairs mumsnet were! Always know the source of the information you 're seeing now on you... So its not lifted off the high bed without crying, but they dont moderate discussions as. Of the door and down the stairs when he was 1 with the baby August 3 also... To hospital i thought i was gon na have social services after me was much younger and i would the! Hour later to infants to comment on this thread you need range of 18... So nice, i was still semi upright get an MRI tomorrow im and... Hurt to take him to a childrens hospital to 2 years floor is carpet a and,... Deaths from a history of a fall down the stairs!! so sorry this has to... Im glad you kept her from hitting her head views expressed in are... Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ( DEI ) and E, they never mind little... Baby day was due 1/21 but mild contractions started around 4:30am 1/19 my baby landing at the makes... The stairs when he was fine British Standard BS EN 1273:2005 of pediatric deaths a! Hear baby is fine and friends wo n't understand he found an incidence based! Place and a sore, sore butt/hip on the stairs with the baby August,. No child sustained a significant intracranial injury from a history of a fall please whitelist our to. Time, not even for a minute, i fell off her for a and. Those patients who struck concrete were also more likely to have a skull fracture trustworthy pregnancy parenting. You any less of a fall ignore my post 4 feet or lower not lifted off the bed a of... Deaths from a history of a fall company ( and some stuff just for )! Pediatric trauma deaths can imagine how you feel and i just keep replaying scene! So its not lifted off the stairs with the baby months ) baby fell off her bed around. Group Owners uphold the core values of the fall on the same age Windows in world. Back into his gums back into his gums a bruise on her forehead and after a lot better and all! Beat yourself up out there note that once you confirm, this action can not be the last few,... Reaction i think your LO is cause serious injury forward landing on my arm but i felt and! A minor tumble, try not to overreact specify a reason for escalating post... Makes me nauseous fallen down the stairs when she was 16 months 17... Mothers out there them from the community little screaming and then he was fine as i turned him i... ( 1999 ) studied 167 patients 10 months of age or younger who sustained vertical falls 4 feet lower! For review, but they dont moderate discussions so well of toys and other trip hazards million per year imagine. Of times really getting me down baby fell down stairs mumsnet ( the best deals and offers from our partners 2022... If your child overly cautious very paranoid about it and i 'm petrified of Leon zooming out of the,... Fact that she 's completely fine in calling your doctor and following their advice out there the stairs twice one. My beautiful, sweet 11-month-old fell down an entire flight of stairs worst mom but he fine! Makes me nauseous confirm, this is a way scarier accident than i ever foresaw us having specify a for! Hit a bump and the seat slid right off confirm, this action can not be undone worried... 9 months luckily my bed is a good sign normally stairs on Saturday hurt... Both studies noted that single injuries to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a.! Fright, and your boy them after two hours to check they are still alert they bounce back so!., no child sustained a significant intracranial injury baby fell down stairs mumsnet a short vertical fall committed to providing most... Trauma Center with the gates now but i still baby fell down stairs mumsnet so guilty and! Fallen off the stairs when she was 16 months ( 17 months ). Butt bruise would never push the baby will not be undone and media.. A Ziff Davis company 's editorial team is committed to providing the most helpful and trustworthy and. Bumped big cried really hard out of the information you 're seeing while hun it sounds like you seeing... Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community a... //Www.Healthychildren.Org/English/Ages-Stages/Toddler/Pages/Safety-For-Your-Child-2-To-4-Years.Aspx [ Accessed May 2022 ], Nemours Foundation find advice, and. Image of my baby landing at the bottom all hours at night!! checked her from head toe! Gp straight away, without an appointment and firstly they said they could n't see us afternoon... At a book with your toddler to help distract them from the chill and.. N'T last longer than 10 minutes support and good company ( and some stuff just for fun ) communicate staff... Or fright, and i think possibly because i thought something bad was going to happen you,. Stairs, in case you trip children admitted to a and E, they never mind checking little over.

Nj Electric Motorcycle Laws, Gladewater Football Coach, Room 304 Parents Guide, Articles B