I first joined the lab in 2005 when I designed and built the original version of PatientView. I re-joined the lab in August, 2014, to take PatientView and the lab to the next level. In the intervening 10 years, I built several other web-based applications and was an enterprise architect for T-Mobile, USA, and Nordstrom, Inc. I am happy to be back!
Seattle University, Master of Software Engineering (1990)
University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts Business Administration (Accounting) (1981)
- 1997: Object-Oriented Design Measurement published by John Wiley, & Sons. Research included development of a mathematical theory of objects and a way to analyze a design before code is written, based on algebraic categories.
- 2019: Measuring Business Process is Key to an Effective Business Architecture. Building Business Capability Conference. Hollywood, FL
- 2019: Learn Faster, Adapt Faster: Machine Learning and Business Agility. Building Business Capability Conference. Hollywood, FL
- 2019: Learn Faster, Adapt Faster: Machine Learning and Business Agility. TEXWeek – Technical Excellence Week Conference. Boston, MA
- 2018: Business Outcomes →Customer Experiences → Processes. Building Business Capability Conference. San Antonio, TX
- 2018: Delivering the Value of Business Architecture. Building Business Capability Conference, San Antonio, TX
- 2014: Business Architecture is Easy to Talk About but Hard to Do. Building Business Capability Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- 2013: Understanding the Plumbing of Your Business. Business Architecture Summit, Reston, VA
- 2013: Performance Ratios Connect Business Architecture to Business Performance. Building Business Capability, Orlando, FL
- 2012: Just What is “Architecture”? Iasa Global World Summit, Austin, TX
- 2011: Can Architecture be Defined without Functional Requirements? presented to Microsoft TechReady, Seattle, WA
- 2005: Dynamic Design Analysis presented to Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference, Portland, OR.
- 2005: Tools May Come and Tools May Go presented to Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference, Portland, OR
- 2002: Ten Lessons from the Field presented to the Portland Area Software Process Improvement Network (SPIN), Beaverton, OR
- 1996: A Theory of Objects presented to the Object-Oriented Product Metrics Workshop of the Object-Oriented Programming Systems and Languages (OOPSLA) conference
- 1996: 3D Function Points: Applications for Object-Oriented Software presented to the Applications of Software Measurement (ASM) conference
- 1995: An Introduction to 3D Function Points published in Software Development Magazine, vol. 3, no. 4 (April)
- 1994: Object-Oriented Measurement of Software published in Encyclopedia of Software Engineering, edited by J. Marciniak, published by John Wiley & Sons
- 1993: Applying Function Points to Object-Oriented Software published in Software Engineering Productivity Handbook, edited by J. Keyes, published by McGraw-Hill.
- 1992: 3D Function Points: Scientific and Real-Time Extensions to Function Points presented to Pacific Northwest Software Quality Conference, Portland, OR
- 1992: Measuring Complexity in Object-Oriented Software presented to the Applications of Software Measurement (ASM) conference.