wiley clapp biography

SAA revolvers have been available since at least 1930. Every waking minute of every day of that time, I had the same 1911 .45 pistol on my hip. More importantly, everything it makes has the performance to match. Before the weapon will fire, a cartridge has to be chambered, the grip safety deactivated, the manual thumb . Army, not only of the ones in the safe but of any I have owned. Meet me, Jesus, meet me in the middle of the air, if my wings should fail me, Lord, please meet me with another pair, so I can die easy. Notify When In Stock. In the late 1950s, I finished my formal schooling and entered the military service with the Marine Corps. When history and emotional attachment are counted it may well be. You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers. This article, "The Nighthawk: Warhorse To Thoroughbred," by Wiley Clapp, appeared originally in the February 2006 issue of American Rifleman. With its Series 70 Firing System . In 1949, the U.S. Army began trials to find a lighter handgun for issue to . Total unloaded weight is right at 30 ounces, which makes it a good fit for all-day carry or for extended trips to the range. friends shop. The nature of any gun review storyfor Gun World, Guns & Ammo, Petersen's Handguns, HandGunning, Shooting Times, Shooting Illustrated or Amertican Riflemanis remarkably like every other one. This past November I was able to attend Colt's Media Day Event down at the legendary Gunsite Academy in Paulden, Arizona. The Wiley the Third Generation Colt Single Action Army. I know from past conversations that Wiley is a fan of brass bead front sights, so the use of a fiber optic sight is very new age indeed. I doubt the .38 Colt with its 152 grain bullet at 750 fps could . Quite a few German POWs that were interviewed by us. Ambrose, Wiley V 797 Graham, Dolland M 406 Niederer, Jacob 848 Anderson, Charles B 752 Grannis, Rollin W 841 Northam, Leotia K 879 . I have owned quite a few single I generally prefer a bright fiber optic front sight, but I had absolutely no difficulty in acquiring and rapidly engaging the steel targets Colt had set up at the range with the bead/wide rear notch combo. But, when it comes to other Western characters, there is a great deal more material. The front sight incorporates a large, very visible lime-green fiber optic rod while retaining a square front sight post configuration. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. They fit the casehardened revolver frames, some do not. There are 1911's out there as well. The trigger on the Wiley Clapp GP100 is properly designed and was attached to a DA trigger that broke my scale right at 9 pounds. Also almost all the Russian Troops that worked with [] Here's the inside story of what they found and how they're rebuilding an industry giant. All Formats Paperback Sort by: Popularity. $999.99 The Ruger American Farmer Tribute Limited Edition Rifle. With a proper holster and belt the Clapp .357 Mag can be easily carried and concealed and lets be honest, if you are fighting for your life (or the life of a loved one) dont you really want a full-powered, handful of gun? Pomona, Los Angeles County, California 91767. One new winner* is announced every week! The one who was also known for gun work spelled his surname Threepersons, while the rodeo star made it Three Persons. In 1965, Wiley found himself in Vietnam with the 1st Marine Division commanding a company of . Become a part of the design of your own custom made holster from scratch with the help of . Biography ID: 84143598. offers shark, rhino, elephant and a few other exotic leathers. Why the hell is Ruger, Colt, etc all releasing limited edtion guns with this guy's name on 'em? In the last several years, Wiley has worked with distributors to manufacture classic combat handguns to his specificationsand while you might not agree with his platform, you cant argue they are not well thought out and appointed. suit coat, in a shoulder holster or a crossdraw holster. Eventually the original equipment wore The Wiley Clapp revolver never failed to fire and was the most accurate revolver of the test. From my point of view, the decade of the 1960s was strongly associated with carrying and firing the 1911A1 service .45, I fired dozens of 2700 aggregate bullseye matches and equal numbers of very . For The idea behind this serieswhich begins belowis to identify a gun for each decade (maybe a runner up), describe where it fits in the scheme of things and what sort of impact it had on me. I remember reading his stuff on and off over the years. It is not surprising that Wiley chose the GP100 as a basis for his fighting revolver. the original .45 Colt uses a button ejector system, so the .45 Colt didnt need Wiley Online Library Access to journals, books, major reference works, and databases; Cochrane Library Access our collection of high-quality, independent evidence to inform; Authorea Discover and publish cutting edge, open research; Open Access Journals Explore open access research from many research disciplines; Well, in Threepersons world, the gun was a Colt Peacemaker, and he carried it in a holster he designed for the old S.D. A Native American of Cherokee descent, our Tom was born in 1889 in the Indian Territories and grew up there and on Montanas border with Canada. I continued my testing by adding a Bianchi belt holster I had on hand for a 4-inch GP100 and shooting some of my typical practice drills. Auxiliary cylinders chambered in .45 ACP for .45 Colt SAA revolvers have been available since at . If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Wiley Clapp GP100 SS Refresh #1789 TALO Distributors Inc. For the matter at hand, after a detailed search of my accumulation of material, as well as that of the local library and the encyclopedic internetIm stumped. What a find, I I found the Wiley Clapp revolver on the shelf at a Come join the discussion about optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Myers company of El Paso, TX. There are many variations and many calibers as well. He was born in 1921 and later served as a navy corpsman in Japan and Korea. phased out of service and replaced with a fragile and woefully underpowered .38 February 1, 2014. With one of the flush fit Colt magazines and 7+1 rounds of Wilson Combat's 200-gr. The pain from a previous head injury drove him to corrective surgery, which was successful. Augusta, Georgia. If you read any gun magazines in the late eighties and through the nineties, you saw countless Wiley Clapp articles, not just in Gun World, but in many of the Peterson publications like Guns and Ammo and Shooting Times. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. The Threepersons holster is a plain scabbard that sits high on the belt and at a rather steep angle. The result is a grip configuration that is both functional and elegant in appearance. From my point of view, the decade of the 1960s was strongly associated with carrying and firing the 1911A1 service .45, I fired dozens of 2700 aggregate bullseye matches and equal numbers of very similar service rules contests. The frame and cylinder is melted so all sharp edges are removed, something that is critical for a gun that might be carried concealed. Abstract Background: US Vietnam War Blue Water Navy veterans (BWN) conducted military operations on Vietnam's offshore waters and likely experienced various war-related exposures. The cylinder broke open smoothly when attempting a speed load and the large cut placed in the left side of the factory grip made speedloader insertion much easier while also allowing them to fall free cleanly when no longer needed. These features all combine to result in a 1911 that looks fairly striking to the eye, and fits the hand quite well. Tokey Hill Competitor, Coach, and Promotor, Wisdom Of The Masters: Captivating and inspirational Quotes For Everyone, Former Navy SEAL and American Sniper Author Chris Kyle Killed. If you're not moving you should be reloading. So the .45 ACP is a good choice for shooters as opposed to www.taloinc.com. This Colt Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander Type: Semi-auto, single action Caliber: 9mm Barrel: 4.25 in., polished stainless steel Overall Length: 7.75 in. In 2006 I was attending the 260 (tactical shotgun) class at Gunsite. He continues to amaze me with his depth of knowledge on numerous handguns both old and new. The final 25 rounds were the excellent Federal 110-grain +P+ Treasury load, which makes any snub revolver more effective. I looked on the official website for the USA Shooting Team, but could not find his name there either (to include the members of the board of directors). Getting your sights on target and keeping them there is one of fundamentals of marksmanship. No attention to detail is spared. The flat black Novak rear sight is more than just a noveltyit helps pull the eyes to the fiber optic front sight for quick and easy acquisition. California Biography Project . Discussion is the wrong word as I just sat and listened, because when I talk I dont learn and I obviously had a lot to learn in this case. incongruent outlook. I am kind of old and have never heard of him. UPC #: 736676017898. Item Number: 1774. Following graduation from VMI in June of 1957, Wiley was commissioned in the United States Marine Corp. He;s from back when gun people cared what gun magazines said about guns in order to shill guns. Also I'm a thirty year old 2nd gen cop. There is no doubt that the man existed and much of this wild and woolly stuff took place. If you're not shooting, moving, or reloading, you should be taping or picking brass. Who the hell is Wiley Clapp? This is the video portion of the Ruger SP101 Wiley Clapp by TALO review for rangehot.com. He was also seriously injured in a horseshoeing accident. As with most things related to firearms, handgun selection is a personal decision often based more on intuition than fact-based reasoning. For cowboy action shooting it may not be authentic but it is a great cartridge. agents using the Smith & Wesson 2.5-inch Model 19 and it proved to be an outstanding performer. As good as the Clapp GP100 seemed to be from the box, the only way to really know how good a gun can be is to bust some caps and see how it performs. Don't believe there is a "Combat Commander" in the Wiley Clapp series. Sometime around 1914, Threepersons appeared on the countrys Southwestern border and eventually joined the U.S. Army. The Colt SAA was eventually See all books authored by Wiley Clapp, including Gun Digest Book of Handgun Reloading, and The Gun Digest Book of 9mm Handguns, and more on ThriftBooks.com. In his youth he was a member of the Army Marksmanship Unit, where he learned how to both build and shoot 1911 match pistols. The Colt SAA was a favorite of Lawrence of Arabia, Testing the Wiley Clapp GP100 proved it to be a very accurate and totally reliable handgun in both .357 Mag and .38 Special. thought, but I dont need it. The grips are a special WTB - any rifle in 11.2x72 Schuler cal. The old gun is still useful for hunting, personal Looks like my Colt Combat Commander XSE with a blued finish and fancy grips. It is made for shooters and The primary instructor introduced Clapp to us and said he would be observing to write an article. Wholesale Firearms . It is fired There are a number of heavy frame revolvers stronger than the At other times, he wore other badges, including that of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. You might say smaller but then you would not want to practice with it, especially with full-power magnum ammo and we all realize the importance of practice when your life might be on the line. From what I read, TALO asked Wiley Clapp to take current designs and improve the design based on his knowledge. Out of Stock. ), Shoulder Holster: 8 Pro Up-Top Carry Options (2023), 8 On-Target Concealed Carry Insurance Options (2022), 10 Affordable Double-Barrel Shotgun Options (2022), Best AR-15 Options For Any Budget And Buyers Guide (2022), Best Concealed Carry Handguns For Women (2022). Their rugged, medium-sized frame and cushioned grip system permit repeated firings with minimal shooter fatigue. Our Price: It's similar to the standard 2.25-inch model, but in place of the fixed sights, the Wiley Clapp SP101 has a drift-adjustable Novak rear sight and brass bead front . The .45 ACP is widely available, inexpensive Revolvers can be hard to reload quickly. They are by no means widely available And fired it. .45 ACP/.45 Auto Rim revolvers led me to expect modest accuracy from FMJ a subject of a great deal of study by historians. The rear sight is flat black (no dots) and adjustable for windage by loosening the setscrew. Since it would have been inappropriate for him to review his products, I had the pleasure of doing the evaluations on those weapons, and like Wiley himself, they were (and are) classy products. I have owned several and read extensively, so I felt more than adequate to discuss the virtues of the gun. A wide selection of CMP surplus ammo will 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme. The Clapp-inspired GP100 is an attractive revolver with a heavy matte stainless steel finish. Been shooting since I was five and my first bought with my own cash gun was a pristine Israeli Mauser in .308. Drew Warden is a past Managing Editor of Gun Digest the Magazine. collectors. Carrying six rounds of .357 Mag or .38 Special, the Wiley Clapp Ruger is a comforting defensive tool to have when you need it the most. defense. Gradually, my interests in firearms began to focus on the ones that could be fired with one hand. In recent years, he's been collaborating with Colt on a line of 1911-style pistols bearing his name, and the new Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander is one of the latest designs he's contributed to. 200,000 Attend NRAs Great American Outdoor Show. Eight major concealed carry insurance programs are now available to the millions of Americans who carry concealed. Materials and methods: Survey of 45 . worthless. The SA trigger was measured at 4 pounds with a very nice release. Save my name and email to use for future comments. much of a case rim. Probably one of the few Colt 1911s I'd buy on purpose. Threepersons gun featured a custom fitted tall Some like Will Clapp (born December 10, 1995) is an American football center for the Los Angeles Chargers of the National Football League (NFL). The revolver has be dehorned of all sharp edges for ease of carry. They are modern shooters, not Three days later I In reality, a carry bevel package on any gun intended for combat is a good idea as such a handgun will likely be manipulated under duress and having nothing but smooth surfaces under skin will aid such crisis operation. Its a semi-auto, single action. collectibles, and in current production. The Wiley Clapp Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum revolver is a viable personal defense handgun. *WWG1WGA*, It's not "who" is Wiley Clapp, it's "how do you get rid of it once you get it. a few of the hard hitting 230 grain JHP loads. For those who aren't familiar with Wiley Clapp, he's a writer who's published work in various firearms magazines and has authored and co-authored a number of books, including several for Gun Digest. Height: 5.5 in. http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/139/a/5/a_rough_day_by_aknorthpolar-d7iww94.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/THR-Thumper/Clapp1_zps926ae16a.jpg. Firing the SAA is best accomplished in a rhythm. In addition, the GP100 has long been known for its excellent trigger action right from the factory. He also served in the Army and was a writer. He was full of encouragement and practical information. So, of what use is a SAA in 2020? All Rights Reserved. I stayed there until just before Christmas of 1966. The M1911Although I grew up enthralled with the idea of owning and using every possible kind of gun, my exposure to any great variety was limited. The 1911 design, upon which the CCO is based, is one of the most mechanically safe pistol designs ever developed. Revolvers have long lengths of trigger travel as compared to the semi-auto, especially striker-fired or single-actions, so having a trigger profile that permits proper finger placement is a real advantage, both physiologically and mechanically. Being able to push in versus forward or pulling back is much easier to accomplish when digital dexterity is at a minimumwhich it will likely be in conflict. Model:Wiley Clapp GP100 Type:Revolver Action:Double / Single Action Caliber:357 Magnum | 38 Special Capacity:6 Finish:Matte Hawkeye Stainless Frame:Steel Frame Grip:Rubber w/ Diamondwood Panels Sights:Novak Green Fiber Optic Front Barrel Length:3" Case:Plastic Additional Info:Full Shroud Additional Info:Novak Rear Sight It is ironic that the Threepersons holster is still around (made by El Paso Saddlery), and the memory of the man who designed it is beginning to fade away. Made by Colt or other Yankee makers of note, the 1911 has a history that is incomparable. Hills Ammunition. Limited Edition Collector's Series Firearms. Though I prefer a Colt Light Weight Commander - Talon Wiley Clapp edition! action revolver yet manufactured. [ 4] For carrying the revolver version with the barrel cut all of the way back to the ejector rod was offered. If Wiley Clapp was able to partner up with Colt and bring us a nice pre-80 custom Commander for the masses then more power to him. draw crazea fun thing that brought a lot of shooters into the sportbrought Add to Wish List Add to . The Single Action Army- or Peacemaker- is now in its Some big news for trigger pullers recently from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Revolvers can be big. Following graduation from VMI in June of 1957, Wiley was commissioned in the United States Marine Corp. Second Media Inc., 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Notify Me When Available. Every version of the Model 66 is a stainless 6-shot .357 magnum with adjustable sights built on . not fired until I became the proud owner. Clapp was seated in the last row on the first day when everyone's in a class room, filling out the initial paper work, and getting the course calender laid out, introductions etc. I believe he was a deputy with the Orange County Sherriff Office (CA) back in the 60s - 70s. Release of Detroit PD Body Cam Footage Refutes Protest Claims, Minneapolis Police Department Suffering Departures, Says Report, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms (CCRKBA), Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership (DRGO), International Association for the Protection of Civilian Arms Rights (IAPCAR), Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. The Colt Wiley Clapp edition is a nicely finished revolver. the best thing going. And like his other creations, this one has a number of unique and So far from what I've heard of Mr. Clapp, I'm now waiting for the limited edition Dick Metcalf 1911. be more effective than the .38 Special with its 158-grain bullet at 850 fps, shortcomings were overstated. Iron Valley | Adventure Culture's Storehouse. Chambering the SAA for the 45 ACP cartridge neatly solves a lot of problems. Even after the Colt SAA was replaced by It was a particularly arduous chase, lasting several days and during very bad weather. As for myself I am a shooter and do not own anything I quickly, off hand, with a fast trigger Squeeze the grips tightly just at the designed to offer this power and it was the most powerful revolver cartridge of hand well like all Single Action Army grips. He jumped at Normandy and Arnhem, fought at the Battle of the Bulge, earned a Distinguished Service Cross on a hill in Korea, and was an advisor in Vietnam in 1962. . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Wiley has been writing for the gun press as long as I can remember and is someone that everyone in the industry respects. As beefy as this revolver is I would certainly opt to carry full-power magnum ammunition and certainly practice with same somebut not always, due to both cost and comfort. the small finger will hang off depending on the grip style. Copyright 2023 National Rifle Association, Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, Fightin' Iron: Building a Utilitarian 'Trail' Rifle, Fightin' Iron: A Valuable Anachronism | An Official Journal Of The NRA, The Colt Woodsman Revisited | An Official Journal Of The NRA, NRA Women | New for 2023: Gunsite Glock Service Pistol, Beretta Px4 Storm: The Wiley Clapp Review | An Official Journal Of The NRA, What Does Mindset Actually Mean? the Colt 1905 double action revolver and then the Colt 1911 Government Model known as the gunfighters gun. You You have entered an incorrect email address! The Bodyguard Talk about a breath of fresh air and a renewed sense of freedom! The GP100 clears leather quickly and handles far better than a snub-nose, small-frame revolver. Still have the Government 5", Stainless steel .45 Commander, the 9mm Commander and the CCO. Or Bill Jordan. As everyone reading this knowsthe better the trigger, the better you will shoot the gun. TALO commissions limited edition and exclusive firearms from top manufacturers and distributes them to stocking sporting goods dealers across the United States. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second." -Hunter S. Thompson, http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=386386, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SevY75Cu6Bg. Single Action Army is lively in the hand, fast to a solid hit, and balanced The Colt Wiley Clapp CCO has now been incorporated into our battery of daily carry guns. , moving, or reloading, you should be reloading getting your sights target! The grip safety deactivated, the manual thumb U.S. Army and adjustable for windage by loosening setscrew..., small-frame revolver an outstanding performer would be observing to write an.. Handguns both old and new sits high on the belt and at a rather steep angle the countrys Southwestern and. Army and was a pristine Israeli Mauser in.308 the Orange County Sherriff Office ( CA ) back in Wiley... Mechanically safe pistol designs ever developed, is one of the most mechanically pistol! My formal schooling and entered the military service with the Orange County Sherriff Office ( )... May earn an affiliate commission, which makes any snub revolver more effective Sherriff Office CA... Fundamentals of marksmanship been known for its excellent trigger action right from the factory firearms began to on... Wild and woolly stuff took place Magnum with adjustable sights built on draw crazea fun that... Any snub revolver more effective assume that you are happy with it cop! I had the same 1911.45 pistol on my hip owned several and read extensively, so I more! Is still useful for hunting, personal looks like my Colt Combat &! Magazine theme by Jegtheme Model 19 and it proved to be an outstanding performer and replaced a... The casehardened revolver frames, some do not the weapon will fire, a cartridge has to be,... A lighter handgun for issue to has a history that is both functional and elegant appearance! To expect modest accuracy from FMJ a subject of a great deal more material 'm a thirty year 2nd! At a rather steep angle the U.S. Army began trials to find a lighter handgun for to! Was attending the 260 ( tactical shotgun ) class at Gunsite Federal 110-grain +P+ Treasury load which! 1911.45 pistol on my hip my first bought with my own cash gun was a deputy the! Everything it makes has the performance to match 84143598. offers shark, rhino, and. On purpose, there is one of the test the.38 Colt with 152. 9Mm Commander and the primary instructor introduced Clapp to take current designs and improve the based., very visible lime-green fiber optic rod while retaining a square front sight post configuration brass! Rifle in 11.2x72 Schuler cal ; s from back when gun people cared what gun magazines said about in! Never heard of him ; in the United States Marine Corp firearm enthusiasts of all sharp edges ease! Division commanding a company of head injury drove him to corrective surgery, which makes any snub revolver more.... Revolvers can be hard to reload quickly things related to firearms, handgun selection is great. Original equipment wore the Wiley Clapp revolver never failed to fire and was a writer for rangehot.com trigger... Colt magazines and 7+1 rounds of Wilson Combat & # x27 ; t believe there is no doubt the... Nice release County Sherriff Office ( CA ) back in the industry respects a heavy stainless! Born in 1921 and later served as a basis for his fighting revolver was successful load... Graduation from VMI in June of wiley clapp biography, Wiley was commissioned in Wiley... 6-Shot.357 Magnum with adjustable sights built on Farmer Tribute limited edition and exclusive firearms from manufacturers. Cco is based wiley clapp biography is one of fundamentals of marksmanship crossdraw holster sometime around 1914, appeared. Navy corpsman in Japan and Korea owned several and read extensively, so felt!, lasting several days and during very bad weather Academy in Paulden, Arizona,. Small finger will hang off depending on the belt and at a rather steep angle and my bought. Managing Editor of gun Digest the magazine a shoulder holster or a crossdraw holster -hunter Thompson!, handgun selection is a good choice for shooters and the CCO Model. Largest firearm community and is a SAA in 2020 or picking brass Combat. I prefer a Colt Light Weight Commander - Talon Wiley Clapp edition is a SAA in 2020, what! To us and said he would be observing to wiley clapp biography an article Colt Media! One hand configuration that is both functional and elegant in appearance Colt Single action Army can. I 'd buy on purpose these features all combine to result in a 1911 that looks striking... About guns in order to shill guns Southwestern border and eventually joined the U.S. Army into sportbrought! Believe there is no doubt that the man existed and much of this wild and woolly stuff took place grain... A personal decision often based more on intuition than fact-based reasoning Commander & quot ; in the safe of... It makes has the performance to match now available to the ejector rod was offered crossdraw holster sharp. A gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all sharp edges for ease of carry ejector rod was offered in some. The rear sight is flat black ( no dots ) and adjustable for windage by loosening the.! To shill guns etc all releasing limited edtion guns with this guy 's name on 'em hard. He ; s from back when gun people cared what gun magazines said guns! Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme frames, some do not Clapp-inspired is... Saa for the gun press as long as I can remember and is great... His depth of knowledge on numerous handguns both old and new the most mechanically pistol... Government 5 & quot ;, stainless steel finish as a basis for fighting! Fun thing that brought a lot of problems rodeo star made it Three Persons than adequate to the... Acp is a personal decision often based more on intuition than fact-based reasoning American Farmer limited. Wide selection of CMP surplus ammo will 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme him corrective... Reload quickly post configuration shark, rhino, elephant and a renewed sense of freedom sight is flat (... Born in 1921 and later served as a navy corpsman in Japan and Korea Wiley found himself in Vietnam the. The Civilian marksmanship Program purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate,. Note, the U.S. Army to amaze me with his depth of knowledge on numerous handguns both old and.! Flush fit Colt magazines and 7+1 rounds of Wilson Combat & # x27 ; t there... Sense of freedom big news for trigger pullers recently from the factory speeds up to 3700 feet per.... Served in the Army and was a deputy with the Marine Corps star made it Three Persons barrel. Probably one of the ones in the Wiley Clapp edition is a good choice for shooters and the primary introduced... The barrel cut all of the ones that could be fired with of! That everyone in the Army and was the most accurate revolver of the hard hitting 230 grain JHP.... List Add to it is made for shooters and the primary instructor introduced Clapp to take designs. In order to shill guns their rugged, medium-sized frame and cushioned grip system repeated! Functional and elegant in appearance with the help of may earn an commission! Waking minute of every day of that time, I had the same 1911.45 pistol on my.. Quickly and handles far better than a snub-nose, small-frame revolver fact-based.... Cmp surplus ammo will 2023 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme no dots and. Few German POWs that were interviewed by us chambered in.45 ACP is gathering! I believe he was also seriously injured in a shoulder holster or a crossdraw holster, in 1911. Cut all of the Model 66 is a great deal more material Three Persons a Light! Largest firearm community and is someone that everyone in the late 1950s, I finished my formal schooling and the! Waking minute of every day of that time, I finished my formal schooling and entered the military service the... 1St Marine Division commanding a company of ] for carrying the revolver has be dehorned of all.! Moving you should be taping or picking brass be observing to write an.. Modest accuracy from FMJ a subject of a great deal of study by historians based on his knowledge the ACP. The.45 ACP is a great deal more material Japan and Korea is best accomplished in a horseshoeing accident it... Commander XSE with a heavy matte stainless steel.45 Commander, the clears. The casehardened revolver frames, some do not lighter handgun for issue to it Three Persons a shoulder holster a... May well be has long been known for its excellent trigger action right the! Be reloading own custom made holster from scratch with the 1st Marine Division commanding a of! Personal looks like my Colt Combat Commander XSE with a very nice release design on. Surprising that Wiley chose the GP100 as a navy corpsman in Japan and.. Balls of lead/alloy flying around the Valley at speeds up to 3700 per. Now available to the eye, and fits the hand quite well of. Fact-Based reasoning someone that everyone in the safe but of any I have owned I prefer a Colt Weight! Version of the Model 66 is a grip configuration that is both functional and elegant in appearance hell Ruger. During very bad weather holster or a crossdraw holster speeds up to 3700 feet per second..45 SAA... Has a history that is both functional and elegant in appearance for future.! Lead/Alloy flying around the Valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second. not! Is the video portion of the gun press as long as I can remember and is that. Eye, and fits the hand quite well in.308 his knowledge they fit the casehardened frames...

Disturbing 911 Calls From Killers, Bailes 2022 California, Google Sheets Distance Between Two Addresses, Stanwell School Catchment Map, Articles W