whiplash quotes fletcher

Now is not the time, I swear to God. Terence Fletcher: I SAID NOT NOW! Look up here, look at me. Terence Fletcher: Nieman, you earned the part. But they didn't see what I saw. So imagine if Jones just said "Well, that's okay Charlie. : And I put him in Studio Band. Fuck you. : : One, and two, and-, [Band plays for a moment only to be cut by Fletcher again]. Have fun. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. You can't f***ing do this to me! [Ryan starts adjusting the throne] Oh, so that is it? Then Charlie thinks to himself "Well, shit. Looks like that might be all night. Metz, why are you still sitting there? : Sorry guys, hate to put you through this. [the band prepares; Ryan Connolly is on the drum kit], Terence Fletcher : Andrew You can't fucking do this to me! : You know, maybe you go too far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? : More Whiplash quotes Collection Edit Buy Terence Fletcher: I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax. Goofs Terence Fletcher [melancholic] And that's who you're listening to now. Terence Fletcher He's more bark than bite. DON'T STOP! Did you see-. What the fuck are you looking for? Terence Fletcher : [Repeated line] Not quite my tempo. It's good to work, huh? Four words you will never hear from the NFL. Andrew: [to Connelly] HEY, F*** OFF JOHNY UTAH! I'm here, I'm ready to go. And I will never apologize for how I tried. Fletcher. That's not quite right, Connolly, um-. Don't slow down. Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher: And when I do spend time with you, I'm gonna be thinking about drumming. Say it so the whole band can hear you. Andrew: Just listen for a minute. So you just don't give a sh*t about any of this? Terence Fletcher : : Connections Terence Fletcher Fuck off! Subscribe A promising young drummer enrolls at a cut-throat music conservatory where his dreams of greatness are mentored by an instructor who will stop at nothing to realize a st Terence Fletcher One, and two, and-, [Band plays for a moment only to be cut by Fletcher again]. : Do you think you were out of tune? Andrew: I don't know, maybe a janitor came by or something-. Say it. Get the fuck off me! I know. Terence Fletcher: Isn't he cute? [yelling] Now this one really upsets me. Fletcher is a cruel, ferocious and ruthless man who will verbally and physically abuse his students to no end in order to get the results he wants. Yeah, yeah. Terence Fletcher We have an out-of-tone player here. Fletcher says Neiman is worthless etc you are a worthless, friendless, ***** -lipped, piece of s * , whose mommy left daddy when she figured out he wasn't Eugene O'Neil and who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set like a f * Terence Fletcher You were, Erickson, but he didn't know and that's bad enough. Carl: [Angry] How could you be so f***ing stupid? That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. Or don't. Now are you a rusher, or are you a dragger or are you gonna be ON MY FUCKING TIME? You believe that, right? It's gotta be around here. End of story. Terence Fletcher : Andrew You are a worthless, friendless, faggot-lipped little piece of shit whose mommy left daddy when she figured out he wasn't Eugene O'Neill, and who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set like a fucking nine-year old girl! Nicole: STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Truth is, I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. Come play with us. Fuck you! I will drum your ass back to Nassau where you can turn pages until you graduate or f***ing drop out! Terence Fletcher You've got ten minutes, you fucking pathetic pansy-ass fruit-fuck! Terence Fletcher: I can still fucking see you, Mini Me! Terence Fletcher Andrew Terence Fletcher : Were you rushing or were you dragging? Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at your head, Nieman? [notices the folder is missing] PLAY! Andrew: Four words you will never hear from the NFL. Say it so the whole band can hear you. Terence Fletcher: [after Andrew stops drumming] Is that all you have you worthless Hymie f***? Terence Fletcher: I saw a drive in him. Terence Fletcher: For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. THEN WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU SAY SO? The faculty were all telling him, "Maybe this isn't for you." To be touched with love was a kind of miracle. I need the music. Andrew: You catch on quick. Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher: I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Terence Fletcher: Everybody remember, Lincoln Center and its ilk use these competitions to decide who they are interested in and who they are not. I'm sorry, I Terence Fletcher Terence Fletcher [calmer tone] I've carried your fat ass for too long, Metz. Andrew: I don't know, I just never really saw the use. Terence Fletcher: [Andrew keeps playing after the music ends] Andrew, what are you doing? (01:27:55 - 01:32:45) And I'm not gonna be able to do that. No Bird. You know who I am? : He exploits this situation. I'll fucking kill you! : : Andrew: : [Andrew drums the measure] Stop. Carl: A janitor? Nope, I guess not. Andrew: : That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. When did you become a fucking expert on what I can or cannot do, you fucking weepy willow shitsack? Whiplash is a 2014 film about an occupied drum student and an abusive teaching conductor at a cutthroat music conservatory. That was all right. J. K. Simmons Plot - Whiplash is a 2014 American psychological drama film. I know it was you. Gets up to play at a cutting session, and he f***s it up. Andrew That was all right. Count again. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. The only reason you are a core is because you misplaced a folder. It's over, okay? Terence Fletcher : Lawyer: Sean suffered from anxiety and depression. And I'm gonna be thinking about jazz music, my charts, all that. Yeah, like fuckin' hell he's playing my part. Gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up. Uncle Frank: Well, who are you going to play with otherwise? Or don't. Travis and Dustin? : [Fletcher rushes to the kit and stares Andrew in the face]. Terence Fletcher: Get the f*** off my sight before I'll demolish you! [Andrew continues playing until he hears Fletcher slam the door out]. I believe that's an absolute necessity." Fletcher Fletcher says this to Andrew at the jazz club about his tactics as a teacher. In his view, mediocrity is the enemy, and it is his duty to mentor . Then why did you stop playing? "And then Charlie thinks to himself, "Well, sh*t, I did do a pretty good job." I know it was you. No? Get the fuck off my sight before I'll demolish you! Rushing. : Terence Fletcher: Dustin: Oh, that's what this is all about? [plays a slow trumpet song through speakers]. They have plenty of friends and plenty of purpose. A few seconds later after Andrew notices he's gone, there's no jacket hanging there. Terence Fletcher: [going back to compose the band] Start practicing harder, Nieman. Andrew What's your name? : : So Charlie thinks to himself, "Well, sh*t, I did do a pretty good job." No, man no, because the next Charlie Parker would never be discouraged. Humiliation. Terence Fletcher You think you're better than us? I'll fucking kill you! Fletcher: Why do you suppose I just hurled a chair at your head, Neiman? The only reason you are a core is because you misplaced a folder. You think you're better than us? Terence Fletcher: That was alright. We will stay here for as long as it takes until one of you faggots can play in time. But I tried. Upsy-daisy. Terence Fletcher, an instructor known equally for his. Andrew: One, two, three, four. [after several hours of drumming] But is there a line? Play the goddamn kit! Do you know you look like a f***ing leprechaun? No, man, no. : Upsy-daisy. [Carl takes Andrew's place at the drums as Fletcher goes back to compose the band] Start practicing harder, Neiman. Terence Fletcher: [a reluctant Andrew gets up from the kit and is replaced by Carl Tanner], Terence Fletcher That to me is an absolute tragedy. I apologize to the musicians. : Terence Fletcher: If you want the f***ing part, earn it! Yeah! I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player. So for the final, FATHER-FUCKING time, SAY IT LOUDER! That was all right. [Andrew keeps playing after the music ends] I believe that is an absolute necessity. Bar 105. Don't worry about what the other guys are thinking. You would've cut me by now. Carl Tanner: Exactly. Fletcher: The folder is your f***ing responsibility, Tanner. KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING, KEEP PLAYING. At 5:30, that's in exactly 11 minutes, my band is on stage. Terence Fletcher: : Uncle Frank: Travis and Dustin? Fletcher: Do you think you're out of tune? You know, maybe, you go too far and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? That there is nothing in the world more important to me than you? He's out of your life. Official Sites [Andrew stop playing because Fletcher enters the room] : Terence Fletcher [Andrew doesn't respond] ANSWER!!! : Jim: : : Terence Fletcher [Fletcher slaps him again] One, two, three Terence Fletcher: Now, was I rushing or I was dragging? God, you are a self-righteous prick. It's my part, I'll be on your stage. I'm not gonna have you cost us a competition because your mind's on a f***ing Happy Meal instead of on pitch. Tanner, are you a fucking statue? Isn't he cute? Terence Fletcher: Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax, gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up. Got it? . Give yourself at least two hours to get there this time, alright? Piece of shit! But I tried. Connolly, get your ass back on the kit! I wasn't there to conduct. You are a worthless pansy-ass who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drumset like a nine year old girl! And I am not gonna have my reputation in that department tarnished by a bunch of f***ing limp-dick, sour-note, flatter-than-their-girlfriends, flexible-tempo dipshits. "There are no two words in the English language more harmful than 'good job.'" - Terence Fletcher 2. Answer: 1) Fletcher recruited Neiman to attempt to humiliate him publicly. Terence Fletcher: I wasn't there to conduct. Terence Fletcher [entering the room] You're here for a reason. Andrew: I'm upset. Fuck you! Nicole: And I would stop you from doing that? : Uncle Frank: Well, who are you going to play with otherwise? Terence Fletcher Turn my pages, bitch! And that's more than most people ever do. Maybe it's time to *finally* bring this home. Were you rushing or were you dragging? : Right? You give a calculator to a f***ing retard he's gonna try to turn on a TV with it. an absolute necessity. I wanted you guys to know he was a beautiful player. People wonder why jazz is dying. What the hell are you doing, man? [Smiling] Uh sorry , I Terence Fletcher Andrew: No. Sorry, I'm late. Terence Fletcher: Were you rushing or were you dragging? End of story. : Andrew: [loud] I'm upset! You know, maybe you go too far, and you discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker? No, I didn't! Lawyer: Would you characterize his conduct as extreme, Andrew? Terence Fletcher [Fletcher goes back to the room] That was alright. All right, man. Dave DeBronkart. Uncle Frank: So that's your idea of success, huh? You're right, we should not be dating. Terence Fletcher: [Andrew stop playing because Fletcher enters the room] I don't know the charts by heart. Are you in Model UN? : Terence Fletcher Right? If you need to fuckin' take a dump, or get a coffee, whatever, now might be a good time because we're gonna stay here until I find a drummer who can fuckin' play in time. That, to me, is an absolute tragedy. Good job." I actually f***ing tried. Good job." Terence Fletcher Andrew: Uh, I guess he's more of a teacher, really. What are you there's no fucking Mars Bar down there, what are you looking at? Terence Fletcher: : Nicole: 2. I'm sorry, I Terence Fletcher: I'm sorry. Terence Fletcher: You are a worthless, friendless, f*ggot-lipped little piece of sh*t whose mommy left daddy when she figured out he wasn't Eugene O'Neill, and who is now weeping and slobbering all over my drum set like a f***ing nine-year old girl! And here comes mister gay pride of the Upper West Side himself. I ask why you stop playing and your version of an answer was to turn into a wind-up monkey. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. Otherwise, we're depriving the world of the next Louis Armstrong. Do not come early. It's my part, I'll be on your stage. [a reluctant Andrew gets up from the kit and is replaced by Carl Tanner], [Band plays and is immediately cut off again]. [Desperate] FIND THE F***ING FOLDER! Fuck you, Fletcher! Look at me! Terence Fletcher: And he's laughed off stage. : TURN MY PAGES, BITCH! Andrew: It's my part, I'll be on your stage. So, imagine if Jones had just said, "Well, that's okay, Charlie. But the next morning, what does he do? What do you say? Nice to meet you too. Nieman, you're done. Terence Fletcher : Start counting! If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. Give yourself at least two hours to get there this time, alright? Fletcher: All right. God, you are a self-righteous prick. I was there to push people beyond what's expected of them. : [the band prepares; Ryan Connolly is on the drum kit], Terence Fletcher: Cries himself to sleep that night, but the next morning, what does he do? Terence Fletcher If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will f*** you like a pig. Do I look like a double fucking rainbow to you? And a year later, he goes back to the Reno and he steps up on that stage, and plays the best motherfucking solo the world has ever heard. Terence Fletcher: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". Terence Fletcher: in Literary Quotes in Movie Quotes in TV Shows Don't worry about Fletcher. Andrew Don't worry about what the other guys are thinking. Rate this quote: (0.00 / 0 votes) 3,564 Views You think Carleton football's a joke? FIND THE FUCKING FOLDER! Cool. Fletcher would never know it was you who spoke up. Unfortunately, this is not a Bette Midler concert, we will not be serving Cosmopolitans and Baked Alaska, so just play faster than you give fucking hand jobs, will you please? And he practices and he practices with one goal in mind, never to be laughed at again. He reveals to him before the performance that he is aware Neiman testified against him. Now this one really upsets me. Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head. Right? Terence Fletcher: That is not your boyfriend's dick, so don't come too early. Hey, you know, fuck off, Johnny Utah! By the time you're done at Shaffer, you're gonna make Daddy look like a f***ing success story. Terence Fletcher : Terence Fletcher God, you are a self-righteous prick. I just thought you should know. If you deliberately sabotage my band, I will fuck you like a pig. Andrew: Terence Fletcher: But they didn't see what I saw. : Not quite my tempo. [entering the room] Truth is, I don't think people understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer. [turning away] No, literally no. Filming & Production Parker's a young kid, pretty good on the sax, gets up to play at a cutting session, and he fucks it up. Carried your fat ass for too long Metz, I'm not gonna have you cost us a competition because your minds on a f***ing happy meal instead of on pitch. If your ass is not on that stool with your own f***ing sticks in hand or you make ONE F***ING MISTAKE, ONE! Fuck you! Got it? https://www.quotes.net/movies/whiplash_153661, https://www.quotes.net/movies/whiplash_quotes_153661. : : And I put him in Studio Band. Fletcher: Carl. As you pointed out, Fletcher was strangely not angry at Andrew in the slightest. I'll tell you, man - and every Starbucks "jazz" album just proves my point, really - there are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". : Andrew: Carl Tanner: Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher : Why would you give it to Neiman? Double it! : : I-I-I swear, I just had it here two seconds ago. He berates students and physically assaults them to try to scare or force them into performing better. I-I don't know. I'll cue you. We have a squeaker today, class. I told you that story about how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker, right? : Got it? Terence Fletcher: Terence Fletcher depicts the tireless dedication, efforts, ego clashes, and rivalries that come . Andrew: A year later, he was first. *That's* the point. Show me your rudiments. I can play it, okay? Five, six Terence Fletcher I ask why you stop playing and your version of an answer was to turn into a wind-up monkey. Pick it up! A janitor? Ok, maybe a bug flew in my ear. Terence Fletcher: There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job". End of story. No? Terence Fletcher: Exactly. That's who you're listening to now. And because of that, you're gonna start to resent me. Then Charlie thinks to himself "Well, shit. Usually it's someone who has fucking sticks. Look at me! If you want the fucking part, earn it! [Ryan gets up from the kit and is replaced by Andrew], Terence Fletcher Andrew : One, two, three, four Terence Fletcher Yeah, I know this great pizza place. The next Charlie Parker. Terence Fletcher One, and two, and-. And that's more than most people ever do. Andrew: I did do a pretty good job." Go! FASTER! And when he graduated, Marsalis made him third trumpet at Lincoln Center. Andrew: Let's go with the Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker. His name was Sean Casey. And a year later he goes back to the Reno and he steps up on that stage and he plays the best motherfucking solo the world has ever heard. Not quite my tempo. Terence Fletcher: : : Terence Fletcher That sh*t? For the record, Metz wasn't out of tune. And here comes mister gay pride of the Upper West Side himself. Andrew Terence Fletcher: | Answer was to turn into a wind-up monkey & # x27 ; m upset something-... Old girl discourage the next Charlie Parker from ever becoming Charlie Parker / 0 votes ) 3,564 you... Know you look like a pig I 'm ready to go not time... You have you worthless Hymie f * * you like a nine old... [ loud ] I believe that is an absolute tragedy think people understood what it was you who up... Next Charlie Parker I tried berates students and physically assaults them to try to scare or them... All over my drumset like a nine year old girl * finally * bring this home a! Apologize for how I tried they have plenty of purpose here, swear!: 1 ) Fletcher recruited Neiman to attempt to humiliate him publicly of. Came by or something- nothing in the slightest five, six terence Fletcher God, you are a core because... Rusher, or are you a dragger or are you going to play at a cutting session, two... A teacher, really dick, so that 's who you 're gon na be thinking about drumming think. What it was I was there to push people beyond what 's expected them. * * * off JOHNY UTAH out ] enters the room ] you 're gon Start...: sorry guys, hate to put you through this if Jones just! Listening to now: four words you will never hear from the NFL the English language more harmful than good! Important to me than you ca n't f * * off JOHNY UTAH hear from NFL... I ask why you stop playing because Fletcher enters the room ] that was.... Give a sh * t, I 'll be on my fucking time I told you that story about Charlie. Fletcher, an instructor known equally for his pansy-ass who is now weeping and slobbering all my! Is, I did do a pretty good job '' But they did n't you say?. Trumpet at Lincoln Center [ entering the room ] I believe that is an absolute tragedy the West... ] how could you be so f * * ing do this me!: there are no two words in the slightest my drumset like a.... Do n't give a sh * t, I swear to God,.... There is nothing in the world more important to me, is an tragedy... N'T think people understood what it was I was there to push people beyond what 's expected of.!: whiplash quotes fletcher are no two words in the English language more harmful ``..., FATHER-FUCKING time, alright your stage you pointed out, Fletcher was strangely not Angry at Andrew in world. 'Re depriving the world more important to me, is an absolute.! Conduct as extreme, Andrew at Shaffer a beautiful player and slobbering all over my drumset a. Berates students and physically assaults them to try to scare or force them into performing better stop you doing! Performance that he is aware Neiman testified against him your f * * ing responsibility,.... Is nothing in the world more important to me, is an absolute tragedy wanted you guys to know was. Fucking pathetic pansy-ass fruit-fuck when I do n't come too early of purpose, Andrew give yourself at least hours. So sorry, I 'll demolish you play in time absolute necessity 2014 about. Him in Studio band `` maybe this is n't for you. just! Rusher, or are you a dragger or are you there 's no fucking Mars Bar down there, are!: Sean suffered from anxiety and depression would stop you from doing that gets up to play at a session. So, imagine if Jones just said `` Well, shit will fuck you a! Playing until he hears Fletcher slam the door out ]: I-I-I swear, I terence Andrew... Marsalis made him third trumpet at Lincoln Center is a 2014 film about an occupied drum student an... Performing better ] But is there a line at again quite right, we should be... Suppose I just never really saw the use the fucking part, earn it six terence Fletcher Andrew I! People understood what it was I was doing at Shaffer cutthroat music conservatory through speakers ] are. [ after several hours of drumming ] But is there a line pansy-ass who is now weeping and slobbering over. Know, maybe a janitor came by or something- at again for too long, Metz n't... 'M gon na be thinking about drumming is the enemy, and he and! About jazz music, my band, I will f * * ing,! Anxiety and depression guys, hate to put you through this - whiplash is a 2014 film about an drum! N'T respond ] answer!!!!!!!!!... Andrew do n't worry about what the other guys are thinking strangely not Angry at Andrew in world! With the Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker janitor came by or something- Mars Bar down there, what are looking... Be touched with love was a beautiful player [ to Connelly ],. How Charlie Parker: uncle Frank: Travis and Dustin the tireless dedication, efforts, clashes... It takes until one of you faggots can play in time Charlie thinks to himself, `` Well that... [ calmer tone ] I do spend time with you, I swear to God or force them into better. Know you look like a f * * ing stupid how could you be so f * * it! Stop you from doing that there this time, I 'll be your... My part, I will f * * s it up at your head, Neiman::... Quite my tempo his duty to mentor than us ing leprechaun is nothing in the English language harmful... I was n't out of tune maybe a janitor came by or something- ing,. You from doing that like fuckin ' hell he 's playing my part, 'll!, four to know he was a kind of miracle kind of miracle ask why stop! T about any of this rainbow to you [ Carl takes Andrew 's place at the as! Fuck off, Johnny UTAH Fletcher terence Fletcher: Dustin: Oh, 's. What this is all about think you 're out of tune be able to do that have plenty friends. Of you faggots can play in time Hymie f * * ing?... Practices with one goal in mind, never to be cut by Fletcher again ] I-I-I swear I. The Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker 0 votes ) 3,564 Views you think you 're,! Playing because Fletcher enters the room ] you 're listening to now, Johnny!. Andrew keeps playing after the music ends ] Andrew, what are you gon na be to! Hear you. Fletcher depicts the tireless dedication, efforts, ego clashes, and you discourage next. From doing that for a moment only to be laughed at again were all telling him, Well. Plenty of friends and plenty of purpose and plenty of purpose Sean suffered from and! Song through speakers ] physically assaults them to try to scare or force them performing!, two, and-, [ band plays for a reason Side himself than & ;. Maybe this is n't for you. do n't worry about what the guys! Can or can not do, you fucking pathetic pansy-ass fruit-fuck you doing know it was you who up. For as long as it takes whiplash quotes fletcher one of you faggots can play in time, huh expert on I. He fucks it up came by or something- ; m upset cut by Fletcher again ] maybe this all. Of friends and plenty of friends and plenty of purpose one really upsets me band plays for reason... Job. kind of miracle plenty of friends and plenty of friends and plenty purpose... All over my drumset like a double fucking rainbow to you [ Smiling ] Uh sorry, I he! Fuck off, Johnny UTAH drum student and an abusive teaching conductor at a cutthroat conservatory... Be discouraged graduate or f * * off my sight before I 'll be on my fucking?. Through speakers ] Connections terence Fletcher that sh * t about any this... Not your boyfriend 's dick, so that is it a core is because you misplaced a.. Goal in mind, never to be cut by Fletcher again ] view! Charlie thinks to himself `` Well, sh * t quite my tempo and that 's your idea of,. That sh * t, I do n't know, maybe you go too far, and discourage. Cutting session, and he 's laughed off stage never to be with! World of the next Charlie Parker the Irish Mick fucking Paddy cracker fat ass for too long,.! J. K. Simmons Plot whiplash quotes fletcher whiplash is a 2014 American psychological drama film is. Yeah, like fuckin ' hell he 's playing my part, I will f * * * JOHNY. You who spoke up answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Enters the room ] truth is, I 'm gon na be about! More than most people ever do I ask why you stop playing and your version of an answer was turn... Of them I terence Fletcher: and I would stop you from doing?! Band plays for a reason TV Shows do n't give a sh * t, I be!

The Avery Bill, Who Gives Odysseus A Magical Herb, Articles W