when is the next van nuys cruise night

Cruising was back, big time! width: 100%; Green said he used to come with his friends all the way from the Westside to join the cruising. New 2023 Lincoln Navigator Black Label in Van Nuys, CA 5LMJJ2TG3PEL04709 The second one totally deserves a frame around and hanged on my office, then people will ask me: Hey man, was that your Mustang? This comment, in a nutshell, tells us why things were better and more fun back then ; a little personal responsibility and lots of freedom. width: 100%; kids in the photos are now approaching sixty years of age, a few are even Those pictured were high. Since the car is a four door, Gardado put the Uber sticker on the window; However, since the car is older than 2000, he cant use it to pick up riders. Far cry from todays plasti-dip craze. From a purely technical standpoint, all of these images It really depends on the cruise line often the captains dinner is by invitation only. Although I personally had not participated in the boulevard scene since 1966, I knew it well and it was remarkably easy to feel right at home again on the street. var pid435068 = window.pid435068 || rnd; As a private individual, Van Nuys was the founder of Hollywood Cemetery. var abkw = window.abkw || ''; A driver was hospitalized Saturday evening after crashing into a Van Nuys apartment building Saturday evening. border-color: #000000; Best cruise night in 20 years. But they all moved to other places. This was the dreaded Valley to those of us at the beach, but we all knew about cruising Van Nuys! Watch the video to understand better; weve got more pics to come shortly. On most nights, Van Nuys Boulevard is a dilapidated collection of storefronts, and while it serves its purpose as a major thoroughfare across the San Fernando Valley, the dreary locale has a face that only a mother could love. A situation that would soon 18 years of age during the previous half-dozen tumultuous years. Go-to place to discover events for more than 20M people globally. Book the best deals of hotels to stay close to San Fernando Valley Mini Maker Faire with the lowest price guaranteed by Trip.com! The good old days vs reality! But looking at the pics I was sold at the girls in pic 1. Of course, you realize that all those hot chicks are grandmothers now. var AdButler = AdButler || {}; AdButler.ads = AdButler.ads || []; border: 1px solid; People have the wrong idea about gas back then; feeding the typical V8 car back then was NOT cheap. 7 cruise lines where you dont have to dress up for dinner. forever. THANK YOU for posting these wonderful photos ! Hundreds of motorheads have converged on Van Nuys Boulevard in Los Angeles for a lowrider cruise night.. Lowriders - customized vintage vehicles featuring extravagant paint jobs and wire-spoke . What city hosts the best Cruise Night? border-color: #000000; even spun donuts! This pretty much went on all night long on the big I love how people wait breathlessly for the newest cellphone and make ridiculous unboxing videos as if were going to see something AWESOME.., No its a black rectangle. var absrc = 'https://servedbyadbutler.com/adserve/;ID=171804;size=0x0;setID=435068;type=js;sw='+screen.width+';sh='+screen.height+';spr='+window.devicePixelRatio+';kw='+abkw+';pid='+pid435068+';place='+(plc435068++)+';rnd='+rnd+';click=CLICK_MACRO_PLACEHOLDER'; . Had to do it quick before the insurance company towed the 66s remains away. People riding in the back of a pickup truck without getting arrested. Sometimes Colorado Blvd on Thursdays too. feel a great lightening of spiritand this was nowhere more evident than Van Nuys never disappoints. I was 11 in 1972, and not from California, but theres so much here that reminds me of when I was in high school on the other side of the country 6 years later. var plc435071 = window.plc435071 || 0; Greene located same car model, bought it, and now cruises the Blvd again on Wednesday cruise nights. } . Del Monte, our street. Most dont get past fart cans, hot air intakes, wings, spray bombing the interior, bolting on some cheesy eBay HID LED light housings, and maybe some Chinese Enkie wheel knockoffs before moving onto a newer faster car after realizing they ruined their last one. Book the best deals of hotels to stay close to James C Corman Federal Building with the lowest price guaranteed by Trip.com! These photos and fine memories are what are left. And of course the pretty girls with long 70s hair that will always look great. Cool to see elements of what many would consider to be the early days of the Lowrider scene here. Very cool. And without the worry of that alley. But at least, with the four-cylinder and a stickshift, I could finally afford transportation. Which is your favorite ride? With a starting time of 5 pm, the cruise may have started off at a snails pace, but by 7 pm, it was in full effect with many of the usual suspects on the Blvd. I lived through the era and watched, while driving my 1973 Dodge Dart Custom sedan and 1978 Dodge Aspen station wagon (loaded) but certainly not cool. Look at this mans personal collection in Colorado, just outstanding. Also, I deliberately worked Few delve deep into engine swaps and even fewer bother getting them running right. Every generation gets hit with this. Nobody is perfect but the two girls in the white shorts are very, very close. For one night a month, Van Nuys Cruise Night is a celebration of community, family tradition, and artistic self-expression that can, and should be, appreciated by all. Not only could we hear the young peoples cars cruising on the boulevard, . Me and my friends, by the way, would have been the 4 dudes stuffed into the VW in the picture above the one with the girl and the tire. This might also be great fun, after Where were you in 72? Watch popular content from the following creators: 818_Danny(@818_danny), rucababy(@rucababyy), user8364077837671(@lindz_87), Lowrider Syndicate(@lowridersyndicate), Lowrider Syndicate(@lowridersyndicate) . var rnd = window.rnd || Math.floor(Math.random()*10e6); I was at a car show last weekend.A friend of mine told me Van Nuys blvd cruise nights were back. .table_d2e189 { -Nate. Bobs Drive-In, then making a quick right turn on Magnolia followed by Our new home (not quite new, built in 1949) was on We did that a lot back then. After 6 years, cruising returned to Van Nuys Blvd on Wednesday, Cruises are the third Wednesday of every month..Please remember to eat on the boule See more 2,725 people like this 2,879 people follow this Community Photos See all There have been allegations that the Van Nuys protests are an LAPD setup. Due to popular demand, Cruising has returned on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. On Saturday, March 20th, we hit the Van Nuys Blvd Cruise Night, and it didnt disappoint. A similar scene has played out in some form in Van Nuys, where the history of cruising is just as rich. Please Couldnt afford to as a non union framer I.m pretty clear eyed about the past. Share this: Like this: Loading. . Wednesday of the month. Amazingly, . Yes, pushing or past typical retirement age, like me. like comment and subscribe for more! lots, one-story rambler homes---all fairly new, and no sidewalks, just The first night a friend of mine bought his 67 Corvette 427 tri power he had to fill his gas tank 3 times. . We didnt have rivals back then, he said. Im not from the California area, but Ive been in the LA area a few times in the 60s & 70s and Id enjoyed every minute of it.California is a far cry from from here in New York City. I highly recommend it. Exact blocks on Van Nuys Blvd may vary each Cruise Night. I could fill the tank and eat for a $5 bill, drive almost all night long and still make it to school then work the next day . border-color: #000000; Van Nuys (Cruise Night) Lyrics Down in the valley something stirs You don't need no Jaguar or Thunderbird Get down under the valley skies And go cruising on Van Nuys It's Van Nuys. (Photo by David Crane/Los Angeles Daily News-SCNG, Chris Mills 1956 custom Chevy Implala is one of the hottest cars on the Wednesday cruise night in Van Nuys. Assuming theyre still alive, of course. Since he looks at least half a generation older than the people in the other pics Im leaning to the latter. came out and blocked the end of the alley. It is gone, probably forever. } Remembering the past. Parking: Street parking available. Its a whole different world today. Then and especially now. Wednesday night was cruise night, I knew this very well block, the entire length of the treed block along the boulevard directly Well, to put the all-night dusty donuts and racing engines to an end, Van Nuys Blvd. 5043 Van Nuys Blvd no longerwelcomes cruisers to come park and hang out. January 28, 2023 94 comments. At that time I was running a body shop trying to emulate the California Custom styles. Discover short videos related to van nuys cruise night on TikTok. in my series were mostly shot on Wednesday nights, but a few were also Back in Cruise Night, , . -->. Ah, come on now, that camper is awesome! border-color: #000000; While we did see a Plymouth or two, a Dodge Daytona, and a ham sangwich at the Four 'N 20 Grill & Bakery, we did not experience any negative waves whatsoever at this cruise night back in April. Here are the pictures from that evening. So, jump in the car and cruise the Van Nuys Boulevard of 1953 with a member of the original cast. concentrate on composition and on timing. Locals are likely to point out there is some crime with the need to stay aware of your surroundings. Over the years, thanks to his passion, he was able to meet new friends and witness how the familiar neighborhood has changed. Cragars and white line tires look awesome together. border: 1px solid; } Folks talked endlessly about the violent gangs but I never once saw even a fist fight, after the L.A.P.D. The hair and the clothing styles, those were spot on through the rest of the 70s until I guess I stopped paying attention to what people were wearing at some point in the early 80s. AdButler.ads.push({handler: function(opt){ AdButler.register(171804, 435071, [300,600], 'placement_435071_'+opt.place, opt); }, opt: { place: plc435071++, keywords: abkw, domain: 'servedbyadbutler.com', click:'CLICK_MACRO_PLACEHOLDER' }}); if (!window.AdButler){(function(){var s = document.createElement("script"); s.async = true; s.type = "text/javascript";s.src = 'https://servedbyadbutler.com/app.js';var n = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; n.parentNode.insertBefore(s, n);}());} They wrote a few tickets, found some folks with open beers, reminded everyone that they were in control, and shooed everyone out at least for an hour or two. But thanks to a cooperation between local government officials, the police department, and the various attending car clubs, the event has been revitalized in recent years. And technologically, theyre miles ahead of anything we were doing in our twenties. to be on stage, to perform and to be photographed. Van Nuys doesnt have a sparkling reputation for safety. There will never be a time like that ever again in either L.A. or San Diego. Oh, and the girl framed in the Goodyear tire? Golden time.my Dad was in California in early seventies,going to UCLA.He had the time of his life.if only the seventyNine revolution had never happend,we could have stay friends forever.Hopefully someday we will be close friends again. Among other things the government set the ticket prices. -->. width: 100%;