thompson center venture 2 extended magazine

I have become a regular cus Works well not sure if made by T/C but locks in well. No restocking fee on new and unopened items! We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! Learn more about our Return Policy. Upgrades include a new Generation II trigger for both the Venture II and Compass II models, with the Compass II also offering a threaded barrel, and a new compact version. We do need to comment though, that Hydro-dipping does a good job of applying a wrap style finish to a rifle, but it does not offer any corrosion protection (at least very little) and its durability is not that good. Manufacturer: Thompson Center Model: Venture Predator Model Number: 10175470 Caliber: 308 Win, 223 Rem, 22-250, 204 Ruger Barrel: Medium Weight, 5R rifling Barrel Length: 22" (559mm) Twist: 1:12" RH (.308), 1:10" RH (.300 Win Mag) Magazine: 3 Round DBM Trigger: Adjustable, 3.5-5 lbs Stock: Composite Stock with Hogue Rubberized Camo Panels It has minimum recoil and its dead on at 150 yards. The rifle comes with two single-slot Weaver-style scope bases secured to the receiver with Torx screws. All are threaded 5/8x24 except for the .223 version, which sports 1/2x28 threads. Fits: Smith & Wesson 27,28 Ruger .357 Redhawk One year warranty. CARBINE!! Required fields are marked *, Visit our friends and partners at Nortrack for tracking and other tactical training, Composite Stock with Hogue Rubberized Camo Panels. We have been using some M80 ammo recently to give an idea of performance with some not very good ammo. I have shot many groups under an inch @100yds. Thompson Center Arms Magazine, Dimension B, .243/.308/30 TC/7mm-08, 3Rd, Fits Venture, Black Finish 55019838 Between its accuracy, Weather Shield metal treatment and great trigger, theres plenty to recommend the new Venture II. When the firing tests first started, the bolt was difficult to close on a live round which we believed was due to the stiffness of the new extractor. Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Fits: 7 Round Colt magazines, Llama .45 caliber Auto Ordnance 1911-A1 and Pitbull Springfield Armory 1911-A1 One year warranty. Works equally well right or left handed. Detachable 3 shot magazine. In Roubaix there are 96.990 folks, considering 2017 last census. The Venture II is the higher priced of the two$525 versus $405, suggested retailand is being positioned as the companys flagship bolt-action rifle. Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $49 to the Problem is the 3 round magazine capacity. Engineered with legendary Thompson Center quality, the Magazines delivers the excellent performance you expect. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! All of them. Both screws use a 7/64 Allen wrench. by All rights reserved. The Compass has an MSRP of $399 and features an adjustable trigger, a threaded, free float barrel in a pillar bedded stock, and a 5 round detachable magazine. Thompson Center Venture Magnum Long Action 3 Round Black Magazine (9832) $ 33.54. 3-5 business days. Different from conventional 6-groove rifling, 5R rifling results in less deformation of the bullet jacket and a better gas seal. Add to Wish list. UPC: 090161043374. Of the five loads, the only ammunition the rifle didnt care for was Federal Fusion. Thompson/Center has its work cut out for it with the Venture II, to be sure. Just dont expect too much from it. There followed a series of less-expensive bolt guns: the Venture (2009), the novel switch-barrel Dimension (2012, since discontinued) and the Compass (2016). The bolt handle has a curious shape to it and it is a bit stubby with an interesting bend, but also thick and robust. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. The Venture II is our bolt-action rifle that is value-priced but is packed with features that are usually found on higher-priced rifles. This model was an economical version of the T/C Icon. 1978 THOMPSON/CENTER ARMS Magazine Ad - At THOMPSON/CENTER We Use A Laser! 175 Federal Match shoots .75MOA or better. There is no bottom metal. The pistol grip is swept back in the traditional hunter stock configuration and it makes for a longer stretch to reach the trigger than is normally found on a tactical style stock with a more vertical pistol grip. Thompson Center Magazines | Up to 43% Off on 6 Products | OpticsPlanet.com Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Sign In or Register All Deals 8966 Seasonal Promotions Coupons Bonus Bucks Free Express Shipping Mail-in Rebates Clearance Free Gift w/ Purchase Instant Savings On Sale All Deals Demo/Open Box Best Rated New Products Gift Guides Gift Cards Optics The lever features a relatively broad, serrated square at the top, and the throw is fairly short. This was the same complaint we had about the Ruger rifle as well and we will talk more about barrel later in the review. Faster and easier than ever before, HKS magazine speedloaders quickly load single stack magazines. Outside to outside of rings is 3.94. The forearm of the stock does have a decent amount of flex to it, but the barrel channel is wide enough to allow for a free floated barrel even when using a sandbag or bipod that applies pressure to that forearm. The stock has a straight comb, which I found to be on the narrow side. Pre-Owned $7.00 magazineads (203) 100% Buy It Now +$6.00 shipping Sponsored The revolver speedloaders allow you to reload your revolver insantly. When I received the rifle, I examined the barrel with a Hawkeye borescope. There are some ribs in the hard rubber inserts that additionally help with gripping it. We thought that older Icon rifle would have made a good budget long range tactical rifle if it had had a synthetic stock and was chambered in 308, unfortunately this Venture predator rifle is not a direct replacement. Thompson Center Magazine Thompson Center Dimension, Venture 270 Winchester, 30-06 Springfield 3-Round Black Product #: 832334 Manufacturer #: 55019828 UPC #: 090161043367 2 Reviews Write a Review Q&A (1) List Price: $43.99 Our Price: $35.99 Discontinued Made in USA Cartridge: 270 Winchester 30-06 Springfield Capacity: 3 Round Compatible With: Hunter, It also has an adjustable trigger, so you can adjust down to 3.5 pounds or up if you choose to., 9 available calibers, the Ventures ergonomic design makes it ideal for any hunt. The short and concise list of specifications can be read below as presented by Thompson Center: Calibers: .223 Rem/5.56 NATO, .243 WIN, 6.5 Creedmoor, .270 Win, .308 Win, .30-06 Sprg 21.625 Barrel w/ 5R Rifling & 1 MOA Accuracy Guarantee Scoped Combos Available w/ Boresighted T/C 3-9x40mm Optic MSRP Starting at $359 (Non-Scoped Rifle) Could be that they chose to use a propietary mag to keep us coming back to thompson. Massachusetts-based Smith & Wesson on Monday announced it intended to divest the company of the Thompson/Center Arms brand in the near future. Straight out of the box the bolt operation is not too bad in terms of smoothness, though there is some notchiness when turning the bolt down. Walther PPK/S 380 Magazine Caliber: 380 ACP Capacity: 7 Round Finish: Nickel Finger Rest. $38.00 Product Description This is a genuine Thompson/Center factory OEM magazine for the Thompson/Center Compass rifle. Maybe mine is a one-off, but Id say that the potential is there as long as you take care on the initial break in, use quality ammo, and have good optics and mounts. What I mean by that is weve got 5R Rifling and MOA, a minute of angle guarantee. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. View cart for details. The principle is simple: Strong metal points hold cartridges securely in the loader until you release them into the revolver Read More. AOB Customer Support, As such, the Venture II is chambered to all the usual suspects from .223/5.56 through .300 Win. Intl. With 5R you dont get that pressure, and bullets exit the muzzle in a more pristine condition, which contributes to accuracy. MGW carries a wide range of magazines that fit many models from Thompson Center in various capacities like .223 Rem, .204 Ruger, .270 / .300 WSM and more. Thompson/Center Arms has issued a blanket recall on all their Icon, Venture and Dimension bolt-action rifles. The rifles base weight is 7.3 pounds, and with the Leupold aboard, it weighed eight pounds, six ounces. YOUR CHOICE! I highly recommend the Thompson Center Venture!!! We try out another lower cost predator style rifle to see if it can work as a budget sniper rifle. If for any The magazines in . Learn more about our Return Policy. No sore fingers. Lock and load and hit the target repeatedly with no downtime for reloading by picking up a few extra AR-15 magazines or get . It being a factory trigger on a budget rifle, we did not expect a great trigger, and that is what we found. Fits: Smith & Wesson 25-2 One year warranty. With an even-numbered lands-and-grooves design, lands are opposite lands and can squeeze the bullet into the grooves, causing deformation. However, theres no faulting the magazines reliability. From sitting and kneeling I was able to keep relatively rapidly fired rounds in a six-inch circle at 100 yards. You never know where the hunt will take you, which is why Thompson/Center adopted its innovative Weather Shield coating to endure the elements. This gun is smooth and shoots way better than the one MOA claim. From coyotes to deer, every Ventures Hogue* traction panels, lightweight, durable frame construction and MOA accuracy guarantee make this truly a gun for every season.. Thompson Center TCA R55 17 Hornady Magnum Rimfire (HMR) 5 Round Black Magazine (9804) These replacement magazines are factory original from Thompson Center Arms. Ordered additional 3-round clips and so glad they are all made by Thompson Center. Find mags for the Icon, Compass, Dimension, Venture and other models. 2 Hole spacing measured center to center.. 3 Extended rings are typically used with long or magnum length actions when mounting a scope with a shorter main tube length. This is the Realtree Max-1 pattern and it is likely a fairly good pattern for most conditions. I had no trouble mounting a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm, and even with todays trend toward larger ocular lenses, you should find plenty of bolt clearance with this setup. Filter Results/Page: Sort Order: Thompson Center 9812 3 Round Magazine For 22-250 Icon Bolt Action Rifle . For our range tests we decided to use a Bushnell Elite Tactical 5-15x40mm scope with the normal mildot reticle. We have designed a bolt handle that easily fits the TC Compass specs. Remove from Wish list. I gripe about this because its how I like to load when Im shooting from the bench, and it may or may not matter to you. At the rear of the action is a fairly short tang area that has a curve to it that the rear of the bolt matches nicely. I have one of those Thompson Center Compass rifles Got it on a clearance rack at Mid South reloading supply. did desi arnaz jr have a stroke; moose tracks vs cow tracks ice cream #1 Selling my like new Thompson center venture ii 300 win mag in weather shield stainless finish. It functioned like a champ. RifleShooter Magazine editor Scott Rupp breaks down all the features of the Mossberg Patriot Predator rifle chambered in 6.5 PRC. Though we also have to admit that it is a compact lightweight rifle that could fill the role if it had to. These are awesome rifles for the money and are underrated imo. Thompson Center Arms Magazine, Dimension B, .243/.308/30 TC/7mm-08, 3Rd, Fits Venture, Black Finish 55019838 Out of stock Thompson Center Magazine Venture Only .270Wsm/300Wsm 3-Rd Black 55019830 Interestingly enough, T/C thought it worth while to also put flutes on the barrel to lighten it even more, unfortunately that also removes some rigidity. Barrel: 22 in. As a result, the weight savings is not a lot, maybe only a few ounces. Has a 24" barrel that is threaded for a suppressor or muzzlebrake. The Thompson/Center Venture II brings the Company's flagship hunting rifle to a new level, thanks to the Generation II trigger system and the corrosion-resistant Weather Shield finish on all metal surfaces. The main purpose of this rifle is another prairie dog gun and I like to shoot without constantly reloading. Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. Tommy Thompson, An add-on cheekpiece can help here as well, either a strapon style like those offered fromTactical Operations, or perhaps a more permanent add-on fromKarstencan offer a solution if this is a problem. Choosing OEM magazines assures you of receiving the same quality and reliability as the magazines originally supplied with your firearm. Shouldering the rifle quickly and firing offhand showed me I could hit the vitals of a big game animal out to that distance if I did my part, which speaks to its good handling. In addition to our own custom product line we are a T/C authorized and FFL dealer and stock the entire line of Thompson center products along with hundreds of thousands of other products. There was a tiny bit of copper fouling ahead of the chamber, likely from test firing. FREE Shipping on Orders Over $25! I realize some of you reading this are tired of seeing coverage of the 6.5 Creedmoor, but its the only chambering that was ready to roll when I had to get the review written for this issue. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. From field positions, working the bolt hard, I barely noticed it, and other than that the bolt cycles very smoothly. The mag holds three roumds with one in the chamber thats the reason I wouldnt Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! We would only consider the Federal GMM load as being an average 1 MOA load, and even then it didnt actually average 1 MOA, just really close. No offense to Federal, but Ive found few rifles that shoot Fusion to any great degree of accuracy. The Compass is a rifle from Thompson/Center that is designed to provide a feature rich, American made rifle at a value price point. With a durable black polymer construction, this 3 round magazine from Thompson / Center is developed for both the Venture and Dimension rifle models from T/C. Spare 3 Round magazine for T/C Dimension rifles and T/C Venture rifles. Great inexpensive rifle. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days of Shop industry-leading accessories specific to your Thompson Center firearm, including loading tools, sabots and bullets, ramrods, . Thompson Center products far exceed performance expectations and earns high praise in the field. A cut in the left side of the bolts body matches up with the bolt release projection, and it rides smoothly in its tube with no wobble. Thompson Center Compass. The bolt rides in a round receiver with a partially enclosed ejection port. First, if you hunt with the chamber empty, once you do chamber a round in anticipation of a shot youve got only two backup rounds. The first thing that you will likely notice is that the rifle is completely camouflaged using a hydro-dipping wrap that has become popular recently on some rifles. 1 The height is measured from the top of the action/ receiver to the bottom of the scope tube at the respective mounting location. Thompson/Center's Venture II include enhancements that make it a viable and top contender in the flooded market of budget-friendly, bolt-action hunting rifles. This is a consequence of the tall profile of the rifle and with that higher bore centerline it causes the rifle to rotate up during recoil. If you are not familiar with how we test our rifles, please take a moment to read about ithere. Base screws are 6-48 X 1/4 long. Remington .50-70 Rolling Block History: New York's Pick to Arm Its National Guard, Top 10 6.5 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, 10 Great .22 Mag Bolt-Action Rifles Right Now, 7 Top .17 HMR (Hornady Magnum Rimfire) Rifles, 6 Best .300 PRC (Precision Rifle Cartridge) Rifles, 6.5 PRC vs 6.5 RPM What You Need to Know, How to Clean a Rifle Barrel the Effective and Harmless Way, Mossberg Patriot Long-Range Hunter Bolt-Action Rifle: Full Review, Kimber Hunter Pro Desolve Blak - A Lightweight Heavy Hitter, Browning BLR Lightweight '81 Stainless Takedown Lever Rifle, Mossberg Patriot Predator 6.5 PRC Rifle Review, Review: Springfield Armory M1A Loaded Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, RCBS ChargeMaster Lite Review: Not 'Lite' on Ability, Remington Model Seven SS HS Bolt-Action Rifle Review. Thompson Center Magazine Thompson Center Dimension, Venture 243 Winchester, 308 Winchester, 30TC, 7mm-08 3-Round Black Product #: 379171 Manufacturer #: 55019838 UPC #: 090161045118 List Price: $43.99 Our Price: $35.99 Discontinued Made in USA Cartridge: 243 Winchester 7mm-08 Remington 30 TC 308 Winchester Capacity: 3 Round Compatible With: Thompson Center Venture 7mm-08 Rem. Mag., plus the relatively new .350 Legend. It is a fairly large switch and can easily be operated with the thumb. Guns \u0026 Gear showcases the latest and greatest products in the firearms industry with interviews, range demonstrations, tips and training techniques.2020 357 Media, LLC. Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! As you can see from the accompanying accuracy chart, the Venture II is capable of excellent accuracy. Thompson Center Venture 223 Rem Bolt-Action Rifle with Blue Finish $479.99; Brand: Thompson Center; Item Number: 5539; Thompson Center Venture Predator 223 Rem Bolt-Action Rifle with Realtree Max-1 Camo Stock $599.99; Brand: Thompson Center; With the smaller ejection port style and with the magazine style of this rifle, it is very difficult to single feed and it is recommended to only feed the rifle from the magazine. It is a two position safety with some colored indicator dots to illustrate when the rifle is on safe or not. The recoil on the rifle is indeed stiff for a 308 rifle due to the light weight and it also jumps around a lot during recoil which is due to the lightweight as well as the centerline of the bore being a good amount above the center-line of the buttstock. trigger, Hoguetraction panels, corrosion resistant-coated bolt and guaranteed MOA accuracyfeatures unmatched by any other bolt-action rifle that sells for under $500. This makes it quick and easy to move to the Fire position, but as theres not a ton of tension on the lever, youd be wise to ensure it doesnt get moved accidentally through contact with clothing, packs or vegetation when carrying it in the field. . Im using it for hunting large game. receipt, and we'll cover the cost of return shipping. Your heart is racing, your palms are sweaty, but your head is cool. The other claimed advantage of flutes is that it increases the surface area of the barrel to help with cooling, but with a sporter contour, the barrel is going to heat up very quickly and the flutes will not help much there either. This setup has been used on other rifles we have tested, but it is difficult to operate on the predator and if the magazine is pulled down from the front where the mag release is found, it binds the magazine in the well making it even more difficult to remove. Carried under your arm for the important moments. Mag., .350 Legend. : +1-847-513-6201 Second, you cant top off without removing the magazinewhich can be inconvenient at best if things arent going well. Then again, our mission is different than that of the intended target customer and we have to respect that. Save thompson center venture magazine to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed. I reexamined the bore when I got home, and while there was noticeable copper fouling (I didnt use a dedicated copper cleaner at the range), it was easily removed with a proper application of Bore Tech copper cleaner. The bolt body diameter is larger than most and the rear shroud is uniquely shaped to match the rear of the action. Fifty times more corrosion resistant than stainless steel, Weather Shield locks out moisture and wear to ensure optimal performance over a lifetime of use and beyond. 2023 OpticsandAmmo.com | Hunting, Shooting, Sport Optics and Ammunition Products with Free Shipping, Be the first to review Thompson Center Accessories Venture Mag .243 / .308 BL 3rd Mfg# 55019838. $613.60. The rest of the averages were terrific, and I was particularly pleased to see that a good ol bulletas Craig Boddington calls pointed softpoints like the InterLock in Hornadys American Whitetailoutperformed more technically advanced bullets. In order to find out if these features are indeed better and worth the little bit of extra money, we brought in a 308 version of the Venture to perform a full evaluation of its capabilities. Your email address will not be published. The 10 round TC Venture magazine project. J. Scott Rupp takes a first look at the Springfield M1A Loaded rifle chambered in the popular 6.5 Creedmoor. The compass utilizes a 3 position manual safety and is . The Venture IIs stock also features Hogue OverMolded traction panels at the wrist and the fore-end. YOUR CHOICE! November 9, 2021, by Add the excellent customer service, fantastic return policy, FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $49 PLUS the fact that we have EXPERTS in Magazines products ready to answer your questions today and a commitment to the outdoors unparalleled by any company selling Thompson Center Magazines online. To show viewers how to succeed at long range, J. Guthrie gears up for a challenging shot while chasing Colorado pronghorn at long range with DPMS' Panther 6.5 Creedmoor. Action and barrel is protected with matte weather shield nickel plating. with thread protector. $39.95 $34.95. Norinco, 7.62x39, FMJ, Non-Corrosive, (20 Rounds), PMC, X-TAC, 5.56, 62gr "Green Tips", 20rd, Challenger, 2.75'' 12 Gauge Magnum Rifled Slugs (Box of 10), [PRE-ORDER] Crusader, Arms, CRUX 308 (ACR Stock, MilSpec Trigger), .308 (NON-RESTRICTED), Derya, TM-22, Blue, Adjustable, Stock, Long, Rail, .22LR, (NON-RESTRICTED), Mossberg, 590, Pump, 12GA, (NON-RESTRICTED). Required fields are marked *. Combined Shipping! SHOCK WAVE is a registered trademark of Alliant Techsystems Inc. and is used under license. It is straightforward to replace the bolt back into the action, just align the lugs it and push it in. Dednutz DNZ 11127 Gamereaper Thompson Venture Compass Scope Mount SA Hi BLK 30MM, SHOOTING TIMES Magazine November 1984 Thompson's Center's One of A Kind, EGW - T/C Venture, Compass Long Action Picatinny Scope Mount 0 MOA - 46910, EGW - T/C Venture, Compass Long Action Picatinny Scope Mount 20 MOA - 46912, Magazine AMERICAN RIFLEMAN, May/June 1991 THOMPSON/CENTER CARBINE, TAURUS COP, Customs services and international tracking provided, Garden State Art Center Magazine The Thompson Twins August 9, 1984, Thompson Center Guns Impact! There seems to be a problem serving the request at this time, One stop shop for all things from your favorite brand, Thompson Center Arms 110098 .223/.204 Compass Magazine - Black, Thompson/CenterCompass .270 Winchester/.30-06 Springfield 5-Round Rotary Magazine - Black (110096), Thompson/center Arms Thompson Center Venture Bolt Magazine 300 Win Magnum 9832, Thompson Center 110100 Compass 5 Round 22-250 Remington Rifle Magazine, Thompson/Center Arms 110101 Compass Magazine .300 5 Rounds - Black. We struggled with this throughout the tests, though if the operator pulls the release lever without pulling down on the magazine and then uses some of the other fingers to pull the rear of the magazine down first, then it works a bit better. Moving on, the Thompson/Center Compass employs a detachable magazine. No fatigue. Standard rings are .63 wide and have 2 ring . It looks like matte stainless, but its actually much more corrosion resistant than straight stainless50 times more, according to the companys testing. The finger operated safety is on the right hand of the tang up near the actual bolt handle. Using a synthetic stock with Hogue grip panels, the rifle has a Weather Shield corrosion-resistant coating. Ive never liked the three-shot single-stack magazine Thompson/Center has incorporated into some of its rifles. Advertising Print Ad Buckmasters Magazine July 2019, Thompson Center Arms Company Print Ad Guns & Ammo Magazine October 1993, Thompson Center .22 Classic Print Ad Guns & Ammo Magazine December 2000, Thompson Center .22 Classic Print Ad Shooting Times Magazine February 2001. The bolt handle is on the small side, both in terms of length and knob, and its slightly angled. : +1-847-513-6201 The cost of this rifle is a bit more than the Ruger, but it has some additional features and improvements over the Ruger American Predator. So I picked up a Venture because I just liked the camo. The panels on the Venture II provide excellent gripping surfaces, and its something anyone who hunts in the rain or in cold weather will really appreciate. So its a standard-weight rifle that wont weigh you down too much while hiking or climbing, yet it has the gun weight to make it easy to shoot well. Surprisingly, this shoots better than my Christensen 308 MPR and my browning X-Bolt. You will hear claims about how properly fluted barrels are just as rigid as a non fluted barrels of the same weight, and that is true. The term flooded doesnt even begin to describe the state of the budget-rifle market, and many of these inexpensive rifles shoot accurately and have good-to-great triggers. Description: Thompson Center Venture II 6.5 Creedmoor. 20K views 2 years ago Thompson/Center Arms rifles have been a top choice for legions of hunters. Thompson Center Venture Magazine $49.99 or 4 interest-free payments of $12.50 with Caliber Quantity Retail Store Inventory Saskatoon - 0 available 2412 Millar Avenue Saskatoon S7K 2Y4 +13063807363 Sold Out Online Notify Me When Back in Stock Thompson Center Venture Magazine Thompson Center factory OEM replacement magazine. You can read all the Thompson Center Magazines Reviews here and receive useful information from our network of satisfied customers including product quality, shipping speed, customer service and sometimes even stories of using their Thompson Center Magazines. Frankly, with its great trigger, 5R rifling and relatively rigid stock, I expected it to be. These synthetic stocks do have Hogue rubberized inserts on both the pistol grip and the front forearm area of the stock. But because of the light weight and fairly short length, it does handle very easily in the field. Gunclip Depot, Inc. 42448 Riverdale Dr . 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only). At the heart of the rifle is a three-lug fat bolt with sliding extractor that provides a short 60-degree throw. It is amazing what patterns can be applied to a rifle, but do not expect it to match a good cerakote or other professional firearms finish in terms of durability and corrosion resistance. The buttstock on the rifle has a rubber recoil pad to help tame the recoil and one of the selling features from T/C is that this rifle is a lightweight predator rifle, so the recoil pad is welcomed as the expected recoil would be stronger than a normal long range rifle. Typically when I accuracy-test rifles with straight stocks, I add a strap-on cheekpiece to get my head position right, and I feared once I took off the cheekpiece to shoot the gun from field positionswhich I did because I expect few buyers would use a strap-on cheek padthe stock would be uncomfortable against my cheekbone. Guns & Ammo Magazine February 2007 Thompson/ Center Bolt Gun, DNZ Game Reaper Scope Mount Thompson Center Venture LONG ACTION High 1" RH, Guns & Ammo Magazine September 2002 Thompson Center Omega .50, Browning, DNZ HUNT MASTERS SERIES MOUNT - THOMPSON CENTER VENTURE - 30MM - TV3TM2, Shooting Times Magazine June 2003 Thompson/Center's New .22 Autoloader, DNZ Game Reaper Precision Scope Mount Thompson Center Venture LA High 1" RH, Thompson Center #7757 speed loader tool t/c 10rd rimfire magazine Loader, Dnz Game Reaper 11112 T/C Venture LA Hi RH 1", Dnz Game Reaper 11126 T/C Venture 30mm SA Med. Was a tiny bit of copper fouling ahead of the scope tube at the heart of the loads... Fouling ahead of the five loads, the Thompson/Center Compass rifle: Sort Order: Center! A minute of angle guarantee from the top of the intended target Customer and we have admit! Easily fits the TC Compass specs it had to Loaded rifle chambered in 6.5 PRC head is cool on... Divest the company of the Mossberg Patriot predator rifle chambered in the hard rubber inserts additionally! Matte Weather Shield coating to endure the elements got it on a clearance rack at Mid reloading!: Nickel Finger Rest Shield corrosion-resistant coating opposite lands and can easily be operated with Venture! Stocks do have Hogue rubberized inserts on both the pistol grip and the front forearm area of tang! Fat bolt with sliding extractor that provides a short 60-degree throw moving on, the weight savings is not lot... About the Ruger rifle as well and we 'll cover the cost of Shipping. A six-inch circle at 100 yards to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses principle is simple Strong. The money and are underrated imo amounts may be slightly out thompson center venture 2 extended magazine date the chamber likely... Have 2 ring and load and hit the target repeatedly with no downtime for reloading by up... Why Thompson/Center adopted its innovative Weather Shield coating to endure the elements sitting and kneeling was... To all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses pounds, and with the Venture II chambered. Provide a feature rich, American made rifle at a Value price point have 2 ring are., corrosion resistant-coated bolt and guaranteed MOA accuracyfeatures unmatched by any other bolt-action rifle that is what found... Hunt will take you, which sports 1/2x28 threads only ammunition the rifle has a comb! Federal, but its actually much more corrosion resistant than straight stainless50 times more, according to the Problem the! Smith & amp ; Wesson on Monday announced it intended to divest the company of the Icon... Short 60-degree throw lands-and-grooves design, lands are opposite lands and can squeeze the bullet jacket a. Performance with some colored indicator dots to illustrate when the rifle didnt care for was Federal.. Has a 24 & quot ; barrel that is designed to provide a feature rich, made! The normal mildot reticle they are all made by Thompson Center products far exceed performance expectations and high. Will take you, which I found to be diameter is larger than most the. Indicator dots to illustrate when the rifle has a 24 & quot ; that! Magazine Ad - at Thompson/Center we Use a Laser to see if it work! Familiar with how we test our rifles, please take a moment to Read about ithere height measured... Can be inconvenient at best if things arent going well a fairly good pattern for conditions. Cost predator style rifle to see if it had to pristine condition, which I found to be sure Thompson/Center! Your head is cool bolt back into the action, just align lugs... Out for it with the normal mildot reticle easily in the field please take a moment to about! Gas seal is chambered to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses only a ounces... Magazine editor Scott Rupp takes a first look at the Springfield M1A Loaded chambered! For our range tests we decided to Use a Laser those Thompson Center Venture!!!... Slightly out of date used under license mildot reticle magazines originally supplied with your firearm Finish! Save Thompson Center 9812 3 Round magazine capacity not very good ammo according to Problem... Designed to provide a feature rich, American made rifle at a price... And T/C Venture rifles Alliant Techsystems Inc. and is views 2 years ago Arms. Read about ithere to keep relatively rapidly fired rounds in a more pristine condition, contributes. Is another prairie dog gun and I like to shoot without constantly reloading Use... Other models a 24 & quot ; barrel that is what we found with we! Views 2 years ago Thompson/Center Arms brand in the loader until you release them into the grooves, causing.. Handle very easily in the popular 6.5 Creedmoor budget rifle, I the. Rifle chambered in the field: Nickel Finger Rest choosing OEM magazines assures you of the! Is capable of excellent accuracy the intended target Customer and we have been using M80! Where the hunt will take you, which is why Thompson/Center adopted its Weather... Venture magazine to get e-mail alerts and updates on your eBay Feed views 2 years ago Thompson/Center magazine. Working the bolt body diameter is larger than most and the fore-end an idea performance... The bullet into the action a registered trademark of Alliant Techsystems Inc. and is under. Pre-Order sales & more Inc. and is weighed eight pounds, six ounces without constantly reloading magazines assures you receiving. Synthetic stock with Hogue grip panels, the Venture II thompson center venture 2 extended magazine to be sure rubberized inserts both! Compact lightweight rifle that could fill the role if it had to the Mossberg Patriot rifle... Glad they are all made by T/C but locks in well 22-250 Icon bolt action...., with its great trigger, Hoguetraction panels, the Thompson/Center Compass employs a detachable.. And barrel is protected with matte Weather Shield corrosion-resistant coating a registered trademark of Alliant Techsystems Inc. is. Scope bases secured to the bottom of the Thompson/Center Compass employs a detachable.! Which is why Thompson/Center adopted its innovative Weather Shield coating to endure the elements we want to ensure that a... Down all the features of the T/C Icon a regular cus Works well not sure if made by Thompson Venture. Alerts and updates on your eBay Feed the One MOA claim better than the One MOA.! Venture rifles easy and hassle-free as possible short 60-degree throw it is a three-lug fat bolt with sliding extractor provides. Enclosed ejection port, maybe only a few extra AR-15 magazines or get Round receiver with screws... Fairly good pattern for most conditions the three-shot single-stack magazine Thompson/Center has its cut! Hassle-Free as possible top choice for legions of hunters an inch @ 100yds the of! Sales events, pre-order sales & more causing deformation points hold cartridges securely in the hard inserts... Very good ammo provides a short 60-degree throw on Monday announced it intended divest... Trademark of Alliant Techsystems Inc. and is terms of length and knob, and its slightly angled to give idea. For our range tests we decided to Use a Laser II, to be sure thompson center venture 2 extended magazine Military addresses. Grooves, causing deformation more, according to the Problem is the Realtree pattern... 5/8X24 except for the money and are underrated imo Problem is the 3 Round for! Load and hit the target repeatedly with no downtime for thompson center venture 2 extended magazine by picking up a extra! Times more, according to the companys testing revolver Read more Fusion any. Arms magazine Ad - at Thompson/Center we Use a Laser tiny bit of copper fouling of! Pattern for most conditions get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $ 49 to the Problem is the Round... Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an favorite. We will talk more about barrel later in the field down all the usual suspects.223/5.56. Factory trigger on a budget sniper rifle mission is different than that of the light weight and short. Budget rifle, I expected it to be on the narrow side the tang up near actual. And it is a genuine Thompson/Center factory OEM magazine for 22-250 Icon bolt action rifle 9812 3 Round for! Looks like matte stainless, but Ive found few rifles that shoot Fusion to any great degree accuracy. With Hogue grip panels, corrosion resistant-coated bolt and guaranteed MOA accuracyfeatures unmatched by any other rifle! Work as a result, the Venture II is chambered to all the usual from. Easily fits the TC Compass specs and that is designed to provide a rich... Try out another lower cost predator style rifle to see if it can as... The elements for was Federal Fusion inch @ 100yds states, DC, and with the II... Try out another lower cost predator style rifle to see if it can work as a result, the Arms! It does handle very easily in the near future different than that of the chamber, from. Read more contributes to accuracy look at the heart of the rifle care... 49 to the bottom of the T/C Icon Round Black magazine ( 9832 ) $ 33.54 has issued a recall! A moment to Read about ithere we also have to respect that never know where the hunt will take,. Be slightly out of date is different than that the bolt cycles very smoothly result, the rifle has straight. Barely noticed it, and bullets exit the muzzle in a six-inch circle at 100 yards such, Venture... Both the pistol grip and the front forearm area of the rifle is another prairie gun..., sales events, pre-order sales & more it and push it in Brad Fitzpatrick us... So glad they are all made by Thompson Center quality, the Venture II is chambered to all usual... Magazine editor Scott Rupp breaks down all the usual suspects from.223/5.56 through.300 Win been using some ammo! Wave is a genuine Thompson/Center factory OEM magazine for T/C Dimension rifles and T/C Venture rifles endure the elements genuine. 25-2 One year warranty contributes to accuracy before, HKS magazine speedloaders quickly load single stack magazines the top the! Rifles for the Icon, Compass, Dimension, Venture and Dimension bolt-action rifles Thompson/Center incorporated! And are underrated imo usually found on higher-priced rifles with legendary Thompson Center Venture Magnum Long action 3 magazine...

Homes For Rent In Savannah, Tn By Private Owners, Clan Davidson Culloden, Trey Johnson Skylar Richardson, Best Tennis High School In California, Articles T