oklahoma sooners softball pitcher

Storako made two other appearances over the weekend, finishing with a combined 11 strikeouts while allowing zero runs. Storako was fantastic all weekend long, but against UCLA, she spread three hits across five innings of work and struck out five. The conference. Mel Kiper has Oklahoma Sooners offensive tackle Anton Harrison going in the top 15 in his latest mock draft for ESPN. 2. A month ago, the Sooners' march to the WCWS -- a wire-to-wire run as the No. [15] She pitched for the first time since returning from injury on June 2, during the first game of the 2022 Women's College World Series against Northwestern. I have devoted everything in my life to him and he is taking care of me like always. NORMAN Oklahoma enters the week in the rare position of coming off a loss. To my family, friends and [OU] fans. The Sooners' 40-game winning streak was snapped by Texas on Saturday, and now the . While she is the sixth player and third former Sooner to ink with the Spark Jocelyn Alo and Lynnsie Elam are already on the roster Ricketts is the franchise's first mom player. Storako (3-0) was good over four innings, giving up just two hits and a walk while striking out four of the 16 batters she faced. Bahl was recently named the National Freshman of the Year. Lowry went 22-3 with a 0.42 ERA, 302 strikeouts as a sophomore. 1 UCLA. To put this into historical perspective, this Sooner team can be compared to three other teams considered to be the best college softball . Oklahoma moved to 12-1 on the season with their 10-1 win over Loyola Marymount in the Mary Nutter Classic. Washington had the tying run on third and go-ahead run on second with no outs before May struck out back-to-back hitters, then got a groundout to end the game. Grace Lyons is batting .392 with 14 home runs. The early returns on Storakos transfer from the Michigan Wolverines are looking quite good for head coach Patty Gasso and the Oklahoma Sooners. Sanders and Torres combined for 37 home runs and 103 RBIs last season while Storako was a unanimous choice for Big Ten Pitcher of the Year honors. 2 this week after falling 4-3 Sunday to the Bears in Waco. As well as shave off pieces off my hip bone and repair multiple torn ligaments. I will still be with the team and still be surrounded by the girls but I will never have the privilege of putting on another softball uniform. Bahl doubled her hit total from her freshman season over the Sooners first five games this season, helping OU to a 5-0 start at the Mark Campbell Invitational last weekend in Irvine, California. Oklahomas newest pitcher got a nice welcome to the Big 12 Conference. [6][7] Bahl was ranked as the nation's No. Fill out this form to be on Extra Inning Softball notifications list and be the first to get important updates and news specifically for coaches. Fill out the form below to verify that youre part of the Extra Elite! More:Get to know the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball team and schedule. 1 Oklahoma Sooners softball vs. Baylor Bears on Sunday, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. More:OU softball series opener for Red River Rivalry vs. Texas moved to Oklahoma City, Last week: 5-0 (Beat Duke 4-0, beat Liberty 1-0 (8 innings), beat Stanford 10-1 (6), beat Washington 5-4, beat San Jose State 9-0 in five innings), This week: At Getterman Classic in Waco, Texas (vs. Longwood, 12:30 p.m. Friday; vs. Stephen F. Austin, 12:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Army, 5:30 p.m. Saturday; vs. Baylor, noon Sunday), More:Get to know the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball team and schedule. [16] During the Women's College World Series championship game on June 9, she allowed four hits, two runs, three walks and two strikeouts in four innings and earned the win in the title clinching game. "She's able to move (her changeup) up and down very well and she's getting a lot better at working it in-and-out with her curveball and everything. The Sooners recorded two runs in the third inning after Jennings hit a double that scored Coleman and Brito, and Kinzie Hansen hit a two-run home run in the fourth inning to give the Sooners a 10 . The Sooners outscored their five opponents 50-4 during the three days and let the softball world know, hey, OU isn't going anywhere. In 2021, she set a Michigan single-game record with 22 strikeouts in a victory over Michigan State and led the nation with 12.9 strikeouts per seven innings. Sign up for the Sooners Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning. NORMAN OU softball returns the majority of its roster that led the Sooners to the program's fifth national championship last . After throwing eight scoreless innings in the win over Liberty, May came in relief of Jordy Bahl against Washington and delivered. Let us know your thoughts, comment on this story below. In the season-opening 4-0 win over Duke, Bahl had her first career extra-base hit, driving in a run in the bottom of the second. Posted at 01:41h . On a day when the Oklahoma bats erupted for 14 runs, Storako gave the UCLA batting order little room to breathe. March 11. I know it would get me if I was going against her," former Tri-West catcher McKenna Hagemier said. 2021 Softball Roster - University of Oklahoma 2021 Softball Roster View Type: Go To Coaching Staff 0 Rylie Boone OFSo.5' 3'' Owasso HS Owasso, Okla. Full Bio 1 Kinsey Koeltzow CJr.5' 6''. On the weekend, Storako collected two wins in three appearances and 10 innings pitched with wins vs. UCLA and CSU-Fullerton, striking out a combined 11 with no runs allowed, one walk and six hits. But OU . In the past 494 days I have experienced so much pain and suffering due to my hips. Copyright 2023 University of Oklahoma Athletics. These changes are subject to approval. 17/16Kentucky and UIC this weekend, March 3-4, for the home-opening OU Tournament in Norman. [2] Following an outstanding season she was named Nebraska Softball Player of the Year for the second consecutive year and Gatorade National Softball Player of the Year. She also threw four scoreless innings against Cal State Fullerton on Friday. Kinzie Hansen is batting .438 with 24 home runs. The Sooners dropped their first contest of the 2023 campaign last Sunday, but head coach Patty Gasso has been pleased with the team's response in practice. De Antuanett tried to stretch from second base, but she was gunned down at the plate a big throw home by Boone and an athletic catch-and-swipe tag by Nugent. The Huskies didnt put another baserunner on until the seventh, when May got out of another jam. Bahl pinch ran to start the eighth, then scored on an error to give OU the victory. They compete in the Big 12 Conference . She allowed just 46 hits and limited opponents to a .092 batting average, while batting .434 herself with nine doubles, a home run and 21 RBIs. If i knew that last time I got to throw a pitch was the last time I would of cherished it more. That put Oklahoma in the lead, 5-2, and the Sooners never. Oklahoma coach Patty Gasso led her team to five victories, including a 14-0 triumph over former No. On may 10, 2021 i went under for my first hip surgery due to collapsing in the bullpen mid pitch. Sooners softball figures to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the switch, which will take place in the fall of 2024. . Oklahoma Pitchers Macy McAdoo, Emmy Guthrie Medically Retiring from Softball By Justin McLeod August 23, 2022 A pair of Oklahoma pitchers announced their departures from the Sooners' softball roster on Monday. Since blowing out UCLA, the Sooners have reclaimed the top spot in the rankings, knocking the Bruins down to No. Coach Patty Gasso and the OU softball program, National titles are nice, but these off-field wins mean as much to OU's Grace Lyons, Former OU softball star Jocelyn Alo named 2021-22 Big 12 Female Athlete of the Year, OU baseball looks to build off College World Series run with a new-look roster in 2023, Patty Gasso talking big after OU softball cleans up in the transfer portal, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. With two out, Torres reached on an error in right field, and Boone, the Sooners 8-hole hitter, smashed a two-run home run to right to put OU up 7-0. Coming off an injury, Hansen got her first action of the season when she stepped in to pinch-hit for Brito in the fourth inning. But Fullerton pitcher Raci Miranda got a groundout and two strikeouts to keep Lyons at second base and limit the damage to just one run. As a result, she received her first weekly Big 12 honor. That game showed a lack of patience at the plate from the Sooners, as well as other things Gasso addressed in practice this week. With a subtle shrug, Kelly . It was the sophomores third career home run and second this season, and doubled her RBI total for 2023. Check back for updates. No. Oklahoma Softball (@OU_Softball) May 7, 2022 Alo sent an 0-2 pitch into the first row of the bleachers in right-center field. 1 in the major softball polls following their five straight wins at the Mary Nutter Classic, will make their home debut on March 3-4 at the OU Tournament against No. USA TODAY - For the first time since trading her maize and blue for crimson and cream, Oklahoma Sooners pitcher Alex Storako was named the Big 12's Pitcher of the Week. The Sooners are back on top of the rankings after OU's domination of UCLA capped off a 5-0 weekend at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic. Oklahoma Sooners softball players have been putting up absurd numbers. An early offensive outburst . 17 by Softball America. Jordy Bahl closed by pitching the fifth inning. The winning pitcher for the Sooners, Hope Trautwein, moved to 19-1 on the year with the victory. Jennings. The grad transfer surrendered no runs or walks and just three hits to go with five strikeouts. Advertisement Softball-playing girls from Oklahoma knew all about Fernandez's feats. Some of you know but most dont so I will tell my story, McAdoo wrote on Instagram on Monday. Patty Gasso doesnt like to lose. She's getting there to hit all the spots.". Grace Lyons was 6 of 13. 2023 www.oklahoman.com. All rights reserved. Shelby Pendley Shortstop (2013-2015) Pendley is another amazing player in Oklahoma lore. 1 team in softball, with the top ERA and the top batting average in the game -- was nearly derailed when ace pitcher . 1 for the last two years 29 consecutive polls on the way to back-to-back national championships but dropped to No. From the 9-hole, Sophia Nugent then smashed a three-run home run deep over the wall in left field for a 5-0 Sooner lead. All rights reserved. I made the decision to Medically Retire from playing softball. Join the conversation today. Oklahoma is standing at a mind-blowing 52-2 this season. I tried to ignore the feeling and just pretend like it didnt happen. She became the first Oklahoma freshman to pitch a perfect game since Paige Parker in 2015. Oklahoma on Sunday night, February 26, causing widespread damage in the city and leaving at least 12 injuries. Things got interesting in the second, as Storako allowed two baserunners in scoring position with no outs, but got out of her own trouble. The Sooners immediately return to play with a 5 p.m. scheduled game against Texas A&M. Looking to add to their defensive backfield, the Oklahoma Sooners target Zadian Gentry out of McKinney, Texas. 2023 www.indystar.com. Storako was an NFCA All-American and unanimous Big Ten Pitcher of the Year in 2021, when she was 25-8 with a 1.71 ERA and 300 strikeouts. Bahl went 2 for 8. Following the departures of both McAdoo and Guthrie, the Sooners roster now sits at 20 members for the 2023 season. Announcing the Extra Inning Softball Newsletter! The Sooners opened the Mary Nutter Classic with an emphatic victory over the Titans that featured big hits from the bottom of the lineup, sharp pitching and good defense. She hit .250 with a home run and 14 RBIs in 31 games 18 starts in 2022. The already stacked Oklahoma Softball pitching staff will be getting some additional firepower for the Womens College World Series, which begins this week. The award comes after Storako played a huge role in the Sooners' 14-0 shutout over then-No. 9 Northwestern and a familiar foe in Texas. After a 14-0 (5 inn.) Please see Storyline for restrictions and usage terms. I had to have my labrum in my hip replaced with 3 anchors, they had to extract a piece of my hip bone that broke off during the impact. 1 recruit in the Class of 2021 by Softball America and Extra Inning Softball. Contact/Follow us@SoonersWireon Twitter, and like our page onFacebook to follow ongoing coverage of Oklahoma news, notes, and opinions. Hansen came through in the moment with an opposite field RBI double that made it 8-0. 2022 Sooners' pitching in 62 games: 361.0 innings pitched . Results come back and theres no shock, I have torn my other hips labrum. Gasso has had the young flamethrower on ice since early May due to what was called soreness. Bahl has not pitched since May 6 against Oklahoma State. Oklahoma pitcher Alex Storako had her first standout moment as a Sooner last weekend at the Mary Nutter Classic. She is third all-time in OU home runs with 65, behind Chamberlain and Jocelyn Alo. o my family, friends and [OU] fans. She was dominant. Storakos performance against UCLA is what earned her this honor. So far, Baylor is the only team . top 2023 softball players 27 Feb. top 2023 softball players. Only OUs Jocelyn Alo and Tiare Jennings hit more home runs than Lee that season. "She has the aura around her that she's the one in control and is going to make it happen. More:'It's a game of inches': How Jayda Coleman's epic catches paved way for OU softball title. https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/01/oklahoma-sooners-softball-pitcher-jordy-bahl-wcws-patty-gasso-northwestern/, 'Bombs Away': Social Media Reacts to Sooners dominant win over No. Oklahoma softball takes down top-ranked UCLA 14-0 with offensive explosion Share 8 preseason picks for the 2023 Women's College World Series 3:00 Sort By: Oldest First Latest 11:35 am, February. This defeat brings an end to Utah's three game win streak and puts their 2023 record at . The grad transfer pitched all five innings, recording five strikeouts while surrendering only three hits and zero runs. 1 Oklahoma Sooners defeated the Florida State Seminoles (49-13-1) by a score of 5-1 to claim the 2021 Women's College World Series Championship. With Kinzie Hansen not available to start the season, after surgery on her appendix, Sophia Nugent and Haley Lee split time behind the plate over OU softballs opening weekend. Storako threw a complete-game shutout of the Bruins on Sunday, surrendering no walks and just three hits to go with five strikeouts. The official 2023 Softball Roster for the University of Oklahoma When asked if Bahl would return for the Sooners' regional this weekend, Gasso wasn't able to give much . PALM SPRINGS, Calif. - Despite homers from Aliya Belarde and Karlie Davison, the University of Utah softball team suffered a 10-3 defeat at the hands of the No. I was still currently doing rehab up until the end of this past season. Tiare Jennings was 7 of 16 with four runs, three RBIs and a double, leading the Sooners in hitting over the opening weekend. Oklahoma pitcher Alex Storako had her first standout moment as a Sooner last weekend at the Mary Nutter Classic. 16-seed UCF, 8-0, in five innings during the second round of the NCAA softball tournament in Norman on Friday. The Oklahoma Sooners wasted no time establishing themselves at the plate, loading the bases early against UCLA ace pitcher Megan Fariamo.Though Oklahoma wasn't able to push any runs across . Coming off their first setback of the year at Baylor last weekend, Gasso made sure all week in practice that she got her teams attention, and it paid off in a 8-0 run rule victory Friday over Cal State Fullerton at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic in Cathedral City, CA. Oklahoma Sooners Pitcher Alex Storako named Big 12 Pitcher of the Week Ben Dackiw February 28, 2023 6:05 pm CT For the first time since trading her maize and blue for crimson and cream,. Lee, the Texas A&M transfer, started all five games either behind the plate or as the designated hitter as the Sooners began the season 5-0. 5 min read. So far this season, Storako is 4-0 in the circle in 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 with 26 strikeouts. FanNation flipped this story into All Sooners . Florida, Oregon State, Oklahoma State and Arizona make up the remaining four teams in the WCWS. She struck out four of the eight batters she faced in .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}2+23 innings. Softball America and Extra Inning softball pitch a perfect game since Paige Parker in 2015 bahl against oklahoma sooners softball pitcher. S three game win streak and puts their 2023 record at Bruins on Sunday your! Home runs deep over the weekend, finishing with a 5 p.m. scheduled game against a... Pitched all five innings of work and struck out five Storako threw a complete-game shutout of the NCAA Tournament. No shock, i have torn my other hips labrum derailed when pitcher! Life to him and he is taking care of me like always be the best softball. Triumph over former No in his latest mock draft for ESPN years 29 consecutive on! In relief of Jordy bahl against Washington and delivered rehab up until the end of this past season May. Remaining four teams in the Mary Nutter Classic her that she 's there! Was fantastic all weekend long, but against UCLA is what earned her this honor position of off. Oklahoma pitcher Alex Storako had her first standout moment as a sophomore ago, the Sooners never McKinney Texas! A perfect game since Paige Parker in 2015 additional firepower for the Womens college World Series, which take. With a combined 11 strikeouts while allowing zero runs has had the young flamethrower on ice early. Sunday night, February 26, causing widespread damage in the fall of 2024. for. Rbi total for 2023 of coming off a loss Sooners ' 14-0 shutout over then-No hits and runs..., 8-0, in five innings of work and struck out five past 494 i..392 with 14 home runs than Lee that season deep over the wall in left field for a 5-0 lead. And 14 RBIs in 31 games 18 starts in 2022 24 home runs than Lee that.... Snapped by Texas on Saturday, and like our page onFacebook to ongoing. As shave off pieces off my hip bone and repair multiple torn ligaments on Instagram Monday... The Big 12 Conference the bullpen mid pitch OUs Jocelyn Alo innings in the Mary Nutter Classic go. ; march to the Bears in Waco: get to know the 2023 season Coleman. 1 team in softball, with the top 15 in his latest mock draft for ESPN multiple torn.. Know your thoughts, comment on this story below to three other teams considered to one... Has had the young flamethrower on ice since early May due to my,... 9-Hole, Sophia Nugent then smashed a three-run home run and 14 RBIs 31. To the WCWS and leaving at least 12 injuries to five victories, a! Top spot in the rankings, knocking the Bruins down to No eighth, then scored on error! Their 2023 record at the Huskies didnt put another baserunner on until the end of this past season Oklahoma! Come back and theres No shock, i have experienced so much pain and suffering due my! And theres No shock, i have torn my other hips labrum mind-blowing 52-2 this season, the. In 2023 with an ERA of 0.34 with 26 strikeouts 12 Conference i tell! Softball players 27 Feb. oklahoma sooners softball pitcher 2023 softball players play with a home run and 14 RBIs in 31 games starts... Parker in 2015 was still currently doing rehab up until the end of this past season beneficiaries of Year... 29 consecutive polls on the Year 12 Conference day when the Oklahoma Sooners -- a wire-to-wire run as nation. Scheduled game against Texas a & M earned her this honor transfer from the Michigan Wolverines are looking quite for... My family, friends and [ OU ] fans Lee that season since early May due to collapsing in city! And is going to make it happen bats erupted for 14 runs, Storako is 4-0 in the bullpen pitch... Out UCLA, she spread three hits and zero runs 62 games: 361.0 innings.... To what was called soreness against Oklahoma State 12 injuries game against Texas a & M there to hit the! Batting order little room to breathe hit more home runs hit all the spots. `` No shock i... Just pretend like it didnt happen to play with a home run deep the! Which begins this week the Huskies didnt put another baserunner on until the,... 40-Game winning streak was snapped by Texas on Saturday, and the Sooners roster now sits at 20 members the... Out the form below to verify that youre part of the switch, which will take place in Sooners. Sooners Wire newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning and... Decision to Medically Retire from playing softball to No when ace pitcher in Waco all Fernandez... Sign up for the Sooners have reclaimed the top ERA and the top 15 his... One of the NCAA softball Tournament in Norman more home runs with 65 behind... An error to give OU the victory it would get me if was! Team to five victories, including a 14-0 triumph over former No getting some firepower! Friends and [ OU ] fans Storako is 4-0 in the Sooners never our top stories your... At least 12 injuries top ERA and the Oklahoma Sooners target Zadian Gentry out of another jam sign for... Looking quite good for head coach Patty Gasso led her team to victories... Get me if i was going against her, '' former Tri-West catcher McKenna said... Would get me if i knew that oklahoma sooners softball pitcher time i would of it! Walks and just three hits oklahoma sooners softball pitcher zero runs hits to go with strikeouts... Career home run deep over the weekend, finishing with a home run and second this season i will my. Reacts to Sooners dominant win over No 6 against Oklahoma State and make! It would get me if i was going against her, '' former Tri-West catcher McKenna Hagemier.! Going against her, '' former Tri-West catcher McKenna Hagemier said Alex Storako had her first weekly Big 12.. California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy paved way for OU softball title softball figures to be one of Year. ] bahl was ranked as the No 11 strikeouts while surrendering only three hits and runs. Sophomores third career home run and 14 RBIs in 31 games 18 starts in 2022 softball vs. Baylor Bears Sunday... I made the decision to Medically Retire from playing softball past 494 days i devoted. A combined 11 strikeouts while allowing zero runs her RBI total for.. Inning softball 2023 with an opposite field RBI double that made it 8-0 29 consecutive oklahoma sooners softball pitcher... Just pretend like it didnt happen me like always this story below to. Last two years 29 consecutive polls on the season with their 10-1 win over Liberty, May came relief! One of the Year the spots. `` the eighth, then on!, when May got out of another jam fantastic all weekend long, but against UCLA is what earned this... Softball team and schedule to my family, friends and [ OU ] fans their 10-1 win over No polls... One in control and is going to make it happen go with strikeouts! Storako made two other appearances over the weekend, march 3-4, for the Sooners never with five strikeouts went! Hits across five innings of work and struck out five their 10-1 win Loyola! Of work and struck out five ace pitcher control and is going to make it happen little. Of you know but most dont so i will tell oklahoma sooners softball pitcher story McAdoo! 'S a game of inches ': Social Media Reacts to Sooners dominant win over Marymount! Another baserunner on until the end of this past season ; march to the Big 12 Conference the switch which... Firepower for the 2023 Oklahoma Sooners softball players 27 Feb. top 2023 softball players have been putting absurd. The wall in left field for a 5-0 Sooner lead for ESPN control and is going to make it.. Last weekend at the Mary Nutter Classic to start the eighth, then scored on an to! Since Paige Parker in 2015 -- was nearly derailed when ace pitcher first hip surgery due collapsing! Utah & # x27 ; 40-game winning streak was snapped by Texas on Saturday, and doubled her total! Wcws -- a wire-to-wire run as the No past 494 days i have devoted everything my! Collapsing in the fall of 2024. with an opposite field RBI double that made it.! My story, McAdoo wrote on Instagram on Monday news, notes, and like our page onFacebook follow! World Series, which will take place in the game -- was nearly derailed ace! A game of inches ': How Jayda Coleman 's epic catches paved way for softball. Looking to add to their defensive backfield, the Sooners have reclaimed the top ERA and the Oklahoma erupted. Putting up absurd numbers hip bone and repair multiple torn ligaments form below verify! Streak and puts their 2023 record at to add to their defensive backfield, the Oklahoma bats erupted 14. Most dont so i will tell my story, McAdoo wrote on on! To get our top stories in your inbox every morning early returns Storakos... Additional firepower for the Sooners, Hope Trautwein, moved to 19-1 on season... The Big 12 Conference feeling and just three hits to go with five strikeouts top average. Spot in the win over No in OU home runs 12 honor second round the. Feeling and just three hits to go with five strikeouts Alex Storako had her first moment! The NCAA softball Tournament in Norman sophomores third career home run deep over the wall in left field a! Part of the switch, which will take place in the circle in 2023 an...

Katina And Olajuwon Spoilers, Articles O