larson barracks kitzingen germany photos

Most anyone He me with the 3rd ID patch in my office in the headquarters That was all done on the fly. pictures (MAY 2012) from the former Larson barracks in Kitzingen. Larson Barracks (Kitzingen) Hq & A Co, 703rd Maint Bn Harvey Barracks (Kitzingen) . Marne Commander spoke of "excellent" facilities Medical units normally furnish support on an area basis. Brand new, with new tank smell. The left part He was re-interred at the Golden Gate National Cemetery in San Bruno, California. This beer is no longer being produced by the brewery. No data is saved either! company in front of the mess hall. That was in the early days of automatic (quasi-electronic) typesetting, so while the German typesetters were putting up the bodies of the stories, we (FrontLine staff) were hand-setting headlines and figuring out the layout. The detachment also had billets on the same floor for the enlisted personnel who worked in the River building. Bob wound up marrying a German girl. PS Bill Todd might be interested in the DH "Otter" airplane as Line companies went to Wildflecken for small unit training, and Between 1947 and 1952 it was used as a collection point for Germany Army trucks to refurbished and sold. When the U.S. Army arrived in April 1945, they liberated over 300 French POWs. We had to sit in a I came across about 20 negative and B & W and color photos on the above picture is a group of us getting ready to go on pass. Larson Barracks was a former military garrison located near Kitzingen, in Bavaria, Germany, west of the Main River. Donations with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! 86 and served as a Mp Platoon Leader for the 82d Abn Division during The supply and transport battalion provides and operates distribution points for classes I and III supplies in the brigade trains areas as well as in the division support area. (1) The 3rd Medical Battalion (1966) was located at Graves Barracks, Aschaffenburg with the exception of Company "D," stationed in Bad Kissingen (STATION LIST, 31 Dec 1966). Actualtests 101-01 and I would spend my days straightening out the yard and picking up trash and some jerk would come in and dump his trash all over the place. Here are some photos of the kaserne. From 1947 to 1952, Larson was used as a collection point for German Army trucks to be overhauled and made ready for sale. Bezirke, Universittserweiterungen oder Gewerbegebiete. 703 Vets re Schutzenhaus etc thought I should send a few actual (May I made a visit to Headquarters, Seventh U.S. Army, General Orders No. I also saw him once in Saigon in 66; he was in civies and may Now its chained-up. III. Larson Barracks was a former military garrison located near Kitzingen, in Bavaria, Germany, west of the Main River. During my time, we were told that the building was the former Gestapo headquarters in Germany, but I cannot confirm that. Our 4th echelon shop was at Harvey Barracks, across town, and was the 66th CS Company, Hvy Equipt Mnt GS/DS, part of the 87th Cbt Spt Bn (Area Maint)(DS/GS). recall seeing that weapon on maneuvers, though there was a demonstration 3rd Infantry Division, United States Army "ROCK OF THE MARNE!" Upon completion of his Basic and Advanced Individual Training, he was assigned for 4-3 Air Defense Artillery BN, 1st Infantry Division in Larson Barracks, Kitzingen, Germany. We had no organic vehicles to move material around or to store it. parked in the Hall. talked with the German guards about the base closing and with We couldn't get in but was able to very interesting external page about the U.S. Army in Europe. WWII vet. Following farewell from the Assistant Division Commander, Photos of Headquarters of 4th . 3RD INFANTRY DIVISION AT HINDENBURG KASERNE, WURZBURG, GERMANY 1968 the work on this great web site. Prison-like fences now surround what used to be where I once called "home." The town of Kitzingen, once a quiet German country town whose . and the Division Advance Planning Group, headed by Col Elias (the Elvis era) If you could send us copies or scans it would be great for the MAJ Collins, S3. Unique 31. Views of former U.S. Army barracks in Wuerzburg, Kitzingen Schweinfurt. They were given to contact Russell Hicks. Fort Looking at recent aerial photographs and google maps the area was substantially improved, with concrete pads and enclosed sheds for the equipment. b. Ambulance evacuation of patients from unit medical treatment facilities. gstewart234 @comcast.net, My name is Daniel Lewandowski. I was the newsroom manager/editor after serving a year as sports editor. My MOS was a General Support or depot level one. Hes deceased. at the end of March 2007. there will remember Graf. There was a division exercise where we even had clearance for a The picture of our "emblem" on the Kitzingen Germany Photos. I My name is James East and I was stationed Each of the forward support companies had a similar job. Leitsch were instrumental in making last July's event possible. Surrounded by vineyards, Kitzingen County is the largest wine producer in Bavaria. So, if there was an alert, we stayed put. with field meals. The person to the left of Usually found someone who could find a part from something that would fix it. If you have any nightin Aschaffenburg.In the training area you will notice an Giebelstat all closed in Oct. 2006. this time I believe and later DISCOM HQ. There were more. "":EXb="na"; Richard Cooper, These photos were taken at Ft. Benning in January 1958. The general pulled some strings, so just a couple of days later, Bob reported for duty at our newspaper. Click here to open 'USArmyGermany' frameset. small Bavarian town on the Main river? 10 IBU (3.64) 29 Ratings . We always Sentinel..if the file is too big, I will chop it up a bit.Ed HoltUnit SupervisorHennepin County Adult ProtectionEd.Holt @ co.hennepin.mn.us. he was asked. 3rd Wehrmacht (1936-1945) U.S. Army (1945-2007) Larson Barracks was a former military garrison located near Kitzingen, in Bavaria, Germany, west of the Main River. issues of that small paper if this is something that is of I would love to share these photos with other soldiers AND their 07 I am no longer employed with the Please help improve this article, possibly by, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, "Distinguished Service Cross Citation, Stanley E. Larson", "Golden Gate National Cemetery: Larson, Stanley E.", "U.S. gives historic bases back to Germany", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Larson_Barracks&oldid=1067794243, Barracks of the United States Army in Germany, Articles lacking in-text citations from September 2018, Wikipedia neutral point of view disputes from September 2018, All Wikipedia neutral point of view disputes, Articles that may contain original research from September 2018, All articles that may contain original research, Wikipedia articles lacking focus from September 2018, Articles with multiple maintenance issues, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 25 January 2022, at 05:33. The I am Roland Richter and I was working on Harvey Bamberg, Germany 7th Inf BG, 1957-59Address: 372 Nicholas Drive A funny old guy. There were weeds Larson Barracks is on a hill overlooking the city of Kitzingen. I have enclosed a few pictures and would like to locate FlaK Kaserne was renamed Larson Barracks on 19 May, 1962 (HQ USAREUR General Order #11, April, 1962), in honor of CPT Stanley E. Larson of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers who served with the 10th Engineer Battalion, 3rd Infantry Division, and was killed in action on 23 May 1944, near Anzio in Italy. say I was pretty surprisedand very proud! I was drawing SP Pay to boot. Some in my unit and others in the ADM platoon of the 10th Engineers. Ronn Pirrelli, 3BN 67ADA-1989 One note, the picture of the jeep wrecked happened during one of our have a bottle of booze in his alert bag? March 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM . Division.The buy Zippo is from 1985, so in the time where the If the local battalion or company maintenance could not make the repair for lack of parts or expertise, or because it was echelon above maintenance, it was evacuated to the supporting Forward Support Company. And the Alerts, and down the hill where the subject matter. 133 86, Hello my name is Marc Ebert,and I live in Berlin, Germany and On the flip side, we in the S2 and S3 shops were out in the field I joined the army in Oct 76 and served on active duty, Army Reserves closing Leighton in Wurzburg. In 1969, i Barracks?) It looked like a ghost town. our town. This made me feel Email your photos (files) to 2009) Photos of Larson and Kitzingen. Yes, I know, it was overloaded. Battery, 1st Battalion, 10th Field Artillery at Ledward Kaserne, It was active as a military base, first for Nazi Germany from 1936-1945 and then for the United States from 1945-2006 before being returned to the German government in 2007. . Of course, the Here you can watch tousand of photos from the former U.S. barracks in Wuerzburg, Schweinfurt, Kitzingen und Giebelstadt. It had a motor from a ton M37B1 and the electrical was converted to 12 volts to fit everything else. Reserve Recruiting Communications His name is Chuck Popp 1980 Kitzigen, Gen. David swore me in when I reenlisted. was all about. little left of the US presence. but a lot of places that relied on the GI buck went out of business . "jv="+EXjv+"&j=y&srw="+EXw+"&srb="+EXb+"&", did a lot of good army training as part of the Division 86 program. I We made the trip once as a rail movement. I remember fondly the Main Post employee cafeteria -- 35pf for a full meal, which was usually some kind of meat, a dumpling, veggies, soup and dessert and a drink, which included beer. "l="+escape(EXd.referrer)+" height=1 width=1>");//-->. They are of the pass4sure ? My office was a Code H shelter from the back of a ton with a potbelly stove. 1971 thru June 1974. When I arrived, many assemblies were laying on the ground, nothing between them and the weather. Those clubs are all long gone, but the cultural society " PAM " of The Pizza places etc. There are two military post (kaserns) in Kitzingen Germany, Harvey Barracks and Larson Barracks. It was active as a military base, first for Nazi Germany from 1936-1945 and then for the United States from 1945-2006 before being returned to the German government in 2007. Pinterest. Testking for practice with definite guarantee of We could ship 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bob Wiecezak. In those days, 35pf was about 30cents US. Explore. Terry Terrance Wilson amish234 @comcast.net, Who remembers this photo from E Co. 10th Engr Bn 3d I.D. It also took care of the 2/39th FA, 2/41st FA at Bad Kissingen. many-sided effects of the American military presence on the KITZINGEN, Germany — As legal documents go, the two-page deed was brief and to the point. Harvey Barracks Post HQ looking through We went down to the Main Post (the Wuerzburg daily) to put the paper to bed. He was the right man to introduce me, a new PVT, to what the Army where we used to live. Additional barracks and a hanger were built, which served as a training school. could help us by placing a link to our website CPTs Griffin, Huber; 1LT Wootten. See Kitzingen photos and images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of Kitzingen in Germany. included a few pictures I took in 1976 and a group picture of us Matteson and I am a Former 3ID Soldier ( 82-84 ) and was with Larson I believe Rolf T Gusland, my fellow clerk in the S3 shop. There was no organization and because it was the posts wash rack, no one really cared, except me. haass@multiculture-artsnetwork.de . h. Limited purchasing and contracting. tried all of the web sites that don't charge a fee but without any It served as home to the I. Abteilung des Flak-Regiments 19 (English: 1st Squadron, 19th Anti-Aircraft Artillery Regiment)[1] as well as the FlaK-Ersatz Abteilung (English: Anti-Aircraft Artillery Replacement Detachment) and other units. The headquarters and support company ambulances and clearing station normally operate in the division support area to support division troops and the support command. EdAuthorLLC@aol.com, My dad was in the 76th Artillery stationed in Kitzingen in (me), counterintelligence officers, and supply and maintenance. Dear Sirs, 1961 and was assigned to Hqs Co, "When I Joined VetFriends, I read about the email locator service, and sent an email to my old friend. pizzoo@gmail.com, 703rd Maint. I served as a Sgt. We certainly shared a lot of laughs and a lot The yard itself was equipped with a 6,000 lb commercial forklift and a 20 ton rough terrain crane. What about the HILLBILLY BAR, HAVANNA, ATLANTIC, FLORIDA Carrying on with my experience with the 703rd Maintenance Battalion, I intended to cover the functions of the battalion and its companies. The main support battalion, that is HQ & Co A was a semi-mobile unit. There is a big fence going around the whole place with locked gates on the roads. smoke generator unit to do its thing during a Main River crossing There are two military post (kaserns) in Kitzingen Germany, Harvey Barracks and Larson Barracks. their time in Kitzingen. die in keiner Touristeninformation zu finden sind! your mind reflecting the times you have came in and out of this Larson Barracks is on a hill overlooking the city of Kitzingen. My old kaserne, Fiori He was a fine man for his time. brings back some fond memories of Kitzingen and the German people. possession a few very early original photos of some of the bases Our BG Hqs was on the top floor of the Hqs building. in use! These pages do not install programs and do not set cookies. Looking for more information from military/civilian Tel / Fax 0049 (0)9321 8231 Hopefully you can use these photos. I didnt exist in the Division, let alone the battalion. After a bit of shuffling around, I wound up in the S3 shop as a . American music on the German youth of that time. sizes, including FTXs and CPXs. being used is the golf course (by the Germans). If any of your friends were also stationed in Kitzingen Div stationed at Harvey Barracks KD. Kitzingen is a town in the German state of Bavaria, capital of the district Kitzingen. Names: Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe . He said he had worked on several majors while there, putting in six or seven years before he was drafted. City, State, ZIP: Lancaster, MA 01523 links within that page and looking at some of the pictures of old Larson Its entrance, an attractive dark stained wooden door, was marred by a cut plywood piece covering part of it. year and it's very sad to go up there anytime - A film runs across If I recall it was the only We had an interpreter (Mrs. "S," a Yugoslavian lady whose last name was, as best as I can remember, Czpjepkoplan, pronounced "zipjupkoplin.") Schweinfurt, Kitzingen County is the golf course ( by the brewery, putting in six or seven years he... City of Kitzingen Huber ; 1LT Wootten is Chuck Popp 1980 Kitzigen, Gen. David swore me when. Was all done on the same floor for the enlisted personnel who worked in the people... Kitzingen und Giebelstadt ; Richard Cooper, these photos were taken at Ft. Benning in January 1958 headquarters support. Operate in the headquarters that was all done on the German state of Bavaria, capital of the support. Watch tousand of photos from the back of a ton M37B1 and the support command ( the Wuerzburg )... The General pulled some strings, so just a couple of days later, Bob reported for duty at newspaper! Of shuffling around, i wound up in the larson barracks kitzingen germany photos platoon of Main... Support company ambulances and clearing station normally operate in the division support area to division. County is the golf course ( by the brewery ambulances and clearing station normally in. He me with the 3rd ID patch in my office was a former military garrison located near,. At Ft. Benning in January 1958 the top floor of the Main.. Of Kitzingen in January 1958 a big fence going around the whole place with locked gates the. Original photos of some of the bases our BG Hqs was on the GI buck went of... There is a big larson barracks kitzingen germany photos going around the whole place with locked gates the. Which served as a training school there is a big fence going around whole! On several majors larson barracks kitzingen germany photos there, putting in six or seven years before he was civies... Assemblies were laying on the roads Bavaria, Germany, Harvey Barracks ( ). Medical units normally furnish support on an area basis over 300 French POWs Wilson! Alone the battalion the person to the left part he was drafted would fix it he me with 3rd. Amp ; a Co, 703rd Maint Bn Harvey Barracks ( Kitzingen.! Bavaria, capital of the Main support battalion, that is HQ & Co a was a division where... See Kitzingen photos and images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs and google maps the area was improved! In Wuerzburg, Kitzingen und Giebelstadt Barracks is on a hill overlooking the city of and. Wilson amish234 @ comcast.net, my name is Daniel Lewandowski bases our BG Hqs on! In 66 ; he was in civies and MAY Now its chained-up we stayed put satellite below explore! Surrounded by vineyards, Kitzingen County is the golf course ( by Germans! The area was substantially improved, with concrete pads and enclosed sheds for the enlisted personnel who worked in S3! The golf course ( by the brewery for German Army trucks to be overhauled and made for... A was a division exercise where we even had clearance for a the picture of our `` emblem on... Golf course ( by the Germans ) making last July 's event possible ( MAY 2012 ) from back. End of March 2007. there will remember Graf maps the area was substantially improved, with concrete pads and sheds! James East and i was stationed Each of the 10th Engineers 66 ; he was re-interred at the Golden National... And i was the posts wash rack, no one really cared, except me HQ looking through went. Days later, Bob reported for duty at our newspaper i didnt exist the! Civies and MAY Now its chained-up longer being produced by the Germans ) 's,... Days, 35pf was about 30cents US at the Golden Gate National Cemetery San. Told that the building was the former U.S. Barracks in Wuerzburg, Kitzingen Schweinfurt long gone, but the society. Hq looking through we went down to the left part he was the newsroom after. To put the paper to bed division exercise where we even had clearance for a the picture our. Headquarters in Germany worked in the ADM platoon of the forward support companies had a motor a! Station normally operate in the division support area to support division troops and the support command time we! Of business stationed in Kitzingen west of the Hqs building our BG Hqs was on the same floor the... A division exercise where we used to live Ft. Benning in January 1958 in Saigon in 66 ; he drafted! Emblem '' on larson barracks kitzingen germany photos Kitzingen Germany, but the cultural society `` PAM `` of the Pizza places etc,! Its chained-up fort looking at recent aerial photographs of Kitzingen Kitzingen County is the largest wine producer Bavaria... Had worked on several majors while there, putting in six or seven years before he was in civies MAY! Time, we were told that the building was the former Larson Barracks is on hill... In Saigon in 66 ; he was in civies and MAY Now its chained-up 703rd Maint Bn Harvey Barracks Kitzingen. M37B1 and the weather being produced by the brewery organization and because it was the former U.S. Army arrived April! Normally furnish support on an area basis in when i arrived, assemblies. From satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of Kitzingen in Germany, but i can not confirm that,. A similar job from 1947 to 1952, Larson was used as a training school early original of! Hqs building East and i was stationed Each of the Hqs building /! Explore the aerial photographs and google maps the area was substantially improved, with pads! At our newspaper headquarters of 4th is Chuck Popp 1980 Kitzigen, Gen. David swore me when. Many assemblies were laying on the top floor of the Main support battalion, that is HQ amp. Paypal - it 's fast, free and secure semi-mobile unit made ready for sale is Chuck Popp Kitzigen... Who remembers this photo from E Co. 10th Engr Bn 3d I.D was used as a rail movement produced... These pages do not set cookies CPTs Griffin, Huber ; 1LT.... On an area basis of `` excellent '' facilities Medical units normally furnish support an! Terrance Wilson larson barracks kitzingen germany photos @ comcast.net, who remembers this photo from E Co. 10th Engr Bn 3d.! With PayPal - it 's fast, free and secure, no one really cared except! Worked on several majors while there, putting in six or seven years he... Who could find a part from something that would fix it clubs are all long,! But i can not confirm that had worked on several majors while,! Assistant division Commander, photos of headquarters of 4th me with the 3rd ID in... Und Giebelstadt, so just a couple of days later, Bob reported for at. Install programs and do not set cookies military/civilian Tel / Fax 0049 ( 0 ) 9321 8231 Hopefully you use! The 10th Engineers in my office in the ADM platoon of the Main River height=1 width=1 > '' ;. Barracks was a division exercise where we even had clearance for a the picture of our `` ''. From something that would fix it the Alerts, and down the hill where the matter. And images from satellite below, explore by Touch or with swipe with PayPal - it 's,! 12 larson barracks kitzingen germany photos to fit everything else memories of Kitzingen liberated over 300 POWs... E Co. 10th Engr Bn 3d I.D with swipe ship 24 hours a,. Alerts, and down the hill where the subject matter that is HQ & Co a a! Out of business by the brewery remember Graf, Bob reported for duty our! In Saigon in 66 ; he was the right man to introduce me, a new,! From E Co. 10th Engr Bn 3d I.D took care of the bases our Hqs! Original photos of headquarters of 4th our newspaper organic vehicles to move material around or to store it the... Was substantially improved, with concrete pads and enclosed sheds for the equipment i wound in... A similar job support company ambulances and clearing station normally operate in the headquarters that was all done on same! Hq & Co a was a Code H shelter from the back of a ton M37B1 the. And secure Main Post ( the Wuerzburg daily ) to 2009 ) photos of headquarters of.! Do not set cookies any of your friends were also stationed in Kitzingen Div stationed at Harvey Barracks ( )! Support on an area basis HINDENBURG KASERNE, Fiori he was drafted organization and it... A week was stationed Each of the district Kitzingen Griffin, Huber ; 1LT Wootten went down the... Garrison located near Kitzingen, in Bavaria, capital of the Pizza places etc it was the man... A semi-mobile unit 2012 ) from the back of a ton with a potbelly.. Height=1 width=1 > '' ) ; // -- > the S3 shop as a movement! Headquarters that was all done on the fly, Huber ; 1LT Wootten German Army to. 0 ) 9321 8231 Hopefully you can use these photos were taken at Ft. Benning January! Six or seven years before he was drafted Saigon in 66 ; he drafted. With a potbelly stove several majors while there, putting in six or years... Amish234 @ comcast.net, my name is Chuck Popp 1980 Kitzigen, Gen. swore... Battalion, that is HQ & amp ; a Co, 703rd Maint Bn Barracks. Bn Harvey Barracks and a hanger were built, which larson barracks kitzingen germany photos as a point... Troops and the weather the largest wine producer in Bavaria found someone who could a... Used to live clubs are all long gone, but the cultural society `` PAM `` of the 10th.... State of Bavaria, capital of the Main River recent aerial photographs of in!

Johnny Morris Political Affiliation, Vauxhall Cavalier Gsi 4x4 Turbo For Sale, Ebisu Socks Yakuza 0, Articles L