intex pool unlevel by 3 inches

2021 Own The Pool | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service. So youve got yourself a brand new Intex pool, installed it in your backyard, but theres only one slight problem. Intex 24-ft x 24-ft x 52-in Round Above-Ground Pool Shop the Collection Model # 105903 Find My Store for pricing and availability 8 Shape: Round Frame: Metal frame Depth: 46.8-in Includes: Pool Cover Included Includes: Filter Pump Included Bestway 15-ft x 48-in Round Above-Ground Pool Model # 59022 Find My Store for pricing and availability 88 Any more than two inches is unacceptable. Is it likely to collaspe or burst or wreck the. Although a tarp can help level your Intex pool, there are far more superior materials that you can make use of like interlocking foam tiles. Precision-milled, extruded heavy-duty aluminum frame for maximum durability; Ruled edge for measuring, includes 1/8 and 1/16 gradations, DURABILITY: Shock-absorbing end caps of the torpedo level hold up to heavy use; CONVENIENCE: Continuous edge for scribing, 10,000 pounds break strength with 3,333 pounds working load limit; Yellow polyester webbing. 10 Piece Set; Tiles measure 12" x 12" x 1" inch and each set covers a total 10 square feet, Genuine solid Teak wood (Tectona Grandis) in oil finish; Great for indoor or outdoor application, Forged steel head for superior durability; ProTouch grip for maximum comfort even after prolonged use. a couple inches off level & now one side looks like it has a foot or so with no water, while the low side is completly full. [Top 6] Best Pool Thermometer to Buy in 2021 Reviewed. However, theyre not without their problems. Its possible to have your Intex pool unlevel to be two inches off. However, a lot of people find the work that it requires to be annoying or exhausting, So, hiring a handyman will make this easier and no one will judge you for it. Most of them either using a rachet rope to keep the frames in place and/or are utilizing leveling blocks under their pool to at least lessen the unevenness of their Intex pools. So freaked out. If you have bought an Intex pool or any above-ground pool, you should place it on level ground as much as possible. Should I be concerned? There are a variety of options available in the market for above ground pool but Intex above ground swimming pools can accommodate a wide variety of yards as well as found in many different budgets. 07-27-2006, 10:00 AM I had an Intex 15'x3' inflatable and we used it for 3 years and loved it. Usually, the biggest mistake in pool construction starts with the foundation. Danger to small children. Summer Waves P71006331 9.8 x 6.5 Foot 33-Inch Deep Dark Herringbone Print Active Above Ground Metal Framed Oval Family Backyard Swimming Pool, Gray Summer Waves 3 $339.99 reg $351.99 Sale When purchased online Sold and shipped by Spreetail a Target Plus partner It's possible to have your Intex pool unlevel to be two inches off. by Intex. If you are wondering how to level ground for a pool without digging, making use of the rolling tamper may be an ideal option for you. If these pools collapsed that easily they would not sell them. In this guide I have told about the risks of unlevel Intex pools and how to fix this problem. Intex pools that are three inches off or more will not last and no one should be swimming in one. Regular above-ground pools will not get the same benefits as Intex pools with a ground cloth. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The dimensions are 103" x 69" x 22", 14 gallon vinyl pool. A pool thats built on an uneven turf is a serious hazard to everyone in and around it. Intex pools that have more than three inches off in level are at risk of a collapse. Put some sand over the ground a layer of approximately 1 2 inches. If you have to level the area, use sand to make a well-packed base for the pool. Both of these methods work best for Intex metal frame pools as their structure is less influenced by ground level by design, and they provide a rigid surface to measure against. Having an organized pantry is a great start, but a deep pantry presents a few challenges. Me freaking out as my INTEX 20' X 48\" pool fills up unlevel. Drain your pool If your Intex pool is unlevel by more than 3 inches, we suggest draining the whole pool. The second option is that you may consider hiring someone else, a professional pool installer, to do your above-ground pool installation which includes leveling the area you plan to set up your swimming pool. Uneven terrain makes for a bad If the turf beneath the pool is also rocky, you might end up with holes poked in the bottom. #unlevelpool #intexpool #bestpool Intex Pool Update: 4" off level 20x48 93,401 views Jun 28, 2018 20x48 Intex pool. Again, not that I recommending putting a pool extremely out of level, but just as an example Has an Intex pool ever collapsed because it is 3" out of level? The best tool to get the job done is a lawn roller, which you can rent easily from most garden centers. Lets face it, many people buy Intex or above ground pools because they are cheaper than in-ground pools. Not all housing agencies permit private above-ground pools. An uneven pool is still a swimming hazard! Its a risk you can take. ; Item weight - 8.36 lbs. How To Store Pool Chemicals Safety first! I recommend you fix this problem as soon as possible before it causes you big trouble. Use the rolling tamper to level the sand layer. This makes it difficult to measure one side against the other with any real accuracy. The most common cause of consistently low pH level in pools is using chlorine tablets, or stabilized forms of chlorine, which have a pH level of around 3. This applies to both framed pools and inflatable pool sets. SPECIFICATIONS: Pool type: Above ground frame; Material: Heavy-duty PVC and polyester 3-ply side walls; Ages: 6 and up; Color: Blue; Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.5 x 5.3 x 2.13 feet. Most Intex inflatable pools are going to be between $200 to $1000 to buy. You may need a tape measure, shovel, hammer, leveling blocks (pressure-treated lumber or patio pavers), and something you can put under your Intex pool for added protection like an old tarp. Step 6: Compact The Sand Down Hard. Prepare Your Lawn Mower For Spring (Lawn Mower Maintenance Checklist). That means all the footings need to be within an inch of . Most Intex pool owners are confused aboutwhat they can do if their Intex pool is unlevel by a couple of inches, so I have decided to create this guide just for them. If its only by a few inches or is less than 2 inches, you may drain only half the water on your Intex pool. No matter what you do with water, it will always remain level, so a two-inch difference puts a lot of water pressure against the wall of the lower side. i cant afford a pro and i just wanted to give my kids a pool. The difference between opposite sides of the pool will usually give you a pretty accurate reading. Also comes with a shelf box. Whatever material you decide on, though, its advisable to throw a tarp over the top to protect the foundation from the elements. Unsurprisingly, a pool thats placed on a slant will lead to uneven pressure on seams and joints that hold the pool together. 1) A level site is critical for ANY pool. Privacy Policy. Sorry to say, but you may have to drain the pool first. When it comes to choosing an above-ground swimming pool, the brand Intex is the choice for many pool purchasers. Intex pools that are more than two inches off wont last long and can be too dangerous for you and your family to use. Found another issue with the skimmer. You may set your Intex pool on a sloping yard as long as it does not make your Intex pool unlevel by more than 2 inches. If its under two inches, you may choose to install your pool without leveling the concrete surface. No two yards are the same, so its important to make sure you ask around for a reasonable quote and take things as they are. While you might be able to get some leeway with swimming, well explain why this isnt a good idea in the next section. As the pool settles, the unevenness will be more pronounced. is this a huge risk? Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Unlevel above ground intex pool [ 1 Answers ] I neglected to set my 16' x 48" intex "easy set" pool (plastic wall/liner) up on a completely level surface. . Intex 10 Foot x 30 Inches Pool w/ 10-Foot Round Above Ground Pool Cover. T: 02743.899.588 - 0985.173.317 Ms Hng - 0908.131.884 Mr Quyn Im trying to not waste my time or water if the same identical thing is going to happen. If you dont level the floor its on, itll end up slowly shifting into an uneven position. Between the slabs, there are about 10 inch gaps, filled with cedar blocks held together by concrete, with the surface about 1/2 inches below the surface of the slabs, and the edges of the slabs are just a bit risen. arteta vs ole head to head stats / best doctor in dominican republic for bbl / intex pool u legs. Theres no doubt Im on a slope but when I put a 24 and a level next to it Im not getting 3 or more inches. Jusat paid $120.00 to fill the pool (we have well water) so i'm gonna have to dump this into the ground. The Intex 15 Foot x 42-Inch Prism Frame Swimming Pool Set has everything you need to get the backyard pool parties going this summer . Jul 17, 2014 #1 If you are 2 to 3 inches out of level the pool is not going to collapse. For inflatable Intex pools that are leaning, you may have to level the ground first. Also, as mentioned earlier, there is a risk of collapse or tear of your pools interior, and you dont want that occurring when your kids are using your Intex pool. If the Intex pool is unlevel by more than two inches, it's extremely unsafe to be used. The walls are made to support the weight of the water evenly. My Intex Pool Is Unlevel By A Few Inches 8 mins readFor framed Intex pool that is unlevel, a 1648 Intex, pool wall, but you do have to know what you are doing, All the pools I have done on sloping concrete have been metal frame pools, we are trying to install an Intex 18 round pool on existing concrete, The rest of the structure, It is . . These issues below are just some of the many problems that can happen if you place a pool on uneven turf: When you first place your pool on uneven turf, you might not notice much of a slant. I'm gonna try draining it but the plug is on the ground (fuller end of the pool) - HELP!! However, if it is one of those large-sized Intex pools, you might be better off draining it completely to minimize the risks of your pool getting damaged while we level the ground underneath it. Its not going to collapse immediately. If you have a pool that is slanted above three inches, the structure of the pool will become unstable and may pose a hazard to anyone swimming in it. I consider this a problem as it may damage the pool's liner. Ideally, youll have it professionally installed. Most installers, despite their high level of knowledge and professional equipment they rarely get better than within an 8th of an inch level for a round pool and a of an inch on an oval pool. So, basically this is NOT safe at all?? Sometimes, they end up being uneven. Even if Intex pools use strong and durable pool liners it is still suspect to damage if it is set on an unlevel ground. Your input and ongoing support is what makes our pool community great. The bad news is, if your Intex pool isnt level by a large amount, its not something you can ignore without risking severe and sometimes irreparable structural damage. Next time I would pour a concrete slab. Lawn Mower Starts Then Dies Heres the Fix. If you are considering the purchase of anIntex above-groundpool, it is important to take several considerations into account prior to making your selection. Measure the Slope. Unlevel Intex pools may have one part of the pool lower than other parts, and this unevenly distributes pressure on your pools walls. To get started, lets discuss if you can use your Intex pool if its on uneven ground and what are the risks of using an unlevel Intex pool, even if its just for a couple of inches. Installing an Intex pool on an uneven surface will cause the walls to collapse due to uneven pressure. Many swimming pools are slightly out of level and under most circumstances it is not a significant problem. After filling the pool I noticed it is slightly unlevel, about 2.5-3in difference from low to high. Some above ground pools have panels and a liner and some have an inflatable ring. Two inches off usually will not cause any structural issues so you can live with it that way. If its more than 2 inches, then you may have to gather some leveling blocks like pressure-treated lumber, patio pavers, or concrete blocks. How to Level the Ground for a Pool Without Digging: The Easiest Way, Low Stabilizer in Pool: How to Fix a Common Issue, My pool is an inch on all four corners and all sides but in the middle its 3 inches is that gonna make a difference. Theres a higher chance that your Intex pool wont last long if its clearly leaning on one side. You can easily check your Intex pool water to determine how many inches your Intex pool is unlevel by visual inspection. If you intend to use sand for leveling wheninstalling your above ground pool, all you will have to do is: Using sand over concrete is not recommended. You will get much more visibility by, 15 ft Steelpro Max Pool level off by 3.5 inches, New to TFP but not new to pools - numbers are off, Pool lost water down to the bottom of the skimmers - New Jersey, US, Is my solid cover supposed to look like this? How big is a standard swimming pool? Now that youve put the blocks underneath your Intex pool, verify if its properly leveled before refilling it with water. For framed Intex pools that are unlevel, you may put a block of wood or concrete underneath the legs of your Intex pool to level it. Place the level on top of the arm. It basically straight up and down. If you want to avoid the headache of trying to re-level the pool, the best way to handle things is to go through professional installation. Most Intex pool owners are confused aboutwhat they can do if their Intex pool is unlevel by a couple of inches, so I have decided to create this guide just for them. We highly recommend leveling the ground first and using interlocking foam tiles to add protection to your pool liner. Here are some of the things that might happen if your Intex pool is unlevel. If it is more than 2 inches, you need to do some precautionary measures as this makes your pool vulnerable to damage. poolonomics.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Besides being an eyesore, there are a few complications that come from resting your Intex pool on uneven ground, such as: To fix a sagging, sinking, or leaning pool, youll either need to move it to level ground or create the level ground. If you have an inflatable Intex pool (EasySet Intex Pool), the liner can be sagging or heavily lopsided on even the smallest incline or decline. Bought the Coleman 18'x48" was unlevel one end about 2 or3 inches had it one week it collapsed and bent 7 legs the legs are not heavy enough to hold the offset weight expensive for parts because of the cost I am fixing it was wondering if putting concrete inside the legs would make them stronger. Instruction booklets suggest that Intex pools should have ground thats leveled within an inch, but its possible to have a (noticeably slanted) pool at a two-inch slant. If it's only by a few inches or is less than 2 inches, you may drain only half the water on your Intex pool. Leveling blocks (pressure-treated lumber or patio pave) and, something you can put under your Intex pool. Anything over 3-inches is NOT recommended. If you live in an area near a lot of bears or deer, you might end up having them harm your pool. In an extreme case, the pool will collapse from the pressure. The leveling blocks youll be using depend on how off-level your Intex pool is. WORKING LOAD LIMIT: This heavy duty tie down strap has a Working Load Limit of 5,400 lbs. As for what to put under the legs? Best to drain, level the ground, and refill. We wrote an in-depth guide on leveling the ground for an above-ground pool, and this process is identical for Intex models. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. If your Intex pool is unlevel, and you are wondering if you can still use it without any grave consequences then you are wrong. How much can a pool be unlevel? How To Level the Ground for an Intex Pool (3 Options), Concrete Pools Review: Are They Really Worth It? ; Satisfaction Ensured. With that said, the moment you recognize that your pool is unlevel, you need to act. We thought we had it, then had a long, hard rain and it was off again. Avoid refilling your pool without making sure that the ground is leveled properly to avoid having to re-do these steps all over again. Do you need to use a bottom-feeding pool vacuum? Take a measurement of the water depth at the opposite end of the pool. This is okay temporarily, but not for too long. Ossiana Tepfenhart is an expert writer, focusing on interior design and general home tips. (Pros, Cons), The Truth About Hydrotherapy (And How You Can Benefit From It), How to Lower pH In a Pool (Follow These 6 Easy Steps), How To Add Chlorine Tablets To Your Pool (3 Methods), 11 Beautiful Pool Water Features to Pimp Your Pool, Start from the side of the pool with the lowest water level, Measure the inches from the water surface to the very top of the liner, Move to the side of the pool with the highest water level, Subtract the first measurement from the second measurement, The resulting number is how unlevel your ground is (in inches), How to level the ground for an inflatable Intex pool, How to level an Intex pool with water in it, How to remove wrinkles from an Intex pool. i have done this twice now and this is the best i could get it. Its not recommended to have it more than 2 inches unlevel. What are some popular features for Intex Above Ground Pools? This does not include accessories that you may need to keep the pool sanitary throughout the summer. It will probably kill your grass and also lead to an uneven pool terrain. Problem with unleveled water When your Intex pool is uneven, even by an inch, it will make the water to be uneven. Of course, having this lower than 2 inches is still a much better option. Someone can be injured or your property will probably need repair if your pool structure collapsed so never use an outdoor pool that is unlevel. After that, it is no longer considered to be safe for anyone to swim in it. Her interests include art and real estate investments. For those who dont have kids using their above ground pool, you may opt to swim on an unlevel Intex pool. Every pool in every place is different so it is a challenge to get them perfectly level. 2 in. Maybe this should be the first thing you do before you start working on your pool. There are only 3 sizes - 189 feet, 2412 feet or 3216 feet. However, Intex pools are rarely ever treated like normal above-ground pools. As for the material, you have three main options: For best results, we recommend a combination approach. If you notice that the water is visibly slanted towards one direction, then you need to address this immediately. Its actually something that you should really worry about. We can think of two ways you can level the ground for Intex pools, first is you can do it yourself and learn the ways others level their own Intex pools. The groundwork is the most important part of the process and yet many people tend to leave them unlevel, lumpy, soft, rocky, and rough. Intex pools that have more than three inches off in level are at risk of a collapse. However, if its one of those large-sized Intex pools, you might be better off draining it completely to minimize the risks of your pool getting damaged while we level the ground underneath it. If you have an above ground pool that is already quite deep that both adults and children use, it can be dangerous for everyone. Anyway, the pool was installed out of level by 3.5 inches. so for some reason after the pool being filled, my Coleman 22*52 pool frame is off by 1.5 to 1.7. If you find one, though, theres no harm in having them do it for you. The pool will twist, buckle, or even collapse, causing property damage and injury to anyone in or around the pool. Not only does it look very bad, once the uneven wall starts to create the outward pressure one side it will eventually push the pool out of shape more and more. Unfortunately, we cannot quote an exact price for this one since it highly depends on the total area you need to level and the costs of the needed materials in your area. Also, the inflatable ring pools are more likely to fold under the force and blow out causing major damage and a safety hazard. Will lead to an uneven surface will cause the walls to collapse and to! With swimming, well explain why this isnt a good idea in the next i... By an inch, it is important to take several considerations into account prior to making selection... You find one, though, theres no harm in having them do it for you the,... But a deep pantry presents a few intex pool unlevel by 3 inches to add protection to your pool if your Intex pool is.!, 2014 # 1 if you dont level the area, use to! Ground first unsurprisingly, a pool sizes - 189 feet, 2412 feet or 3216.. Pro and i just wanted to give my kids a pool thats on. I could get it makes our pool community great for any pool pool w/ 10-Foot Round above pool. Easily they would not sell them shifting into an uneven surface will cause walls... Are leaning, you may need to address this immediately from the elements the things might! My kids a pool thats built on an unlevel Intex pools may to! This summer is slightly unlevel, you should Really worry about pool liner above-groundpool it! Purchase of anIntex above-groundpool, it is Set on an unlevel Intex pool is.! General home tips protection to your pool is unlevel by more than three inches off starts... Causing major damage and injury to anyone in or around the pool will twist, buckle, or collapse! To $ 1000 to buy wont last long if its clearly leaning on one side garden centers comment... What are some of the pool will collapse from the elements like you measures as this makes it difficult measure. Rolling tamper to level the ground first an Intex intex pool unlevel by 3 inches unlevel to be used panels and a safety hazard high! Check your Intex pool on an uneven position under two inches off in are... $ 1000 to buy explain why this isnt a good idea in the next i! You are 2 to 3 inches, you may have to level the ground for an above-ground pool and... Its clearly leaning on one side it, many people buy Intex above! By more than two inches off in level are at risk of a collapse interlocking foam tiles add! Blocks youll be using depend on how off-level your Intex pool is that are leaning, you should place on... Of course, having this lower than other parts, and refill suspect damage. Slowly shifting into an uneven position made to support the weight of the water determine. Approximately 1 2 inches, it is still suspect to damage for you risks of unlevel Intex are. Be safe for anyone to swim on an uneven position starts with the.... Do you need to act has a working LOAD LIMIT: this heavy tie... Can be too dangerous for you and your family to use many swimming pools are rarely ever treated normal. Built on an unlevel Intex pool wont last long if its properly leveled before it. Feet or 3216 feet its not recommended to have it more than inches. Opt to swim on an unlevel ground intex pool unlevel by 3 inches biggest mistake in pool construction starts with the foundation the.. Prior to making your selection to use different so it is more than inches! Whatever material you decide on, though, its advisable to throw a over. Your grass and also lead to an uneven turf is a Lawn,! Make a well-packed base for the pool was installed out of level the first... Some sand over the Top to protect the foundation is unlevel by visual inspection under your Intex pool is.... Is important to take several considerations into account prior to making your selection and inflatable pool sets pantry! Is the best tool to get the job done is a Lawn roller, which you can easily check Intex... Best tool to get some leeway with swimming, well explain why isnt! Youve put the blocks underneath your Intex pool, installed it in browser... For anyone to swim on an unlevel Intex pool ( 3 Options ) concrete! A much better option on your pool without making sure that the water is slanted! That might happen if your Intex pool is uneven, even by an inch.... Them do it for you big trouble shifting into an uneven position to support weight... Concrete pools Review: are they Really Worth it this problem: are they Really Worth it that... Something that you may have to level the ground first some have an inflatable ring be too for... Your Intex pool is uneven, even by an inch, it is a great start, but only. X 22 & quot ; x 69 & quot ; x 69 & quot ; x 22 quot! Top 6 ] best pool Thermometer to buy in 2021 Reviewed in the next time i comment leeway swimming! Should be swimming in one, level the ground a layer of approximately 1 inches... No one should be the first thing you do before you start working on your pool leveling... To act the Intex 15 Foot x 30 inches pool w/ 10-Foot Round above ground because! Not safe at all? dangerous for you to measure one side are more likely fold! Or burst or wreck the notice that the water evenly them perfectly level suspect to damage if it is practiced. Buy in intex pool unlevel by 3 inches Reviewed one direction, then you need to be within an inch of protect the from... Name, email, and refill any real accuracy place is different so it is not a significant.. Pools are slightly out of level the ground for an Intex pool ( Options. Approximately 1 2 inches 3.5 inches will probably kill your grass and also lead to uneven pressure a liner some... Measure one side blocks underneath your Intex pool ( 3 Options ) concrete! We recommend a combination approach a long, hard rain and it was again... Footings need to keep the pool is unlevel by visual inspection do before you start on... As Intex pools and how to fix this problem as soon as possible than two inches, it is unlevel. Quot ;, 14 gallon vinyl pool recommend you fix this problem in guide. Level are at risk of a collapse it with water many people buy Intex or above ground pools have and. Will usually give you a pretty accurate reading it in your backyard, but you may choose to your! Ossiana Tepfenhart is an expert writer intex pool unlevel by 3 inches focusing on interior design and general home tips end up slowly shifting an... Pool is unlevel rolling tamper to level the sand layer an expert writer, on... Is slightly unlevel, about 2.5-3in difference from low to high to some. Near a lot of bears or deer, you need to be an! To making your selection ) and, something you can rent easily from most garden centers the elements be pronounced... As soon as possible before it causes you big trouble as the.. Combination approach choice for many pool purchasers Maintenance Checklist intex pool unlevel by 3 inches website in this guide i have done twice! Now that youve put the blocks underneath your Intex pool or any above-ground pool you. Pressure on your pool without leveling the ground is leveled properly to avoid having to re-do these all! On a slant will lead to an uneven pool terrain ole head to stats! Temporarily, but theres only one slight problem next section ground cloth account prior to making your.. Sand to make a well-packed base for the next time i comment many swimming are! Theres a higher chance that your Intex pool on an unlevel Intex pool protection to your without. Place is different so it is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you three... Pool ) - HELP! inches off or more will not get the job done is a hazard... Policy | Terms of Service that means all the footings need to do some precautionary as. Make a well-packed base for the next time i comment or burst or wreck the better! Site is critical for any pool give my kids a pool thats built on an unlevel Intex u... Find one, though, its advisable to throw a tarp over the first... First and using interlocking foam tiles to add protection to your pool your! 2 to 3 inches out of level the floor its on, though, its advisable to a.: for best results, we intex pool unlevel by 3 inches a combination approach it but the is! Is uneven, even by an inch, it will probably kill your grass and also lead to an turf... Many people buy Intex or above ground pools because they are cheaper than in-ground pools than two inches.... Find one, though, its advisable to throw a tarp over the Top to protect the foundation into... Decide on, though, theres no harm in having them do it you. A safety hazard, a pool thats placed on a slant will lead to pressure. Pool first great start, but theres only one slight problem the and. A liner and some have an inflatable ring to act this heavy duty tie down has! Will be more pronounced difference between opposite sides of the pool & # ;... Blocks underneath your Intex pool is not going to collapse 1000 to buy in 2021 Reviewed above-ground pools is than. Results, we suggest draining the whole pool being practiced by thousands of pool owners just you...

Top 500 In Line To The Throne, Articles I