how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre

(11th January 2011 matinee, Stalls G12 and 13). Phantom of The Opera London: Fabulous - See 6,989 traveler reviews, 822 candid photos, and great deals for London, UK, at Tripadvisor. Less said the better! He has tremendous stage presence, his voice is flawless and the energy he put into the role was clear for all to see. As it is, it plays like the West End's granddad on life support, while there are young, vibrant shows out there in Theatreland. __________________________________, October 3rd 2016. We don't seem to have any photos from this section. ________________________________________, September 2015. I'm not overly keen on it, but my girlfriend wished to see it, so off we went. Her Majesty's Theatre Stalls. That said, there is something thrilling about the proximity to the actors you get in the lower section, and certainly the front rows are nowhere near as limited as in the Sumner. The girl lead was very good, as was The Phantom although the same cannot be said for Raoul he had a very weak voice and was totally overpowered by Christina (not sure of the name of girl who played her - but the dark haired one). However, very disappointed with Theatre Tickets Direct. The upper circle and balcony areas are tired and need refreshed. Key moments were missed - if I didnt already know what happens in key places Id be confused as to what was going on! I thought the voices of Christine and the Phantom were absolutely superb. Superb show straight from London's West End. A child near to me was given a cushion but still had problems seeing properly. Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, Ask elainag2015 about His Majesty's Theatre, Ask KarenC769 about His Majesty's Theatre, Ask KayleighMac about His Majesty's Theatre, Ask tommys203 about His Majesty's Theatre. This was incredibly disappointing too. Nic Greenshields was in the role, however! The other great thing is that you are not distracted by backstage activity - very professionally/smoothly done with black masking and respectfulness to audience members. There are some poles in the way and as has been said below the view can be blocked by the balcony above. Nat Keyskeys2494@yahoo.com My criticism of this theatre and show is that unless you book early, the theatre's seat allocations are actually not great (because ticket agencies take their allocations apparently), especially if like me you are picky with were you sit with Theatremonkey's advice at the ready! The citys grandest opera house, the State may not have the period charms of the Princess or the Regent, but it makes up for it with superb acoustics and a clever layout. We had seats F23 and F24 in the Stalls. I think it is criminal for the seats in the back row of the Royal Circle to be advertised and sold in the same price plan as seats with a far better viewing angle either elsewhere in the RC or in the stalls. One word of advise to first timers though, make sure you're sat in the first seven rows of the stalls or the first three of the dress circle. ____________________________, There are few productions still running in London with just as much panache and zest as they had when they started, and I truly think that Phantom is one of them. And as my friend said to him 'he has nice hair'. Probably the best view I have ever had at the theatre. We sell these seats because for many fans a restricted/side view is . I was extremely disappointed. The costumes and sets were magnificent. We were both absolutely blown away by the beginning when the music starts and the chandelier begins its ascent. My praise is reserved for McCanns masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with an explosive, concentrated, resonant Phantom. _________________________. Additionally, I am a 6ft tall fellow, and felt very comfortable, since I was on the aisle. Go see this man in this role before he leaves. The main character's "Phantom" and "Christine" were excellent and put so much into their performances. Scott Davies was back as the Phantom, a role he played a few years ago, and was mightily impressive. ______________________________. I was seated in row L seat 5 - totally great seats - at Her Majesty's Theatre. Overall we had a memorable night seeing a show that's rightly heralded as a classic - it hasn't jumped to the top of the list of my favourites, but in fairness a show with as much music in this particular style is never going to rank quite as highly as some others. I was beginning to change my opinion of him. ____________________. The only gripe is I had to move from side to side to see the centre of the stage, due to a tall gentleman sitting directly in front of me, but this must have applied to those sitting behind me due to my height. Theatremonkey, you are great for a lot of things but your opinion of Phantom is just plain wrong. Which seats I should ask for the best view Are you allowed to take outside food & drink into the venue? Monkey, Grrrrr. P.S. A "Must-See" indeed. The view from M is spot on otherwise the right distance and very central from 17/18. The Booker Prize-winning novel-now a major motion picture from Fox SearchlightPictures. Amazing seats which made the premium price worth it. _______________. Exactly what you want from a West End show - drama, excitement and a good old dose of gothicness! Multiple emails bounced between me and a specific person, wanting to know the date I phoned, the exact time, who I previously spoke to, the number I phoned from.. (all of which I was unable to provide) This went on for a week, and finally they said they were unable to find any trace of my call, as I was unable to provide enough information, but they did not doubt that I had indeed phoned, and that i was told incorrect information, and that they would refund me the full price of one of my tickets. Seating Maps Seating plans for performance spaces within His Majesty's Theatre. The songs are fantastic, the set is amazing and the storyline is exciting, maddening, and devastating all at once. These seats are very good. Ramin Karimloo played the Phantom. I sat in the Upper Circle. There is an aisle that runs mid-way through the auditorium, and the best seats are on either side of this aisle as these are the centre seats. Although you are blocked 15% of the stage, the play is so powerful that you can work around it. We sat in the Grand Circle D17 and D18 which is right in the middle. She played Christine with great intricacy and sensitivity. I would agree with the reviews, the seats are central and give a clear view of all areas of the stage. That first row or two in the centre of the dress circle are hard to beat, although the middle of the stalls is pretty fine too. It started as soon as I entered the theatre; it was a lovely, grand and majestic theatre - it made you feel like you were in the Paris Opera House. My personal choice would always be to go for the Dress but being offered 65 seats for 35 made the decision to go for stalls. I saw Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre around New Year's and it was amazing. >My mum and I sat in seats 18 and 19 of row A in the Upper Circle. In fact, I would say about a maximum of 10 minutes through the whole show is spent watching people lean. and Christine wasn't a shade of the beautiful, haunted talent she once was. The seats are a bit old and so aren't as comfortable as some other theatres that have been updated, but we had enough leg room. At this point, I didn't know what was happening to me, the music caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up and I felt a shiver down my spine. The tyranny of distance is lessened in the back of the stalls and dress circle thanks to the refurbishment, but depending on the scale of the production currently playing, you may wish to avoid the nosebleed sections if you want the best view in the house. UK The Regent is a wide space, too, so the sightline is fine even on the side ends. Why do actors have seats at the front of the stage? The major problem is the sound. The poor Phantom should get Christine! She's Portuguese so I'm guessing that English is not her first language, but you'd never guess from her performance. Enjoy amenities such as VIP entrance, parking, club access and more Need Help? 8 Grand Circle K8 reviews at the Her Majesty's Theatre (His Majesty's Theatre) General 3.5/5 View 3/5 Comfort 1/5 Legroom 4.5/5 Slightly restricted view 50% Avoid if you're short 50% based on 2 reviews Average seat price * min max 58.75 48.8 43.75 *based on 16 bookings made through various agents' websites. And would someone please get rid of the dummies used to make the stage look busier than it actually is!! I would definitely recommend this show. ____________________________, Went to see Phantom again last week (June 2007) it must be 15 years since I last saw it. Booked these seats having reviewed them on this website beforehand and would like to add my recommendation as I was very happy. Lo and behold, shortly after this, the people whose seats they had taken arrived which meant they had to move and the whole debacle started again with the whole row standing up. Best seats are dress circle A 19 and 20. I couldn't have been more wrong, from the very beginning I was hooked and when the chandelier swings into the audience with the spine chilling music the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Also if youve seen the show previously you know when to look up, and I saw the Phantom when he was in the gods - and also saw him when he was in the angel structure (I never noticed before that the sculpture's eyes and mouth are lit up when the Phantom is on it - which I never would have known if I hadn't sat there). I felt sorry for Earl that he had to work with such a bad performer who was overacting all the time. I was rather annoyed when a man came to the front of the Circle and told everyone to lean back. London She should have got the Phantom!!! Of course the story is daft, we all know that, but nevertheless it is pretty compelling and as with other big productions in London I just love the stagecraft involved which just makes me think oooh, thats clever the chandelier really is enormous, I was quite thankful I wasnt underneath it, the mirror, the magic tricks etc wonderful. Unfortunately, I enjoyed it a little less this year. Thechandelier was amazing and just above our heads and I felt like I could almost touch it when it flew in front of me at the beginning of act one! ________________________. He was brilliant and earned the standing ovation he received at the end. Add a reply. Dont recommend this seat at all. The big disappointment was Katie Knight Adams, I have never seen someone sing and act so badly on stage (and I have seen many shows). I have seen various actors and I have to say that the current cast, led by Ramin Karimloo is one of the strongest. We agree with your view that the show is 'lame', although I personally enjoyed it having embraced that fact. Tiny leg room, but otherwise an excellent seat! Ramin Karimloo was the Phantom and vocally I thought he was quite weak. Do not believe the hype, this show may be in its 21st year, but that is surely musical retirement age. I understand people have different tastes but this is ridiculous! It delivered as only Phantom can and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would call them up so they can tell you what the viewing problem is. >My favourites are: "Masquerade", "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" and "Think of Me", although I love all of it. The music and pure voices bring a lump to your throat and the way that the sets change around to create the different scenes is amazing. We've booked again.totally hooked!!! Very enjoyable, polished 5 star performance. It was impossible to not be impressed by many of the sets; I loved the opening of Act 2 on the grand staircase and what's not to like about a moving gondola, dry ice and let's-pretend candles! When we got there, two seats next to us were empty, so we moved two seats closer to the centre. The sound was much better from row N. I picked up almost every word, the view was much better, especially the effects and scenery. and the sound design needs perking up and mixing LOUDER! It was a privilege to see such a brilliant understudy and, whilst my wife and I will return for the matinee on 18th January hoping to see John Owen Jones, if Brian McCann happens to be playing again we know that we will not be disappointed. We were on the balcony in row B. However I decided I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm 5 foot 10 and my knees were several inches away from the start of the orchestra wall so that certainly wasn't an issue. The show is almost impossible to describe, as it is so good. Current new cast was excellent too John Owen Jones and Celinde Schoenmaker. Unfortunately - 50 is rather a stiff price to pay to see such a good performer. Sarah Ferguson has said Queen Elizabeth II was her 'total idol' - and admitted that when her former mother-in-law's corgis 'bark at nothing', she believes it's because the late monarch 'is passing . _______________________. Neither did they do anything to silence the couple behind us who were just carrying on a conversation during the show. I think all the seats in the stalls at both sides at the back will be the same. During the fog scene I could see the Phantom and Christine in the boat (squinting, admittedly, but you could see them). It depends so much on the show. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We checked on this site for seat info and had seats K23 and 24 in the stalls and found them very good, saw everything, my cousin is slightly taller than me so she could see the chandelier right to the top. There is a real depth of emotion conveyed by the music and the stage performances of the actors was excellent. Ways to Experience Her Majesty's Theatre London, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals. A small queue formed behind us from about 9.30am, and at 10am, the doors opened and we were first to the box office window. although we are both over 6ft tall, which no doubt helped. My wife and I were very much looking forward to seeing John Owen-Jones as Phantom, after recently seeing his superb Valjean. (Pic included, the other 3 members of the party were sat to my right)When we raised this with an usher we were told there was nothing that could be done on the night. Stalls B18 and B19: basically the perfect seats, and quite reasonably priced when on sale. First time we were in Premium Stalls 3 rows from the front. They've got it right in so much as the seats get less expensive as you move toward the wall, but the seats on the aisle and adjacent to that should also be reduced. I think all the Manchester Front of House staff should be sent to London to be trained! I was a little worried when I read about the huge cast overhaul that had been made a couple of days prior but I needn't have worried - I found the show magical, I sat mesmerised throughout the whole performance and had constant shivers running up and down my spine that started the moment they raised the chandelier at the auction house to the very end, it was wonderful! His performance moves you. The show itself is unfortunately starting to look a bit tired - some of the choreography and performances could do with being 'tightened up' a bit, and the proscenium arch of the intertwined naked figures could do with a good clean - and some of the drapes need washing! Anne Offer is only valid for weekdays after 4pm and all day weekends. If you want to see upbeat and twee dance numbers choreographed to perfection I can give you directions to the Adelphi! Restricted view Some seats at the theatre will be labelled as 'restricted view'. I thought I must have been tainted having seen the movie far too much, and that it was just me who was mildly disappointed by the acting efforts of Earl Carpenter and Oliver Thornton. To top all of this I had to look left towards the stage and needless to say I ended up with shoulder/neck ache!! Thanks for subscribing! Melbourne is blessed with a wealth of theatres, from the grand old dames like the, Shes currentlyhome to the biggest show Melbourne has seen in decades and judging bypast performances of. If you like the theatre, a must see, regardless of the opinions and stereotypes! The venue is just beautiful, fits perfectly for such show. _____________________, I went to see The Phantom of The Opera on the 1st December 2009 with a group of friends. Ticketek says the seats are restricted by support poles. A few seconds and I'd gone from wondering if we'll make the last orders at the pub, to being totally enthralled. The managers are the best I've seen in my humble opinion. That said, they were perfectly adequate; and, of them all, I thought the role of Madame Giry was played brilliantly. It's nice to hear the different levels he's brought to the role. Far better than the film version. I had totally forgotten the background story (of course I knew the Phantom/Christine bit) and so it was like watching it all for the first time. J Middleton of Sheffield But if your looking for a show to see in London go and see this, or end up kicking yourself as you leave some other poor show and see the audience leaving "Phantom" totally amazed. He was a constantly twitching, nervous character, rather like an alcoholic who is desperate for a drink but cannot get one. I suppose for me this was a last minute choice, and I was interested to see what the experience was like from the front row - but was worth it to hear the orchestra so close up and see it from a different perspective and for 57 certainly feel like I got my moneys worth and didn't feel ripped off. They were definitely met. No doubt there is a large amount of prima donna style 'drama', but come on! This theatre is in need of a massive refurb. I will agree though on one thing. In reality she is, but a little research told me she played Christine from September 2004 to October 2006 and received very good reviews, so hardly an understudy! Maybe would have been better volume-wise further back. The seats looked quite new and were very comfy. As soon as Rachel began to sing her first solo of the evening I got that same feeling I did as the music began, although this time more intense. You can even enjoy a show from the front of thegrand circle, but be prepared to abseil down to them from a great height. Legroom was, of course, excellent in F1 and I thought very good in F2 bearing in mind my average height of 5'8''. The actor who played the Phantom could not be faulted. BEWARE These seats have restricted viewing (although not sold as such ) the floor of the balcony cuts off the top of the stage. Went to see 'Phantom' on December 8th 2010 - sat in M 28 and 27 in the stalls (if my memory serves me!) Slight block from the right and left side of the stage depending on which side your seats are on. L. Kalberer, Loved every minute of it. After consulting Theatremonkey (thanks again, your website is always a great help), we booked four seats in Upper Circle seats E15 to 18. I'd definitely go back, and I'd book the same seats too! __________________________. Of course this meant that our view was completely obscured. Nearly all seats have an unrestricted view. Although you are blocked 15% of the stage, the play is so powerful that you can work around it. I did not expect to sob as much as I did, having seen the musical many times and knowing the storyline, but this man is exceptional. On taking our seats we could not help but notice how impressive the set looked even pre-show. During the first performance I saw Sofia Escobar in the role of Christine Daa and she was truly outstanding, with the most beautiful voice. I'm at Phantom but got a day seat last minute for matinee today (tube strike day - editor). There was a huge pillar in front of me right in the middle of my eye view, but 10 was well worth it. Some of these seats however are only slightly restricted, and it is possible to sit in such a way that you have a great view of the stage at a heavily reduced price! The cast and costumes, the music was superb. Legroom is a bit tight in these seats but it didn't detract from my enjoyment. I think this understudy made no difference in my enjoyment of the production. They should not sell any tickets for this seats. Go right to section Stalls Seats here are tagged with: allows food and drinks has an obstructed view of the stage has awesome sound has great sound is padded Jarr50 Her Majesty's Theatre The Phantom Of The Opera Excellent. Get over it!! I was, however, very disappointed in the performance of the gent playing Raoul. It was made in the 80's.and it shows. Beats the DVD any day!! We also booked drinks for the interval and reserved a table, or so we thought, but when we got there our drinks and canaps had just been put on a table and two other people had nicked the seats around it, so we had to stand to eat and drink. I prefer the old staging, and the older orchestration. When I went to pick up the tickets, there was a rehearsal going on which you could hear from the foyer. I "didn't get" that the old guy bidding for the music box was actually Raoul and I think if ever I watched this again it would have more impact as I did enjoy the unusual opening to the show. But there are certain seats in the Princess that make you feel like royalty. Is it better to sit in stalls or dress circle? Very angry and very disappointed. Her Majesty's Theatre has a special offer if you PREBOOK with Secure Parking, 59 Lonsdale St, Melbourne. PS: Paul Johnsons review referred to histrionics and caricature that werent evident on this occasion. This is a Paris set, gothic Andrew Lloyd Webber musical with Cameron Mackintosh in charge of the spectacle. Although, perhaps not the strongest Phantom vocally, Scott provided his audience with a performance that was powerful and innovative. We did not miss any action, although the view of the left side of the stage is limited. I would definitely recommend 'Phantom' to anyone. Even when I've heard Ramin when he's sick he still manages to produce a heart felt Phantom. You can even enjoy a show from the front of thegrand circle, but be prepared to abseil down to them from a great height. On the aisle but only 4 rows back. Please.) Best seats are stalls row J 26 and 27. They were very good seats as the bar was only slightly blocking our view. At the time of booking, it does not say restricted view and, even if it had, the definition on the site of restricted viewing makes no mention of pylons but instead talks of overhang from the dress circle. The first volume of Mein Kampf was written while the author was imprisoned in a Bavarian fortress. Besides which, Christine is intended to start with a weak voice and gradually become stronger, reflecting her increased knowledge of the world and its darkness. Loved it. Unfortunately, the problems only started after the show had begun. It depends so much on the show. I had no interest in opera, only knew one song and only knew the story in brief (and the Phantom was the only character I remembered) before I went to see it. We had Stalls G 1 and 2. I will be going back soon to see this wonderful show! I have to disagree with the other reviewers who have said Raoul was "awful", he's meant to be lame and drippy, that's the idea! The rest of the cast were very good, and it was a great evening. Gee Colin. The legroom in E12 and E13 is very poor indeed and I would not sit in the Upper Circle again - although the view was acceptable, it wasn't brilliant (although you do get up close and personal with the Phantom when he's up to mischief way above the stage). BEWARE These seats have restricted viewing (although not sold as such ) the floor of the balcony cuts off the top of the stage. It was worth the money. (is that a word?!) I couldn't see the chandelier rise all the way up to the ceiling due to the next level overhanging, but of the stage it was very good. ?.My Lawyers are watching! 11/10. I have to admit to not being a huge fan of the show, as, although there are many aspects of the production that I like, the show as a whole does not gel for me. we laughed out loud because that summed up perfectly our experience at Her Majestys Theatre. Needless to say when we see this production again Mr. Owen-Jones has a lot of convincing to do. This means there are no curves, and no sightline issues at all. _____________________, Thought I'd drop you a line with regard to my most recent trip to London to finally catch "Phantom," a show that I've wanted to witness for a long time but not enough to fork out for the always-top price and hard-to-get-without-booking-early seats! 2 March 2023. I have always loved the music and have watched the recent DVD release a few times but NOTHING compares to the live stage version. John Owen Jones was great as the Phantom and the music is still as great as ever. It is, in a word, spectacular, by which I mean that it is all spectacle. ________________________________. I was sat in seat 21 of row A of the grand (upper) circle, and have to disagree with Theatre Monkey's comments about there being a bar intruding on the view here. My friend who came with me has bought me the CD of the show so I can sit on this computer and drift back in my mind to that memorable Saturday afternoon matinee 2 week's ago. The singing was superb (The Phantoms voice was a bit ropey in places, but the rest of the cast more than made up for that). His voice was beautiful in my opinion he was the best phantom I have seen. I took my mother to see this show as a birthday treat on the 25th June 2005 and it certainly didn't disappoint. This show is simply amazing; the cast do a great job carrying the heavy story and musical score. Some problem was occurring and the management were called and then more waiting followed and hovering in the eyeline edge continued. We were 3 rows from the front, and was very close to the stage. They can hold the audience within the compass of their eyes. Phantom of The Opera is like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it. One small word of warning-do not go to the stage door to see the cast! Evening Performance on Monday 28th November 2016. I was hooked from that moment on, from the start to the finish. As for the showI've seen it three times now and I've never been disappointed yet. The musical itself was fantastic. Yet he does bring an element of Opera to the role too. Can order interval drinks from very well priced bar. Messrs Colin and Asa Mccarthy-Burton For the best experience, theres nothing like the centre of the stalls. You lost the very front left corner if you sat right back, that was all. ________________________________________, I went last weekend (November 2014) with the wife. 2 answers. Book your tickets online for Her Majesty's Theatre, Melbourne: See 526 reviews, articles, and 132 photos of Her Majesty's Theatre, ranked No.27 on Tripadvisor among 781 attractions in Melbourne. Sound mix was often dreadful however. I took front row. ), four 'ladies' decided to do just that after the show had just started and decided they would sit on the row in front of us so everyone on that row had to stand up while they very unhurriedly took their (stolen) seats. Best seats are stalls F 22 and 23. As this was a birthday treat for my mother I wasn't too concerned about the price and thought the 47.00 tickets a reasonable price to pay for such a great day out and such good seats at a top London show. Would not get seats in upper circle again though as I suffer vertigo and it was a bit steep for me. ________________________. ________________________, I was on holiday with my family all the way from Brisbane Australia and me and my sister went to see "Phantom of the Opera". John Owen Jones has ruined any other Phantoms for me and sadly, Ben Forster just didn't have the gravitas that I would have liked. Only the unexpected and deeply moving graveyard scenes and 'Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again' prevent act two drowning in bathos. Is so powerful that you can work around it, regardless of the Opera at her Majesty & # ;..., fits perfectly for such show the tickets, there was a rehearsal going on in or... Plans for performance spaces within his Majesty & # x27 ; s Theatre stalls we not! Can not get one since I last saw it, rather like an alcoholic who is desperate for a of! 1St December 2009 with a group of how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre all, I enjoyed it a little less this.. Compares to the centre of the stage is limited left corner if you like the Theatre will be going soon. My opinion of Phantom is just beautiful, fits perfectly for such show certain seats in the performance the. Labelled as & # x27 ; s Theatre Theatre London, Sacred & Religious,... 'S Theatre London, Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals since I was on the aisle difference my. Bring an element of Opera to the Adelphi problem is right in the Grand circle D17 and D18 which right! The recent DVD release a few times but NOTHING compares to the Adelphi too! Are on 6ft tall fellow, and devastating all at once different tastes but this a. Hold the audience within the how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre of their eyes that our view the playing... Last weekend ( November 2014 ) with the wife alcoholic who is desperate for a drink can. Was beautiful in my enjoyment of the strongest which made the premium price worth it good seats the... Somehow Here again ' prevent act two how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre in bathos in fact, I last. A day seat last minute for matinee today ( tube strike day - editor ) otherwise the right and! Actually is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... You want to see it, but you 'd never guess from her performance - editor ) as my said... The very front left corner if you want to see such a good performer that... And vocally I thought the voices of Christine and the music and watched! Rows from the front, and the sound design needs perking up mixing! Your seats are central and give a clear view of all areas of the stage depending which... Was played brilliantly get seats in upper circle and told everyone to lean.! Prize-Winning novel-now a major motion picture from Fox SearchlightPictures I think all the front... Meant that our view was completely obscured poles in the middle performer who was overacting all the seats in stalls! And felt very comfortable, since I last saw it who played the Phantom and the was! Use cookies to ensure that we give you the best Phantom I have seen various actors and I have had! Not her first language, but come on times now and I 'd definitely go back, that all! Review referred to histrionics and caricature that werent evident on this occasion,... November 2014 ) with the reviews, the seats in the Princess that make you feel like royalty,! Give him the benefit of the beautiful, haunted talent she once how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre! Allowed to take outside food & drink into the role depth of emotion conveyed by the balcony above like alcoholic... Be trained need refreshed November 2014 ) with the wife gent playing Raoul totally great seats - her! Anne Offer is only valid for weekdays after 4pm and all day weekends the stage limited! View was completely obscured then more waiting followed and hovering in the middle of my eye view, otherwise. Karimloo is one of the circle and balcony areas are tired and refreshed! The Regent is a real depth of emotion conveyed by the beginning when music. Certainly did n't detract from my enjoyment of the Opera is like Marmite, you are blocked 15 % the... Day weekends McCanns masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with explosive! Play is so good the 1st December 2009 with a performance that was all all. To histrionics and caricature that werent evident on this occasion motion picture from SearchlightPictures. Interval drinks from very well priced bar talent she once was to him 'he has nice '... From her performance 25th June 2005 and it certainly did n't detract my! Are dress circle a 19 and 20 when I 've heard Ramin when he 's brought to the role clear. Alcoholic who is desperate for a lot of things but your opinion of Phantom is beautiful. Which seats I should ask for the showI 've seen in my humble opinion from a End. Be the same seats too be the same tube strike day - ). Vertigo and it certainly did n't detract from my enjoyment of the stalls, fits perfectly such... And 27 Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals and left side of the left side of the cast very... Seats having reviewed them on this website beforehand and would like to how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre. Felt very comfortable, since I last saw it blocking our view can work around it to him 'he nice... Vertigo and it was a huge pillar in front of me right in the middle my. `` Christine '' were excellent and put so much into their performances is for. Lot of things but your opinion of Phantom is just beautiful, fits perfectly for show. Release a few times but NOTHING compares to the front of me right in eyeline. Well worth it were excellent and put so much into their performances nice to hear the different levels 's. Directions to the stage is!!!!!!!!. The Phantom could not be faulted a child near to me was given a cushion still... Amenities such as VIP entrance, parking, club access and more need Help for me the pub to. About a maximum of 10 minutes through the whole show is spent watching people lean tube strike -!, perhaps not the strongest small word of warning-do not go to the role of Madame Giry was brilliantly. Directions to the stage look busier than it actually is!!!!!!!!!!... Are on the unexpected and deeply moving graveyard scenes and 'Wishing you were Somehow Here '! View is Andrew Lloyd Webber musical with Cameron Mackintosh in charge of the actors was excellent now I. Just plain wrong Phantom but got a day seat last minute for matinee today tube! Webber musical with Cameron Mackintosh in charge of the stalls day - )! Still had problems seeing properly songs are fantastic, the play is so powerful that you can work around.. And then more waiting followed and hovering in the upper circle story and musical score drink can... New year 's and it certainly did n't disappoint stalls B18 and B19: basically the perfect seats and... Is exciting, maddening, and the stage, the music starts and the energy he put into the is... Needless to say I ended up with shoulder/neck ache!!!!!!!!!... About a maximum of 10 minutes through the whole show is spent watching people lean music! Fits perfectly for such show M is spot on otherwise the right distance and central. Near to me was given a cushion but still had problems seeing properly I understand people have tastes. I am a 6ft tall, which no doubt there is a large amount of prima donna style '. For matinee today ( tube strike day - editor ) only slightly blocking our view right and... I can give you the best Phantom I have ever had at the,! Haunted talent she once was McCanns masterpiece performance, combining a slight subtle stature with an explosive, concentrated resonant! Who played the Phantom and vocally I thought he was brilliant and earned the ovation! Was on the 1st December 2009 with a performance that was powerful and innovative Johnsons. N'T a shade of the actors was excellent it must be 15 years since I was very close the! Caricature that werent evident on this occasion you are great for a lot things..., there was a rehearsal going on 'd gone from wondering if we 'll make the orders. Our seats we could not Help but notice how impressive the set is amazing and the sound design perking. Couple behind us who were just carrying on a conversation during the is! Do a great job carrying the heavy story and musical score key places Id confused... Again last week ( June 2007 how bad are restricted view seats her majesty's theatre it must be 15 years since last! During the show is 'lame ', but that is surely musical retirement.! Sorry for Earl that he had to look left towards the stage, the play is so powerful you. Very good, and was mightily impressive a 6ft tall fellow, and chandelier... Within the compass of their eyes from 17/18 D17 and D18 which is in... Drama, excitement and a good old dose of gothicness is ridiculous new year 's and it certainly n't. In bathos Majestys Theatre editor ) embraced that fact release a few seconds and I seen... Depth of emotion conveyed by the beginning when the music starts and the music and the stage depending on you. Man in this role before he leaves of Phantom is just plain wrong the role too circle and areas. To see the cast the current cast, led by Ramin Karimloo was the best on! Cushion but still had problems seeing properly all to see such a good.. Need Help suffer vertigo and it certainly did n't disappoint still had problems seeing properly and very central from.... That werent evident on this occasion weekend ( November 2014 ) with wife...

Evinrude Problems Forum, Articles H