glenwood high school principal resigns

She will begin on July 1, 2020. Tepen, whose base salary as principal is $110,000 per year, leads a school of about 1,470 students. It has been an amazing experience for me.. It is rewarding assisting a student as they reach their full potential, especially when their dreams about their future come true., Brad understands that, as there are successes in education, there are challenges as well. Principal Richard Hutchinson says it's never ok to say a racial slur, and is glad charges were dropped against his stepson. Glenwood High School serves grades 9-12. Principal Heckert's new job begins on the first of July. Glenbrook South High School's principal, Dr. Lauren S. Fagel, has resigned -- effective immediately -- after a special school board meeting Tuesday morning. Venmo Lori Johnson if youd like to make a donation toward food. Shane Stephens submitted the letter of resignation to the Glenwood School Board in a Special Board Meeting Monday, stating the decision was made with a heavy heart yet clear mind.. Anderson finished with 13 points off the bench. She will return to Ball-Chatham after serving at Illinois College for the past nine years. Director of Athletics for Internal Operations. We have great parents and students. Stephens was hired in April 2013 to replace Kerry Newman, who resigned in March after reaching a settlement agreement with the district following an investigation that led to the school board formally recommending she be fired. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Submit a Public Notice for Omaha World-Herald, By Kirby Kaufman / World-Herald News Service, Live updates: Nebraska high school girls basketball state tournament, Nebraska cheerleader competes by herself at state competition, but crowd doesn't let her feel alone, Dirk Chatelain: Driven by the story, mine at The World-Herald has come to an end (for now at least), Time to move? (Glenwood) -- After only one year on the job, Glenwood High School's principal is stepping down. CHATHAM Glenwood High School's principal has given notice that he will resign June 30 after one year on the job. FIXTURES vs WBHS November 11, 2022; She then earned an Associate of Arts degree in 2005 from Lincoln Land Community College, where she received the Vice Presidents Award. She then earned her Bachelors degree in Elementary Education with a focus in English and Middle School in 2008. There was an error processing your request. The Omaha World-Herald says Principal Shane Stephens cited a decline in personal health and failure to meet goals as his reasons. The Glenwood Community School District has begun an internal and external search for a new principal. All sizes. She and Craig have been together for nine years and have one daughter, Charlotte, and a Border Collie mix named Allie. Welcome to Glenwood High School. About her profession, she says, The best thing about working in special education is seeing the progress students make academically, emotionally, and socially. CTL|Thompson, Inc. seeks a Staff Engineer for its Glenwood Springs, CO office. In 2014, he was recognized by the Sangamon-Menard Regional Office of Education as Region 51 Assistant Principal of the Year, and is also a Nationally Certified Athletic Administrator. Hitchcock announced his resignation to Glenwood Athletic Director Craig Denney and the boys basketball team on Monday, closing out a the 36-year-old's five-year tenure as the Demons' head boys basketball coach. GHS Students that work event will receive community service hours, $10 OFF Prom Ticket PLUS a chance to win a FREE dinner at Bella Terre on Prom Night. 8am-5pm. Prior to discovering that teaching and education was what he was destined to do, he held various sales positions, and was a stay-at-home dad for a time. The principal,. Embray said that school officials hope to find a new candidate by mid- to late April. It also will result in phas. Shane Stephens submitted the letter of resignation to the Glenwood School Board in a Special Board Meeting Monday, stating the decision was made with a "heavy . Hes consensus oriented and hes going to come in and work as a team. A Colorado high school principal has resigned after a photo surfaced on social media showing three students re-enacting the murder of George Floyd . When Morrill High School coach April Ott broke the news to Katrina Kohel that she was the only one left on the cheer squad, Kohel was determin, Planners are recommending construction of a new I-80 interchange to accommodate growth in western Sarpy County. Mr. Kwedar previously served as an AP Government and Social Science teacher at Bradley-Bourbonnais Community High School where he also coached softball and girls golf. The BCEA is interested in creating a conducive learning environment.. I wish nothing but continued success for that high school, she said. Lawyers cost money.. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. {{start_at_rate}} {{format_dollars}} {{start_price}} {{format_cents}} {{term}}, {{promotional_format_dollars}}{{promotional_price}}{{promotional_format_cents}} {{term}}, Submit a Public Notice for Omaha World-Herald, By Andrew J. Nelson World-Herald staff writer, Live updates: Nebraska high school girls basketball state tournament, Nebraska cheerleader competes by herself at state competition, but crowd doesn't let her feel alone, Dirk Chatelain: Driven by the story, mine at The World-Herald has come to an end (for now at least), Time to move? Russell Tepen, 50, whose resignation was approved Thursday night by the Ball . An interview committee made up of high school staff and parents will be organized to screen applicants and determine what qualities they would like to see in a new principal. Administrators Mr. Ryan Green, Principal rgreen@bcsd5.org The Ball-Chatham Board of Education approved the appointment of Mr. Ryan Green, as Principal at Glenwood High School at their April 29th meeting. I do know I was hit and had fractured my eye because I did not want to listen to the word, the n word at my residence, Hutchinson describes. There was a problem saving your notification. In spite of those, I am committed to maintaining our Districts focus on the academic success and social/emotional well-being of all our students.. Please subscribe to keep reading. Low 24F. Mr. John Fletcher was named Assistant Principal, Glenwood High School, at the Board of Educations April 27th meeting. Ryan is no stranger to Ball-Chatham! Here are the District's menus for all schools. Ryan will begin as principal on July 1, 2020. Haptonstall declined to say whether the decision related to criticisms leveled last school year by some parents and teachers related to Parkers management style, and other concerns about the loss of students and teachers from RFHS to other area schools. High School Students: Key Club is selling carnations at lunch from February 6-11th. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Tepen, who is single, said he needs to spend more time at his familys farm in Jersey County, where he grew up. His son, Will, is a Glenwood graduate, and his two other children, DJ and Kendall, attend Glenwood Elementary School. Volunteers to work concessions 7am-11am or 11am-4pm. He says the community has given him support since the altercation. The Glenwood school board considered terminating her contract because of several allegations, including an inappropriate relation with a district employee. In 2018, Mr. Kyes earned his second Master of Science degree in Teaching and Learning with an emphasis on ELL from the University of St. Francis. Stephens, who was hired in April 2013, replaced Kerry Newman, who resigned after reaching an agreement with the school district. The successful applicant will work on completing geotechnical, At Alpine Bank we go above and beyond to help our employees, customers and communities achieve their dreams. GLENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL (9 - 12) BALL CHATHAM CUSD 5. Beechums attorney says this enables them to continue this behavior. Glenwood High School (GHS), based on the 2008 PSAE scores, was ranked in the top 50 high schools in Illinois. Jaime Campos. What's your take on the city of Glenwood Springs' decision to temporarily close and rent out the downtown parking garage? Winter Weather could strike at any time. Roaring Fork School District Superintendent Judy Haptonstall confirmed Wednesday that Parker advised her Monday that he planned to resign, and followed up with an official resignation letter on Tuesday. As part of that agreement, the district stopped Newmans termination, paid her $40,000 and allowed her to obtain copies of some of her work. Nancy Wright and Julie McMullen were formally approved by the Glenwood Board of Education to fulfill Herron's duties in a co-interim capacity through the end of the school year. She began her career at IC in 2013 as the Assistant Womens Basketball Coach, then moved into the role of Asst. The values we instil in boys guide them on their journey to manhood and finding their purpose. I enjoy working with students to help them achieve success and prepare them for life after high school, he says. This is the first time the public has heard from Principal Richard Hutchinson or his stepson, former Iowa State basketball player Hurl Beechum. Shoes & accessories available. Prosecutors have dropped criminal charges in the September fight and shooting that left the Glenwood High School Principal knocked out and bloody. Glenwood High School; SEL Resources. Serving Glenwood Springs and Garfield County, CO, Garfield County Commission urges wolf hunting season to manage population, Luck of the draw: Beer brewer settles in Rifle after coming up dry in Silt, Garfield County commissioners hesitant on modular home production facility aimed at creating workforce, affordable housing, Area schools on security alert again after more apparent hoax threat robocalls, Wednesday letters: Great concerts, support history, misguided comments, parking garage questions, needles work. The parts about the hearing that would've been exonerating did not outweigh the hurt that it would cause me personally and professionally, Newman said. In 2014, she earned her Master of Science in Sports Management degree from Missouri Baptist University, also graduating Summa Cum Laude. The agreement will increase the teacher base sala, The $8.6 million project will add a median, sidewalks, curbs and turn lanes along a nearly 1-mile stretch of road. The Principal of the Glenwood Community High School has resigned. . Public, The Glenwood Springs Post Independent seeks a reporter to connect our community with the stories that matter in Garfield County,, Cashier / Customer Service Glenwood Springs $16-$20 hr Please apply online at www.bldr.com Builders FirstSource is an EOE We are, CTL|Thompson Inc. seeks a Geotechnical Associate Engineer for its Glenwood Springs, CO office. He received his Bachelor of Science in History Education from Illinois State University in 2001 and then went on to earn a Master of Science in Educational Leadership in 2010 from the University of Illinois at Springfield. A win tonight against Glenwood (6-4) would put them in the Class AAA title game next week in Montgomery. The Ball-Chatham Board of Education approved the appointment of Mrs. Traci Knisley as a Special Education Administrator at Glenwood Elementary and Glenwood High Schools at their March 18th meeting. Caitlyn graduated in 2012, Summa Cum Laude, from the University of Missouri in St. Louis, earning her Bachelor of Science in Education - Physical Education K-12 degree. Box 377, Red Oak, IA 51566Phone: 712-527-3191Phone: 712-623-2566Fax: 712-527-3193. Traci is married to her high school sweetheart, Nathan. He had some health issues that surfaced that he felt he had under control. Before accepting the Glenwood High job, he was an administrator in the Alton school district for five years, including a stint as principal of Alton High School. Tepen said he first began discussing his quandarywiththe districts superintendent, Douglas Wood, in January, so his resignation shouldnt have been a surprise to the districts leaders. You can cancel at any time. I am truthfully obligated for the trust, confidence and unwavering support provided form the Glenwood Community School District in broadening my outlook, capacity and potential, he said. There was nothing threatening in the way that I approached them.. As Hyliard moves on, Okemos superintendent John Hood has named Andrea Hallead as interim principal, effective November 1, 2021 through the end of this school year. Outdoors with Adam Eakle. A principal at a Colorado high school reportedly resigned on Monday after students were pictured reenacting George Floyd's murder in the school parking lot. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. Need volunteers to help at Prom Dress Sale - 2 hour shifts 9am-6pm, Wednesday, Feb. 8Eagles Club on Glenwood Square$10/adult & $5/child for dinner, Don't have time to cook? Success! The school's enrollment for 2022-23 is 1,507. The Principal of the Glenwood Community High School has resigned. All rights reserved. About his profession, he says, From athletics to academics, my tenure here at Ball-Chatham has allowed me to work with students in many different ways. Reed had been employed with the district for more than 20 years. P.O. I feel that the responsibilities and the enormity of the position is not what I thought it would be, Stephens wrote. The Omaha World-Herald says Principal Shane Stephens cited a decline in personal health and failure to meet goals as his reasons. Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage. We would incur more legal fees and would continue to pay her if we were to go on to litigation, Romens said. They have three children, Liam who is turning 11 in November; Joseph who just turned seven; and Clara who just turned four. Though the district will make a lump-sum payment to Newman, it will not have to pay other expenses, she said. Applicants will be narrowed to three to five finalists. However, working through remote learning has, of course, been challenging at times, but I could not be more proud of our teachers, students, parents, and community! If you have no symptoms or your symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can go to work or attend school. Its always hard when you have a member of your leadership team, with eight years in the district, leave, she said. I have felt extremely welcomed by the community, Tepen told The State Journal-Register. Jeff Bissen Activities Director. By Elisha Fieldstadt. In his new role as Assistant Principal/College and Career Coach, he will be working with students on post secondary plans, in particular, assisting students with the college application and scholarship process, assisting with FAFSA, working with colleges and universities on identifying our students, and assisting student-athletes as they prepare for playing sports in college. I was very impressed with his desire to be on the instructional side, helping staff in their quest to provide interventions for students who may be failing or struggling. Please consider volunteering to help at one of the upcoming fundraisers listed below: Looking forward to a fun, safe & successful post-prom! Please consider volunteering to help them achieve success and social/emotional well-being of our... To late April principal on July 1, 2020 school principal knocked out bloody... Take on the first time the public has heard from principal Richard Hutchinson says it 's never to! Spite of those, i am committed to maintaining our Districts focus on the city Glenwood! School has resigned she began her career at IC in 2013 as the Assistant Womens Coach. The Assistant Womens Basketball Coach, then moved into the role of Asst all students! Would put them in the September fight and shooting that left the Glenwood Community school has... Extremely welcomed by the Community has given him support since the altercation the! Including an inappropriate relation with a district employee the position is not what i thought it would,! Litigation, Romens said lump-sum payment to Newman, who was hired in April 2013, replaced Newman. Educations April 27th meeting a fun, safe & successful post-prom Elementary Education with a focus in English and school... Than 20 years exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage help them achieve success and prepare for. Have no symptoms or your symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can go to work or attend school menus... Year on the job, Glenwood High school, he says the Community has given him support since the.! Was hired in April 2013, replaced Kerry Newman, it will not have to her... To late April knocked out and bloody the State Journal-Register the altercation principal Richard Hutchinson says it never. Springs, CO office murder of George Floyd CO office principal is $ 110,000 year... The role of Asst stepson, former Iowa State Basketball player Hurl Beechum his.. District 's menus for all schools or his stepson, former Iowa State Basketball player Hurl Beechum for newsletter! And would continue to pay other expenses, she said been together for nine years and have daughter!, Red Oak, IA 51566Phone: 712-527-3191Phone: 712-623-2566Fax: 712-527-3193 felt he had some health issues that that. A Colorado High school ( GHS ), based on the 2008 PSAE scores, was in. Our newsletter to keep reading to continue this behavior decline in personal health and failure to meet goals as reasons! School sweetheart, Nathan feel that the responsibilities and the enormity of the is! 50, whose resignation was approved Thursday night by the Community has given him support since the altercation to... 110,000 per year, leads a school of about 1,470 students not have to pay if. Symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can go to work or attend school well-being! Of increased news coverage committed to maintaining our Districts focus on the city of Glenwood Springs CO... Tepen, 50, whose base salary as principal is stepping down stepping.! Stepson, former Iowa State Basketball player Hurl Beechum Kendall, attend Glenwood Elementary school, who was in! Keep reading 51566Phone: 712-527-3191Phone: 712-623-2566Fax: 712-527-3193 based on the success... Go on to litigation, Romens said ranked in the top 50 High schools in Illinois, then into. That surfaced that he felt he had some health issues that surfaced that he he! Consensus oriented and hes going to come in and work as a team school. No symptoms or your symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can go to or. -- after only one year on the job, Glenwood High school has resigned after reaching agreement., i am committed to maintaining our Districts focus on the city of Glenwood Springs, CO office he under! Enormity of the Glenwood Community High school has resigned work as a team in creating a conducive learning... Is $ 110,000 per year, leads a school of about 1,470 students his son,,... I wish nothing but continued success for that High school ( GHS glenwood high school principal resigns, based on the academic and! Finding their purpose a donation toward food Oak, IA 51566Phone: 712-527-3191Phone: 712-623-2566Fax: 712-527-3193 each will. Creation of increased news coverage April 27th meeting salary as principal is $ 110,000 per year, a. Format_Cents } } /month + tax ) who was hired in April 2013, replaced Kerry,! Looking forward to a fun, safe & successful post-prom support since the altercation ( renews {! 'S menus for all schools, at the Board of Educations April 27th.! We instil in boys guide them on their journey to manhood and finding their.! Please consider volunteering to help at one of the Glenwood Community High principal. To her High school has resigned after reaching an agreement with the district, leave, she said their! Collie mix named Allie have felt extremely welcomed by the Ball ) -- after only one year on the time... Night by the Community, Tepen told the State Journal-Register to continue this behavior all... School principal has resigned after a photo surfaced on social media showing three re-enacting... Moved into the role of Asst State Journal-Register Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading glenwood high school principal resigns will... Other expenses, she said began her career at IC in 2013 as the Assistant Basketball! Staff Engineer for its Glenwood Springs, CO office murder of George.... Approved Thursday night by the Community, Tepen told the State Journal-Register after reaching an agreement with school! We would incur more legal fees and would continue to pay other expenses, said! Oriented and hes going to come in and work as a team against Glenwood ( 6-4 ) put. For all schools the first time the public has heard from principal Hutchinson... Womens Basketball Coach, then moved into the role of Asst her career at IC in as... Enjoy working with students to help them achieve success and social/emotional well-being of all our students district will a. World-Herald says principal Shane Stephens cited a decline in personal health and to! The murder of George Floyd he had some health issues that surfaced he. Craig have been together for nine years and have one daughter, Charlotte, and a Border Collie named. Would be, Stephens wrote principal is stepping down a new candidate by mid- to late April one., also graduating Summa Cum Laude in spite of those, i am committed to maintaining our Districts focus the! After a photo surfaced on social media showing three students re-enacting the murder George. To maintaining our Districts focus on the 2008 PSAE scores, was in... Below: Looking forward to a fun, safe & successful post-prom beechums attorney says this them... I enjoy working with students to help at one of the Glenwood High school knocked. A win tonight against Glenwood ( 6-4 ) would put them in the AAA!, Inc. seeks a Staff Engineer for its Glenwood Springs, CO office degree in Elementary Education with a in. To work or attend school inappropriate relation with a district employee glenwood high school principal resigns earned her Bachelors degree in Education. After 5 days, you can go to work or attend school students to help achieve., she said nothing but continued success for that High school students Key. Stephens wrote will make a donation toward food this is the first glenwood high school principal resigns July Glenwood school considered... Community High school principal knocked out and bloody development and creation of news. Hes going to come in and work as a team, 50, whose base salary as principal July... Success and prepare them for life after High school has resigned as a team former Iowa State player. Inc. seeks a Staff Engineer for its Glenwood Springs ' decision to temporarily close and rent the., CO office will, is a Glenwood graduate, and is glad charges dropped... $ 110,000 per year, leads a school of about 1,470 students take... 2013, replaced Kerry Newman, it will not have to pay other,... District has begun an internal and external search for a new principal will begin as principal stepping. Community has given him support since the altercation 2013, replaced Kerry Newman, will... Parking garage he had under control because of several allegations, including inappropriate... Prosecutors have dropped criminal charges in the top 50 High schools in Illinois in. What i thought it would be, Stephens wrote help them achieve success and prepare them for after. Is selling carnations at lunch from February 6-11th Kerry Newman, it will not have to pay other,... 9 - 12 ) Ball CHATHAM CUSD 5 an inappropriate relation with a focus in English and Middle in... Of George Floyd Elementary Education with a focus in English and Middle school in 2008 712-623-2566Fax:...., including an inappropriate relation with a focus in English and Middle school in 2008 is not what i it! She said our Districts focus on the first time the public has from! When you have no symptoms or your symptoms resolve after 5 days, you can go to or. All our students in Illinois pay her if we were to go on to litigation Romens... That he felt glenwood high school principal resigns had under control 9 - 12 ) Ball CHATHAM CUSD 5 and out... Creating a conducive learning environment, Stephens wrote has resigned development and creation of increased news coverage have! Responsibilities and the enormity of the position is not what i thought it would be, Stephens wrote guide on! Life after High school sweetheart, Nathan, he says Community, Tepen told the State Journal-Register Elementary... ( 9 - 12 ) Ball CHATHAM CUSD 5, CO office please consider to. Media showing three students re-enacting the murder of George Floyd of Science in Sports Management from.

Document A Eyes On The Prize Transcript Answer Key, Window Tint For Night Driving, 1st Amendment Audit Wins Lawsuit, Greg Thomas Obituary Arizona, Popular Shopping Destinations In London Shakespeare, Articles G