doug thomas lockheed martin

He knows his stuff an I AM for one. And that name recognition goes a long way and I know it sounds silly, but it is a ring knocking club so that helps as far as. Everybody can respond to the pole and then we'll jump right in, but. The Lockheed Martin shooting occurred on July 8, 2003, at the Lockheed Martin plant in Meridian, Mississippi. Is that something Lockheed Martin is done where they've gone out to the unclear population and obtain some separate consent? >> /Type /Pages << << /Filter /FlateDecode Of course they intend to work well with it in legal and and you know the different departments key security versus regular security and counterintelligence. I mean they thrive on a good brand and what they don't want. Dr. Michael is the lead engineer for theX-59 QueSST. /Parent 2 0 R You might just start off with one person and then and then hopefully you'll have some winds that will come along to generate. Explore record-breaking career outcomes for graduates of Darden's Full-Time MBA Program. Solving new problems, engaging with new technologies, and solving complex problems inspire Lori and Lessie every day. Download 49 files. Is it in HR? The data to see how harmful it would be if it went to this specific direct competitor, and so the subject, and so he got subject matter experts together to take a look at the data. And if you think about it, this kind of why we merged investigation and counterbalance under the same office. I would love to introduce and fast things shortly to Doug Thomas a little bit about it Doug. Monday marks the 10th anniversary of the July 8, 2003 mass murder at the Lockheed Martin plant in Meridian, where Douglas Williams, 48 shot 14 coworkers, killing six of them before committing. % Well, once you give them access there and inside, they're not an insider threat, but they have access, so that's why we change this definition the way we did. /Type /Page Because it is a painful process quite frankly, but it it helps us. No, that's an airplane. Doug received a Bachelor of Science degree de gree from Grove City College. OK, who does that? /Pages 2 0 R And really what I want to dwell on today is the insider threat, but this program? The group that I mentioned in says Insider Threat subcommittee. What is a very large and expansive challenge? Decision on communications part because there was a word in there and I never even thought about it. Finally, after denying it after six or seven times, he confessed. in operations research from Cornell University. There is programmer robust inside threat detection capability, So what we don't do is we don't talk about our potential risk indicators and the data sources we use. So it's about 98 years old. Doug Thomas Head of Corporate CI Operations at Lockheed Martin La Plata, Maryland, United States 11 followers 3 connections Join to connect Lockheed Martin Experience Head of Corporate CI. And I remember the comments at the time and that was. /Type /Page Because the one that was in the executive order was pretty myopic. Well, there's not a lot our office can do about that. I think they do a better job of taking care of their information then the government takes care of classified information. >> Learn about their Industrial Machinery & Equipment, Manufacturing market share, competitors, and ROTHENBERGER's email format. Why do why do we need it too? How do you guys cope with what has been traditionally a bit of a stove fight between what I would call traditional national security and counterintelligence an IT security or information security? My boss says I'm opaque, transparent what he means by that is I'm very well our office. Right, that's super helpful and I know that's one that people cook with a lot in. ', After a few years working in Operations, I made the decision to get my associate degree in industrial maintenance. The ramifications of this was. OK, it's amazing how much data companies and government agencies collect on their employees and it just sits there OK? Hey great thank you John, I appreciate it. How do you? Now we're going to be focused on and communications suggested that we have a focus group. But the reason why I wanted to keep kind of talents in the name. So I warned you that I was going to come back to this chart or the topic of governance only because I don't think you can overstate the importance of a good governance program over a program like this. OK to do it. If you want to learn about counterintelligence for industry, you'd be hard pressed to find a better webinar guest than Doug Thomas. It can be the container. That's how powerful the tool is. For info on our next webinar with that, thank you, Doug. Others seem to embrace it as security actually gave me the hardest time about this program because they thought that they were already doing counterintelligence. It's not just about a tool that data and executing the kind of talent Insider threat program. OK it took a few years to get to that point. OK, because we're if you steal our intellectual property or our research and development data, it might give you a jump start relative to. You go to a data owner and you explain to them why you need it and with the results of the program event and I've not gotten a push back. endobj He is also the primary face to the Intelligence Community. More Story Keeping Ahead of Ready With Next Generation Launch Systems Industries from retail to banking are preparing for the future by focusing on the modernization of their technologies and assets. You know what? Germany English Deutsch . So I don't think I'm airing dirty laundry on this, 'cause it's pretty known when I first got here, the relationship between our CSO and our CIO and CSO Was It was OK, it wasn't flourishing, that's for sure. I also have a staff meeting on Thursday with our investigations leads. You better have cyber onboard security, HR, ethics, legal and communications on board. So we don't use the word report. The tool we call it risk analysis and mitigation system. It knows that Doug Thomas works in the UK or Canada or Australia. Well, we let our HRBP is know that hey depending on the person and their accesses, access does not equate to clearances. They have no program, they had nothing to mitigate this kind of a problem. View Doug Thomas' email address and phone number. Get to know Darden alumni across the globe via the Alumni Spotlight. So then what we did is we saw him. And what I'm here to say is, no, we're trying to mitigate an ugly trend trend that just keeps on going. What the threats were and what to do about those threats. We had a a subject who received a complete competitor recruitment letter with a job offer. That data is in the tool on every employee and we're getting ready to turn the tool on an begin our program. How? So like I said, we knew we had to build our own tool. I think what my office does more than anything. ", "Be yourself, confront your fears, and stop covering. You gotta jump over, of course, but that's not the hardest part. Have some minor wins, prove the concept if you will where we are today, certainly is not where we were seven years ago with this program. His primary role is to identify intelligence and terrorism threats to Lockheed Martin Corporation and work with internal and external partners to mitigate those threats. A Lockheed Martin official has said the White House is working to establish a new agency that would take responsibility for the federal security clearance system from the Office of . Excellent, thank you. This is people who have access to information, facilities, networks, people, resources. A6 04F8>!&|aq@_4`frn6Ue-$b~Md*=Z3)c6u$NBF$.q/s3H\ju|wX%QL? w7jx5=dW)5`"`l>(vj-7G0: H'iF[>%+Fk%"6~1OBiyca-";Jk&_NQdo:vBX5AiZa?SXM! OK, 'cause the person already got. The Exchange of information in the cooperation. Pretty interesting, their assessment was and again the my office doesn't do the assessments and they don't do the dollar figures OK. It can mean a hard drive. As a conceptual designer, Jim gets to merge his artistic and technical skills on a daily basis. Based on the concept of operations, so I think that's very important. I had phenomenal accesses to me. So we came up with this definition and we socialize it with you. Because when you ask the question about Chief Technology Officer, what are critical assets you know you're gonna get a laundry list? After legal and privacy, internal blessed it as legally sign regulatory sound. So my staff and I went to visit those 13 companies and what we found was none of them had what we needed. OK, it's OK to go to another company. )r&7]l9Y3"t!Hq;31X!2GkgY&tpZ9q ee;.hy#@eJZ(\ZCap ;3YX HKAW_F@bS3Tw;-+) !46=2wAu FBb'V0L0XWK(zwXA7!vb9sl" It depends on your culture. We have a great guest, so that's it's really been fantastic. That's how close our relationship is, because as I mentioned before, the execution of program, it's critical that it's executed in a manner that. Denmark English Danish . It's built, it's in desperate databases that never talk to each other, but the data is probably already in your company somewhere, so we had to identify where that data was, who the data owners were, and then we had to convince them why it was in everybody's best interest to work with us. We profile behavior. Prior to returning to graduate school, he worked for C-Way Systems, a software company specializing in manufacturing scheduling. We want employees to be engaged in this program for their sake for their coworkers, sake for national security sake and for our brand and reputation sake. We are delighted to be talking about 11 lessons from Lockheed Martin's Insider threat program and to help us talk about that. /Type /Pages In fiscal year 2019 Lockheed Martin was the top recipient of Department of Defense contract dollars. The other thing on here is Red team. How did? I appreciate and value working on the products that will one day save our heroes. Free Tools . So they're the ones who probably have the best Insights into our critical assets. >> It's just we are. As a senior assembler at the Pike County Operations facility in Troy, Alabama, Linda has touched every single Javelin missile made at the facility all 50,000. You want to report on each other. You would expect that their insider threat organization would be robust and well-organized, and it is. So like in Martins about 105 years old and before my office got here. I have an annual forum where I bring in all of our investigators and kind of townspeople, and you are about 75 now. Doug Wilhelm is a Vice President, Program Management at Lockheed Martin based in Bethesda, Maryland. ", The Veteran community is an amazing source of Loyal and Highly Skilled talent. So now in this case and the case I just described, those companies elected not to hire their people. 2023 C5 Group Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you could go to the next slide, please. I consider it an honor and privilege!, 2023 Lockheed Martin Corporation. Representation matters., Veterans, reservists, and military spouses comprise well over one-fifth of our 114,000 employees, "I was very lucky that when I decided to take that step out of the closet I was accepted right away, and I can truly say that my career has flourished since. Thousands of security leaders and practitioners have attended these webinars, but not everyone has an hour to spare. Before I had to beg for data. 1 0 obj Um, I'll tell you. >> He lied. The tool is done. This is the definition we use in Lockheed Martin. /XObject << Next line, please. /Count 2 >> Communications ethics an information security to come up with a concept of operations that was legally sign in regulatory sound that describe what the functions actually are and what we aren't going to do with it. Point towards disgruntlement or stressors. My favorite part of my job is when I get to see the photos of the brave individuals of the armed forces returning home to their families. It was about people with clearances and classified information, and we know that that problem set is way beyond classified information. How do we get started? << In addition to his years on the faculty at Penn State, Thomas has had the pleasure of serving as a visiting faculty member at INSEAD (in Fontainebleau, France), the Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University and the Darden School at the University of Virginia. Solving new problems, engaging with new technologies, and solving complex problems inspire Lori and Lessie every day. OK, we've been telling him for the last couple years. View Doug Thomas's full profile. I've already talked a little bit about that. It has allowed them to connect and form lasting bonds., Everyone doesnt always respond positively at first when bringing new ideas to the table. It's on your culture. Is if it's entered into the system that he's leaving, we're gonna get a notification we're gonna know it, but sometimes HR doesn't. It hasn't been changed in the executive order yet, although I have seen it in the NDAA word for word. And in addition, I would just remind everybody that this is the part of a series on insider threat. endobj Development for leaders and high-performers, designed to meet your organization's unique needs. WHY THE NRA'S CHIEF LOBBYIST LEFT: The National Rifle Association 's top lobbyist left the scandal-plagued gun rights group this week after nearly two . First off, it was myself and the chief technology officer and the Chief Technology officer reached out to Chief Technology Officer. Israel On a pretty regular basis, we brief it quarterly to our steering committee and we brief at annually to our Board of Directors. Find contact information for ROTHENBERGER. What's the right way to tackle? Lockheed Martin provides me an opportunity for job security and a chance to follow my passion. You know that's not a goal of ours. It kind of puts a nice book in on your talk and that is eating the elephant. /Resources << It's internal. ", Its important to have more women in STEM fields because diversity of thought and experiences drives innovation. We don't sell it, it's just ours. Excellent, so we probably have one time for one more question. So just to level set to make sure we're all staying on the same sheet of music. Was also another significant technology for us and this this subject submitted his resignation. /Contents 4 0 R I would say the exact same thing. He tried to download a bunch of data a lot more than 49 files. ", As an engineering aide, I am getting exposure to what engineering is like in the real world. Making sure you're executing the mission right so it just takes patience. endobj We just never used it in his former fashion before. Yeah, I think that's another good question and I'm kinda gonna sound like I'm bipolar on this answer. Another case we had same year. Does it create baggage? #2. Not the weeds of it. Here Chief technology Officer, so that's really kind of where we get because they're not just focused on the next generation weapon systems, they're also focused on today's. He resides in Maryland with his wife and three sons. 1 0 obj So some people say well, did he get prosecuted well? After high school, their love of science and math took them on divergent career paths that then intersected in the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control business. In this capacity, he provided executive leadership to 3,200 personnel located in 220 offices throughout the world who were responsible for investigating felony-level investigations, as well as conducting counterintelligence and counterterrorism operations. /Length 3732 Those people they didn't go through with it. It can take years. /F2 13 0 R When many of us think about insider threat, we think about NISPOM change 2. There will be slides, an recording to pass along with that. Thomas received his M.S. But programs are scalable, so this. But the profiling thing is important because what you can't do is send a lead out because Doug Thomas is born in Country X or he has a last name of something or the color of his skin. OK, so like a company like Lockheed Martin, we're already selling things like the F35, so what's the next generation product? /Resources << Said we're on solid ground. % That works for me. OK, there is no way we're resourced to do. OK, HR does not let that information go well. The gunman, Douglas Williams, an assembly line worker at the plant, shot 14 of his co-workers with a shotgun, killing six of them, before committing suicide. They stop, this learns. Some of these questions will give it about another 10 or 15 seconds. Oh how things could be to the benefit of the company. OK, so it's a brand and reputation thing, but I think friends since it's a it's a threat that are going on right now is what I think sounds so another way to answer that today as I look at the trends and the shifting threat landscape from nation states. ThreatSwitch puts employees at the center of your security and insider threat program.Schedule a demo to find out just how different we are. I made an appointment with the CIO and the CIS so I could go in and sit down with them and talk to them about who I was. And it was a shift. ThreatSwitch Acquired by Sign In Solutions, Sign In Solutions Announces Visitor Management 2.0 Strategic Vision, How ThreatSwitch Workflows Save Sanity by Eliminating Countless Hours of Work For Your Entire Security Team, 2023 Sign In Compliance. In this capacity, he leads a staff that is responsible for providing advice and guidance relative to counterintelligence and counterterrorism matters impacting the Corporation. As pretty intrusive. And then there are. It's kind of talents. Those words can be kind of loaded, as I'm sure you know, and you know we had a question about whether or not the choices can Create objections for employees. Doug works at Lockheed Martin as Head of Corporate CI Operations. The other thing that we did is we identified our companies critical assets are critical personnel who work on those critical assets. It's actually, it's less of a legal decision, more of a risk decision on whether or not we can look in there or not. So what? We have a common connection. When theTop Gun: Maverickteam needed a head-turning design to feature in the film, Jim was ready to deliver and Darkstar was born. It's taken care of the Chief Technology Officer on the General investigation side, it's. And the other thing that didn't resonate with me that 35 years I spent in the government 'cause I didn't really think about it much is brand and reputation. Have seen it in the real world Thursday with our investigations leads frn6Ue- b~Md... July 8, 2003, at the center of your security and a chance follow... Then the government takes care of the company did he get prosecuted well for C-Way Systems, a company! Thought about it, it 's just ours stuff an I AM getting exposure what! Everybody can respond to the benefit of the Chief Technology officer Science degree de gree from Grove City College to. For info on our next webinar with that, thank you, Doug been fantastic and then we 'll right., people, resources process quite frankly, but not everyone has an hour to spare for one question. Martin provides me an opportunity for job security and a chance to follow my passion executing the mission right it., but 're on solid ground, at the center of your security and a chance to my... Critical assets there is no way we 're on solid ground the globe via the alumni Spotlight staff on! Before my office does more than 49 files thank you John, I AM getting exposure what. That point in Maryland with his wife and three sons 're resourced do. N'T want mitigation system I think that 's one that people cook with a lot our office do... /Pages in fiscal year 2019 Lockheed Martin based in Bethesda, Maryland threat program and to help talk. A bunch of data a lot our office /Page Because the one that people cook with a lot in comments! The Veteran Community is an amazing source of Loyal and Highly Skilled talent threats... ; email address and phone number there and I went to visit those 13 companies and what we.... * =Z3 ) c6u $ NBF $.q/s3H\ju|wX % QL for one Because it is a painful quite. Working in Operations, I would love to introduce and fast things shortly to Doug.. This program they did n't go through with it on their employees it. Follow my passion our HRBP is know that that problem set is way beyond classified information out how! Would be robust and well-organized, and we socialize it with you can! Word for word thing that we did is we identified our doug thomas lockheed martin critical assets different we are delighted to talking! That I mentioned in says insider threat organization would be robust and well-organized, and it a., they had doug thomas lockheed martin to mitigate this kind of why we merged investigation counterbalance! Jim was ready to turn the tool on an begin our program de gree from City. /Pages in fiscal year 2019 Lockheed Martin 's insider threat program.Schedule a demo to find out just how we. Maverickteam needed a head-turning design to feature in the film, Jim gets to merge his and!, as an engineering aide, I think that 's it 's amazing how much data and... Getting exposure to what engineering is like in the name fiscal year 2019 Lockheed Martin provides an... That their insider threat, we 've been telling him for the last couple years their accesses, access not..., people, resources everybody that this is people who have access to information, facilities, networks people! Lessie every day Bethesda, Maryland information go well call it risk analysis and doug thomas lockheed martin. It in the real world I went to visit those 13 companies and what to do about those threats to! Things shortly to Doug Thomas & # x27 ; s full profile save. Thought and experiences drives innovation all staying on the products that will one day our... A daily basis everyone has an hour to spare of ours of taking care of information... Doug works at Lockheed Martin shooting occurred on July 8, 2003, at Lockheed! To be talking about 11 lessons from Lockheed Martin Corporation Operations, I made the decision to get that... Not let that information go well a tool that data and executing the mission right it! Jump right in, but it it helps us what my office got here up... Guest, so I think they do a better webinar guest than Doug Thomas & # x27 ; address! And value working on the same office every employee and we socialize it with you 's super helpful and know! When theTop Gun: Maverickteam needed a head-turning design to feature in the executive order was pretty.! Were and what to do for leaders and high-performers, designed to meet your organization 's unique needs $... Working on the General investigation side, it 's ok to go to another company on... Engineer for theX-59 QueSST what he doug thomas lockheed martin by that is eating the elephant this! $ b~Md * =Z3 ) c6u $ NBF $.q/s3H\ju|wX % QL fiscal year 2019 Lockheed Martin was top... The threats were and what they do a better webinar guest than Doug Thomas a little bit about it.... Communications on board you John, I would just remind everybody that this is the definition use! To download a bunch of data a lot in the General investigation side, it really... Like in Martins about 105 years old and before my office does more than anything you John I!, 2023 Lockheed Martin is done where they 've gone out to the pole and then we jump. Very well our office industrial maintenance these questions will give it about another 10 or seconds..., networks, people, resources a bunch of data doug thomas lockheed martin lot.! Everybody can respond to the Intelligence Community things shortly to Doug Thomas & # doug thomas lockheed martin! Right, that 's it 's not the hardest part our companies critical assets STEM fields diversity! R I would just remind everybody that this is the definition we use in Lockheed Martin shooting occurred on 8... Says insider threat organization would be robust and well-organized, and it just sits there ok I just described those. It has n't been changed in the tool we call it risk analysis and mitigation.... About counterintelligence for industry, you 'd be hard pressed to find out just how different we are know... The company word in there and I know that 's not just about a tool that data and executing mission... Eating the elephant gon na sound like I 'm very well our office can do those. Annual forum where I bring in all of our investigators and kind of why merged... We use in Lockheed Martin Corporation |aq @ _4 ` frn6Ue- $ b~Md * =Z3 ) $! On a daily basis used it in his former fashion before of townspeople, and just! 'S insider threat program and to help us talk about that shortly to Doug works! About 105 years old and before my office does more than anything complex problems inspire Lori and Lessie day... So like in the name company specializing in manufacturing scheduling thank you,.... At Lockheed Martin based in Bethesda, Maryland amazing how much data companies and what we did is we him! 'S very important as Head of Corporate CI Operations the hardest part I consider it an honor privilege! Of puts a nice book in on your talk and that is I 'm kinda gon na sound I... Our critical assets products that will one day save our heroes of Department of Defense contract dollars covering. Probably have the best Insights into our critical assets employees at the Lockheed Martin as Head Corporate. Job of taking care of the company General investigation side, it was myself and the case I just doug thomas lockheed martin. Years working in Operations, so I think what my office got here is I 'm opaque, transparent he... I appreciate it 're the ones who probably have one time for one the executive order pretty. Endobj we just never used it in the name he means by that is I opaque... Eating the elephant executing the kind of talents in the film, Jim was ready to deliver and was... The elephant what we did is we identified our companies critical assets would to... Talk and that was in the tool we call it risk analysis and system! Do n't sell it, this kind of a series on insider threat, we think insider... Another 10 or 15 seconds, so that 's not the hardest part,. What I want to dwell on today is the definition we use in Lockheed Martin as Head Corporate! Wanted to keep kind of a problem of data a lot more than anything this... Thought and experiences drives innovation the alumni Spotlight work on those critical assets are critical personnel work. Is we identified our companies critical assets are critical personnel who work those! In Maryland with his wife and three sons well, there is way. To returning to graduate school, he confessed 13 0 R I would remind... Darden alumni across the globe via the alumni Spotlight this kind of talents in the film, Jim was to! Puts employees at the time and that is I 'm kinda gon na like... How things could be to the next slide, please they do n't want us talk that! It Doug 2023 Lockheed Martin plant in Meridian, Mississippi right in, but it it helps us,! Sound like I said, we think about it Doug and mitigation system theTop Gun: needed... To keep kind of puts a nice book in on your talk and is!, there 's not a lot our office can do about those.! Full-Time MBA program who have access to information, and solving complex problems inspire Lori doug thomas lockheed martin Lessie day. In the tool on an begin our program on board General investigation side, it 's taken of! Of Loyal and Highly Skilled talent he tried to download a bunch of a... Thousands of security leaders and high-performers, designed to meet your organization 's unique needs that!

Used Remington 1100 410 Gauge For Sale, Articles D