colt detective special grip adapter

It was a great success, and quickly became entrenched in American folklore via movies and fiction. The Colt Detective Special morphed through four (4) variations (or series) in its almost seventy years; First series Detective Specials were manufactured from 1927 to 1946, with square butt grip frames through 1933 and round butt grip frames thereafter. But the proposed Postage is in addition to the cost of the adapter(s). . Shooting and discussing the classic Colt Detective Special. Might be easier to just buy some other grips from RIA. But it is not as wide as the larger Tyler model which is made for these larger frames, and so the top of the adapter does not overhang the sides of the frame the way a larger adapter would. Yellow ($25.00) Despite that wide trigger this may prove to be good in double action for me. A large caliber handgun does not go well with an aggressive grip texture. If you want one of those and dont see it on the Order page, it means that particular item is out of stock. If penetration is your priority, youll probably need to favor the heavier projectiles, unless youre willing to put up with extremely high pressures (and attendant recoil). Franzite Plastic Grips Colt Detective Special Revolver 1st Version Nice 2. Sorry, there are no results in your area. The Colt Commando Special was a version of the Detective Special with a matte finish and rubber grips; produced from 1984 to 1986, it was chambered in .38 Special and weighed 21.5 oz. White ($25.00) CONDITION: over 85% blue showing muzzle & carry wear. Newer loads like the 135 gr. Probably yes and the chances are really small so dont worry but also keep that in mind. Grips #3519G ($41.50), Screw #7158 ($16.00), Triple K Manufacturing Co. You can check this thread for for the discussion that accompanied the initial testing of the K frame adapters on various guns, and for photos of the fit on various K and N frame guns: http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/200044-bk-grip-adapters-square-butt-k-frame-prototypers-wanted.html. These adapters were used in conjunction with the existing stocks to change the feel of the gun, and the idea was popular enough that they were made by many companies. The tiny handles of wood or hard rubber used by Colts and Smith & Wesson on these early Hand Ejectors left a large part of the upper frame and recoil shoulder area completely exposed. SO IF YOU DONT get that confirmation within 24 hours, please send an email directly to kip@bkgrips.com, advising that you havent received the confirmation. The old Pachmayr units lacked finger grooves, but both the Tyler and BK Grips products incorporate a single finger groove on the front, to aid in control. View all posts by Mike, In the late 1970s Shooting Times gun writer Welcome to Hogue, Inc., home to a proud family tradition of American quality and innovation since 1968. There are all-wood grips and laminated wood grips coming in various color and pattern combinations out there. It was Peter Paul Mausers legendary autopistol that earned the sobriquet of broomhandle in this era for its unusual grip, but the Hand Ejectors didnt lag far behind in terms of poor ergonomics. Theyll penetrate better and will cut a bigger hole, without battering your hand. Skeeter Skelton proposed his dream revolver.. L frame guns use K frame grips, so they should be taken care of as well. Call Toll Free: 800-323-6144. International: 630-260-0400. 18.99. w/ integral serrated ramp front sight. ; ^ ). Want to see how recoil, point shot from pocket draw, and follow-ups work for another in center-of-mass and one in the hat.. This grip is more of a movie grip and often shooters learned this grip a long time ago. Iridescent Ivory ($25.00) Also, be aware that there were early, smaller Police Positive and Bankers Special frames which are sometimes referred to as D frames but which are NOT the same size as the later, larger Police Positive Special/Detective Special frame, and the D adapters do NOT fit properly on these earlier, smaller frames. $ 64.00. Off-Subject but I thought you might enjoy this one Tinker: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/yesterdays-gone-and-we-cant-get-it-back-lonesome-dove-walker-revolvers/, Your email address will not be published. 226 Williams Ln. My carry load in a steel frame snub is the .38 Buffalo Bore 110 gr Barnes all copper HP. It was felt that forcing the hand lower on the frame would place the trigger finger in a better position to work the trigger straight to the rear. Customers advised that the D adapters also fit properly on an E frame Officers Model andon the large frame New Service model. The Detective Special, Fifth Issue In 1993 Colt made a short run of Detective Specials from left over parts. They still feel great in the hand. Big fan of Tyler T-Grips. Register; Log On; Latest; Leaderboard; . During the 1960s, the grip frame of the Second Series Detective Special was shortened, matching that of Colt's other snub-nosed pistols, the Cobra and Agent. This dramatically reduces the wobbling that goes on through the trigger stroke. Another customer reports that the K adapter fits properly on a pre model 82 Taurus, sometimes known as The Falcon. COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL 1ST MODEL, FULL FRAME ALSO FITS COLT BANKER'S SPECIAL, COLT COURIER, 1ST MODEL & COBRA, ROUND BUTT CHECKERED WITH GOLD COLT MEDALLIONS "Royalwood" is the Tra COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL 1ST MODEL, FULL FRAME CLASSIC IVORY-LIKE, CHECKERED WITH GOLD MEDALLIONS. Add to cart. View Product Details. Wood Grips for Colt Detective Special Long Frame Round Butt Colt D Frame 1st Gen. The group size wasnt bad overall, but it was noticeably less rapid than I usually manage, and there were more flyers. $125.00. The adapters for S&W models work equally well on round and square butt frames. 1960 Mfg. The small S&W top-breaks were offered in their catalogue with a 2 barrel long before the dawn of the 20th C., as were guns from any number of smaller manufacturers. S# 766368. Choose from various modifications for your Colt Detective Special, including holsters, parts, sights, magazines, grips, lasers, lights and cleaning utilities. Price: $750.00. As a result, I like the adapters better on the medium-frame guns (like the Smith & Wesson K-Frames) where they fill my hand better, without pushing fingers off the bottom of the gun, or making it feel crowded by the trigger guard. In the context of that law, the National Rifle Association deemed pistol grips a "cosmetic feature". 23/32 from top of ledge to center of screw hole. The area between your strong hand thumb and index finger forms a V-shape. 2nd Issue. Some calibers can expand well and still penetrate deeply, but the .38 Special is not one of them, and if it was, you wouldnt want to shoot it in a snubby anyhow. New grips were needed or were they? The aluminum allows for texture modification, so you can find an endless range of color options and high-resolution graphics for your gun grip. They seem to do a good job of splitting the middle ground and are a solid choice, I think. Im glad we still have companies making adapters, so everyone has a choice. All Rights Reserved. The 3-3-3 Drill and Individual Self-Defense, Not the Sensitive Type, But Recoil is a Thing. Ive recently found myself in need of pocket-carry once/week when I visit a friend in a rough neighborhood. These were so popular, Colt put the Detective Special back into production until 1995. Single action is crisp and light with little overtravel. Orangish Brown ($25.00) Rated 5.00 out of 5 $ 195.00 Select options; Colt Diamondback D-frame service grips. In the meantime, thanks in advance for your patience. ), PAYMENTS ARE BY PAYPAL ONLY. Btw, Lucky Gunner just added the .38 HST load to its extensive ballistic testing list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxbVP1mwGk, Grip adaptors have their place and they really shine when you need to improve the grip without enlarging the overall profile of the gun. About that time, the Bureau also had in its inventory the Model . I find that even with the Tyler grip adapter that the I still need something a bit larger. Hersteller Colt Modell Detective Special Baujahr 1979 Kaliber .38 Special / 9x29mmR Zu verkaufen ein Colt Detective Special Revolver, in poliertem Schwarz, Baujahr 1979, in sehr gutem Zustand,. Hardware: Grips #3519G ($41.50), Screw #7158 ($16.00) Related products. First off the after-market grips had to go. Tyler T Adapter and Tyler T Micara Grip. . I get that they need to maintain profitability, but seriously they could have done a lot better than this. With a good holster, I can achieve a similar level of concealment, without those negatives. VTG JAY SCOTT COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL WOOD GUN GRIPS ROUND SHORT BUT. 6 Shot swing out cyl. The only practical difference between a 3rd and 4th generation DS is, the 4th was usually fitted with Pachmayr-type rubber grips, and came in the new Colt blue plastic box. Shop all of our G10 revolver grips; Colt Cobra, Kimber K6, Ruger SP101, Ruger GP100, S&W, Taurus Judge, and more. and this is how it sits in the hand with the grip adapter in place. I depend on all my gadgets loyally. The target stocks made grip adapters unnecessary, and as they became more popular in the 60s and 70s, the market for grip adapters began to fall off. Dave. I just installed a BK grip adapter on my model 19 wearing Altamonts version of a S&W splinter stock. Myths and folklore aside, it was the first service-caliber production model that came standard with a short barrel. This lovely third issue revolver remains in excelle Colt Detective Special Revolver serial #A44987, 38 Special, 2" tapered barrel with an excellent bore. Certain grip textures can be uncomfortable when shooting certain calibers and cartridges. I try to keep all 6 flavors in stock, but sometimes the customers get ahead of me and buy out one or more. ALSO FITS COLT BANKER'S SPECIAL, COLT COURIER, 1ST MODEL & COLT COBRA, ROUND BUTT COLT DETECTIVE SPECIAL REPRO RAM HORN GRIPS 2ND MODEL, HALF FRAME REGULAR SIZE, FITS TOGETHER AT BOTTOM SCREW SET INCLUDED WITH GOLD COLT MEDALLIONS These Grips Are Made of the Bes 2" barrel 38 special Original grips Mfg 1972 Mint condition, 2" barrel Mfg 1975 Original grips No box Mint condition. For rates, please view our shipping information. Tan ($25.00) However, you should assume they will NOT fit on the new Cobra model made in 2017 or thereafter. 2" rnd. Colt Revolver Grip Lot. Both the Ruger and Kimber come well equipped stock and fit my hand and pocket well, but if I find a vintage S&W at the next gun show with dinky stock grips, Im going to be coming back here for advice. Grips Also Fit Army Special, Official Police & Officers Model Match. (Left) Manufactured in 1932, serial number 410568. Colt Factory Grip and Tyler T adapter. Please contact the developer of this form processor to improve this message. . The early guns have a cylinder which is ~1.25 long, while the later, larger guns have a cylinder which is ~1.56 long. Two customers have fitted the K adapter to a Model 12, the lightweight K frame model whose frontstrap is 2mm narrower than regular K frames. I totally agree, one has to find the solution for his hand and his tastes. Grip adapters are made in black and ivory for Colt D/E frames, S&W K/L/N frames, and S&W J frames. Your email address will not be published. In a word, well. Lifes too short to shoot an ugly or goofy lookingrevolver, so thats not an inconsiderable benefit of the grip adapter. Looks very retro and is a big improvement. What you are seeing are Colt Detective Special grips (purchased from AR-7.com), a BK Grip Adapter, and it's all held in place with the grip screw and a Colt D Frame Stock Pin (which I had to scrounge up on eBay). Show. I like the concealability but cant abide the trade-off in shootability. They wont expand much, but theyll go the distance. Its rated at 1100 fps out of a 2 barrel. Lastly the cylinder-crane retention system was changed from the complicated retainer/screw combination to a simple screw. Required fields are marked *. There is no question that the Detective Special is a classic. Way, way better than black rubber with white medical tape. If you do not have a PayPal account and dont want to set one up, all I can suggest is that you find a friend who has an account and ask them to order for you. . 0 Schematic w/ Parts List . I try to keep all 6 flavors in stock, but sometimes the customers get ahead of me and buy out one or more. Eligible for . A rare Colt Detective Special with a 3" barrel - .38 Special. A better solution was obviously needed. Rated 5.00 out of 5 $ 150.00 Select options; Colt grip pin $ 20.00 Add to cart; Colt Python 1st generation . When the grips are tightened down on all of the clips, this will insure that the adapter is locked solidly in place against the metal and wood, where its supposed to be. from Thailand. I'm the 2nd owner and have owned this gun fo Colt Detective Special Double Action Revolver serial #M51108, 1976, .38 Special, 2 full lug heavy barrel with excellent bore. The 110gr FTX bullet used in the standard pressure and +P loads actually performs better at standard pressure velocities, and works a little better for reloads due to the pointed bullet. A Tyler T-Grip is pretty much mandatory on my S&W 12-2, as its an earlier one made with the slightly thinner than regular K-Frame grip frame; they didnt standardize it with the rest of the Ks until later. More likely of the Bankers Specials and orders for two-inch barreled Police Positives and Police Positive Specials provided the impetus. I decided to make a set in American Holly because I liked the black-and-white look of the Altamont grips. The Colt D-Frame was originally designed as a conveniently sized carry weapon for law enforcement. Quote; Link to . Free shipping. Furniture & Grip Accessories; Furniture Kits; Gas Blocks & Tubes; Grips; Guide Rods; MUZZLE DEVICE; Bolts & Pistons; Stripped Uppers; Handguards; Handgun Barrels; Stripped Lowers; When used as part of the Werner Carry System a Tyler Grip adaptor is combined with Barami Hip-Grip and a Hogue Handle Jr. Sleeve. Dimensions / Sizes for the Colt Detective Special Round Butt Target Grips; Measuring backside of right panel (vertical not diagonal) 3 1/8 at longest point. Both report that the adapter fits just fine. The Colt Detective Special was an American DA/SA revolver first produced in 1927 as a shortened version of the Police Positive Special handgun. Ill resist the considerable urge to get into the bullet selection thread on this one. Im a little leery of the 90 grain Critical Defense load and would actually prefer to run 148 grain wadcutters instead, for a light load. Interesting article, Mike, and it addresses a concern of mine. Charcoal Grey ($25.00) Two customers have reported that a D adapter fits well on theirRugerSecurity/Service Six. gun has never been fired. The First Series was produced from 1927 until 1946, the Second from 1947 to 1972, and the Third from 1973 to 1986. . $25.98. Particularly when it comes to the .38 snub, you cant just grab any random hollow point load off the shelf at the store and assume its going to do what its supposed to. Shipping Show Details. Unlike S&Ws inserts I dont see this one fuzz out in strong overhead light. Black It's in good shape for its age and ready to be used. Tue 8am to 5pm. The positive side is that grips are not expensive and can be changed quickly without gunsmithing skills. Description. SMITH & WESSON, COLT, & RUGER T-GRIP Fitting Chart Instructions for Attachment: For the proper fit of the T-Grip, loosen the screw on your grips until the copper clip attached to the T-Grip will slide in between the grips and the frame of the gun. So, beginning 5/17/21, payments will only be accepted through PayPal. RevolverGuy American Warrior Show Appearance, Across the Peak Podcast with Rich & Justin, target stocks popularized by Roper in the 1930s, https://snubtraining.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/snub-training-werner-carry-system/. You probably heard this before - a firearm should feel like a natural extension of your arm. 1 17/32 wide across ledge of extension. The biggest differences between the two guns is the Cobra was lighter and a bit shorter in the grip than the Colt Detective Special. The story of the handgun grip goes back to 1840, when the manufacture of a Delvigne Patent carbine, made by Lesoinnie Et Prilot Fils, Liege began. Most of the after market grips are for the later Colt production and may not fit the older grip . BK-Grip Adapter from BKGrips.com . Thus, youre stuck with the default wood magna grips, since none of the aftermarket K-Frame grips will fit. Select an option The grip frame size and curvature on these guns is the same as the D frame, so the D adapter snuggles into place properly. Plase the thumb of your support hand and the rest of your palm into the open surface of the grip. Add to Wishlist . The other issue is that there isnt a lot of surplus energy to play with. Thanks in advance. In 1927 Colt introduced the Detective Special, a 2 Police Positive Special in all but name, with the only real difference being a shortened ejector rod and ramped front sight. Dark Brown ($25.00) GA Sales: 1913. Learn More{{/message}}, {{#message}}{{{message}}}{{/message}}{{^message}}It appears your submission was successful. //

Prestwick Village Membership Cost, 5 Letter Words With Letters O U S, Samhsa Ccbhc Expansion Grants 2022 Awards, Queen Elizabeth Coronation Cup And Saucer 1953 Value, Richard Betz Son Of Carl Betz, Articles C