Walla Walla University Mathematics B.Sc. (2005)
The University of Texas at Austin Comput. And Applied Math. M.Sc. (2008)
The University of Texas at Austin Comput. Sci., Engin. and Math. Ph.D. (May 2011)
404 Not Found
- NSF Postdoctoral Fellow in Transformative Computational Science using CyberInfrastructure, Department of Pathology and Applied Mathematics, University of Washington, Seattle, Aug. 2011 – Present
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, June 2011 – Aug. 2011
- Graduate Research Assistant, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, January 2007-May 2011.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, UT Austin, Mathematics, August 2005 – January 2006.
- Summer Intern, Los Alamos National Laboratory, T7, June 2004 – September 2004, July 2005 -August 2005.
Peer reviewed publications
- A. Hawkins-Daarud, R. Rockne, A.R.A Anderson, and K.R. Swanson. Modeling Tumor-Associated Edema in Gliomas during Anti-Angiogenic THerapy and Its Impact on Imageable Tumor.Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 3, (2013).
- A.L. Baldock, R.C. Rockne, A.D. Boone, M.L. Neal, A. Hawkins-Daarud, D.M. Corwin, C.A. Bridge, L.A. Guyman, A.D. Trister, M.M. Mrugala, J.K. Rockhill, and K.R. Swanson. From patient-specific mathematical neuro-oncology to precision medicine. Frontiers in Oncology, vol. 3, (2013).
- J.T. Oden, E. E. Prudencio, and A. Hawkins-Daarud. Selection and Assessment of Phenomenological Models of Tumor Growth, Math. Mod. and Meth. in Appl. Sci., vol. 23, 1309 (2013).
- A. Hawkins-Daarud, K.G. van der Zee, and J.T. Oden, Numerical Simulation of a Thermodynamically-Consistent Four-Species Tumor Growth Model, Int. J. Num. Meth. Biomed. Eng., vol 28(1), 3-24 (2012).
A. Hawkins-Daarud, S. Prudhomme, K.G. van der Zee, and J.T. Oden. Bayesian Calibration, Validation, and Uncertainty Quantification of Diffuse Interface Models of Tumor Growth, J. Math. Bio., Epub Oct. 2012
- K.G. van der Zee, J.T. Oden, S. Prudhomme, and A. Hawkins, Goal-Oriented Error Estimation forCahn-Hilliard Models of Binary Phase Transition, Num. Meth. in P.D.E., vol. 27, 160-196 (2011).
- J.T. Oden, A. Hawkins, and S. Prudhomme, General Diffuse-Interface Theories and an Approach toPredictive Tumor Growth Modeling, Math. Mod. and Meth. in Appl. Sci., vol 20(3), 477-517 (2010).
- Y. Feng, D. Fuentes, A. Hawkins, J. Bass, M.N. Rylander, A. Elliott, A. Shetty, R.J. Stafford, and J.T.Oden, Nanoshell-mediated laser surgery simulation for prostate cancer treatment. Engineering withComputers, vol. 25(1), 3-13 (2009).
- Y. Feng, D. Fuentes, A. Hawkins, J. Bass, and M.N. Rylander, Model-based optimization and realtimecontrol for laser treatment of heterogeneous soft tissues. Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., vol.198(21-26), 1742-1750. Advances in Simulation-Based Engineering Sciences Special Issue HonoringProf. J. Tinsley Oden, (2009).
- K.R. Diller, J.T. Oden, C. Bajaj, J.C. Browne, J. Hazle, I. Babuˇska, J. Bass, L. Bidaut, L. Demkowicz,A. Elliott, Y. Feng, D. Fuentes, S. Goswami, A. Hawkins, S. Khoshnevis, B. Kwon, S. Prudhomme,and R.J. Stafford, Advances in Numerical Heat Transfer, volume 3: Numerical Implementation ofBioheat Models and Equations, chapter 9: Computational Infrastructure for the Real-Time Patient-Specific Treatment of Cancer. Taylor & Francis Group (2008).
- A. Hawkins-Daarud, Toward a Predictive Model of Tumor Growth, Ph.D. Dissertation, UT Austin(2011).
- J.T. Oden, A. Hawkins, and S. Prudhomme, Toward Predictive Models of Tumor Growth: A GeneralDiffuse-Interface Continuum Theory of Mixtures for Tumor Growth and a Bayesian Approachto Model Validation and Uncertainty Quantification, Technical Report, 09-18, Institute for ComputationalEngineering and Sciences, (2009).
- A. Hawkins, Survey of tumor growth mathematical modeling, Masters Report, UT Austin (2008).
- A. Hawkins and J.T. Oden, Toward a predictive model of tumor growth. Technical report, 08-29,Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, (2008).
- Y. Feng, D. Fuentes, A. Hawkins, and J.T. Oden, MRTI-Based Optimization and Real-Time LaserSurgical Control for Cancer Treatment Using Fast Inverse Analysis Techniques. BMEI, vol. 2, 168-172, 2008 International Conference on Bio-Medical Engineering and Informatics, (2008)
- Finalist in 2011 Melosh Student Paper Competition
- Finalist in 3rd Annual BGCE Student Paper Competition
- CAM Fellowship, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, UT Austin, January 2006 -December 2009
- Review and referee services for Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng.
- Organize biweekly seminar series, ICES Forum, August 2006 – May 2010.
- Representative to Graduate Student Assembly, UT Austin, January 2009 – January 2010.
- Computational Science, Engineering and Mathematics Student Representative, UT Austin, August2009 – September 2010.